• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

80 000 pilgrims to Finisterre since 1997

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
Finisterre this month exceed the 80,000 pilgrims on their records (La Voz de Galicia) The overnight stays are rising in Muxía, who welcomed in July to nearly five hundred pilgrims.
So far in August 1016 walkers from 39 different nationalities passed through the shelter.
The shelter continues to break Fisterra figures and forecasts. Since the walkers began to count, 0 in 1997, 79,314 pilgrims have obtained Fisterrana. At the pace of arrivals this summer, before the end of the month exceeded 80,000.
In the first two weeks of August 1016 arrived at the albergue, averaging almost 70 a day. There is no place to house them all. Many sleep in one of two private hostels that are in the town, others in hotels and hostels and in private houses without licenses for such use, something very critical from the associations, but, despite threats of complaints, is still operating in Finisterre.
This summer, the road is doing better numbers than last year. In June 1809 pilgrims arrived at Finisterre, 2,050 in July and August there will be more. In the fist eight months of the year 7615 received the Fisterrana. June and July alone there are nearly 500 more than last year in the same months.
The variety of nationalities demonstrates the international dissemination of the map. Those who arrived only in the last 15 days came from 39 different countries. Predominantly European, but also Cameroon, Ecuador, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea. Only in the latter country Fisterra reached 28 walkers, shows that the road is the best showcase to publicize the area in the world.
In July came to Muxia, 487 pilgrims. From the hostel explained yesterday that there was no place. To this figure must be added that of those who came from Santiago and Finisterre to Muxía by bus to experience the town. Not counted in the hostel, but as tourists in a town that is of growing interest.
mundicamino.com

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
well, add one more peregino from america, as i so enjoyed the 4 day journey, even though the rain and hail pounded me some last week, the third day before i got to Cee, and saw the writing on the rock, Mira, Look....wow!! that entire day walking, and that view of the Atlantic, was just so beautiful. i combined my walk to finisterre, with my camino portuguese, and loved the experience, as always the camino taught me some things about myself, nature and the world i live in. i know many pilgrims take the bus there, but truthfully, they are missing a walk, than is almost 80 percent natural paths, as even when one walks on the streets, it is so lush and green, it feels as though you are walking on the grass...Viva la Finisterre, and buen camiino...mmmmm....what next?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back