Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Casa Ivar Pin
Custom hard enamel pin badge with silver coloured locking pin. Size: 30 mm.

80km from Seville with a pushchair

ofridar

We are coming from the UK and would like to walk for about a week from Seville with two children, in April.
We are thinking we could go as far as Almadén de la Plata or maybe even Monesterio.
Our younger child is 2 and we were thinking of taking a stroller with us to carry him through sections where he cannot walk.
Could you please advise whether the route between Seville and Monesterio can be done with a baby stroller (a strong one)?

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Waka

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
Some but not all, and other routes too.
I will start walking the VDLP on Monday and I will be updating the experience of my journey on the forum. I would be pleased to give you an update on the path.
I'm sure others who have done this recently will also give you information.

Via2010

06/07 & 12 Camino Francés, 08-10 Via de la Plata, 13/14 & 17 Camino Portugués, 18 Camino Primitivo
Hi,

I think the section "Almaden de la Plata" to "El Real de la Jara" had some steep descends on rock ground, which is not suitable for a stroller. I can remember, that my spanish pilgrim friends referred to this part of the camino as "rompe piernas" (breaking your ankles).

I think Monesterio-Merída is more suitable to your plans.

BC
Alexandra

Donna Sch

Veteran Member
VdLP-Sanabres-Fisterra (Summer 2015); Levante-Invierno (Feb/Mar 2019);
England Camino routes ?2024
Calvario, the hill before Almaden, is a shocker and definitely is not pushchair friendly. The El Real section is very uneven. If you were to take a stroller I would suggest something like a Mountainbuggy Terrain.

ofridar

Calvario, the hill before Almaden, is a shocker and definitely is not pushchair friendly. The El Real section is very uneven. If you were to take a stroller I would suggest something like a Mountainbuggy Terrain.
Thank you very much! Appreciate the advice.

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.

ofridar

Thank you very much! Appreciate the advice.

ofridar

I will start walking the VDLP on Monday and I will be updating the experience of my journey on the forum. I would be pleased to give you an update on the path.
I'm sure others who have done this recently will also give you information.
Thanks! that would be super helpful. We're happy to try a better stretch in the area.

happymarkos

HappyMark
2013 CF
2014 Le Puy-St Jean. 2014&16 Volunteer St JP
2016 Portuguese
2017 Porto-Santiago
We are coming from the UK and would like to walk for about a week from Seville with two children, in April.
We are thinking we could go as far as Almadén de la Plata or maybe even Monesterio.
Our younger child is 2 and we were thinking of taking a stroller with us to carry him through sections where he cannot walk.
Could you please advise whether the route between Seville and Monesterio can be done with a baby stroller (a strong one)?
I note you indicate your child can walk and only wanting to use the push chair on difficult terrain.
When I walked last year there was a veteran pilgrim who couldn’t carry a backpack so she bought a shopping trolley In Seville and placed everything in it. She did the whole way. When it was rough or a stream crossing she cradled it in her arms and walked across. I am sure you can do something similar.
There’s many beautiful stretches. Suggest you look at the terrrain on Gronze.com or Gerald Kelly’s book and choose a route. Sometimes walking on an adjacent road offers a better alternative than some of the tough rough terrain. Also weather dependent.
If the adults are fit then I can’t see anything that can’t be surmounted.
Buen Camino
Happymark

t2andreo

Veteran Member
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
Make sure the stroller can be folded for easier carry. One adult carries the child. The other, the stroller, until you get to a more suitable section.

There are specialized and ruggedized hiking strollers with pneumatic tires that fit this requirement. You might be able to borrow or rent one, if you do not already own one. Note: air-filled (pneumatic) tires are a huge help.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances