• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

84 year old walks 900km

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
His family say he's crazy to do the walk without help but on June 21st he will celebrate his 84th birthday.

The years do not weigh this pilgrim, who yesterday already accumulated 650 kms behind him. Henry, who started from Irun following the Camino de la Costa, makes an average of 30 kms a day, because as he himself acknowledges, "I am fit."
This man, a retiree who has worked almost everything, is a lover of the Pilgrim's Way. Not surprisingly, this is third time that he puts the boots to become a pilgrim.

What he likes best on the road are the people who are on it and their stories. "I have become very fond of a Korean who met in San Sebastian. We continued together, because she has a rate different from mine, because she likes to stop and see the churches. I do not speak English but we understood by gestures."
In fact, his ability to make friends saved him the last time he traveled the route, since due to a strained leg he was about to leave his pilgrimage, but he was saved with the help of a young Chinese. "I had a massage and the next day I could go through it."
Not yet complete his Jacobean adventure, but the Spaniard Enrique Perez is already thinking about new challenges, and that next year he wants to make the Road from Seville to Santiago. And knowing him, he certainly will not break his word
elcorreogallego.es

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Back