• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

8 Days on the Camino Ingles?

Time of past OR future Camino
September 5 2014
I am meeting a friend in Madrid then we are planning to walk for 8 days. She has never walked before on camino. We want to end in SdC. Any ideas what is a reasonable expectation for a place to start? We are walking from August 28, I arrive in Madrid on the 27th, and she needs to be back in Madrid on the 5th? A very tight schedule!

cheers

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
In 2014, I stayed at the albergue at Covas, and walked around the headland to Ferrol as my first day. I then walked the rest of the Ingles route in five days. The walk from Covas was about 28km - a big first day but worth the effort.

hi @David Egglestone I did camino inlges in 2015 starting at Ferrol to earn a certificate. CI is a good route with a bit of challenge itself. I did a 7 day walk taking shorter distance since it was my first time. 8 days more than enough.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
We walked the Inglés over 9 days (from Ferrol itself) so it is possible to break it into as many sections as you want. If you have @JohnnieWalker's guide you can work out stages using both albergues and private accommodation - that is by combining the two '5 day' options given. You can check out our posts/blog on the Inglés for our stages (see link under this post) and Johnnie is just preparing a new updated guide too.

Most read last week in this forum

So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Beautiful walking weather on the Camino Ingles today
On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back