• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Año Santo en Valencia

JLWV

Jean-Luc
Time of past OR future Camino
Levante (2014-2016); Levante to Toledo (2017-2018), to be continued; Fisterra & Muxia (2018);
Due to the starting of the Año Santo the Xunta de Galicia asked us to illuminate one of our emblematic monuments, as the starting point of the camino de levante.
After approval by the cabildo of the cathedral and of the ayuntamiento, here is the result.

Attachments

• IMG-20210115-WA0025.jpg
    IMG-20210115-WA0025.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG-20210115-WA0031.jpg
    IMG-20210115-WA0031.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-20210115-WA0029.jpg
    IMG-20210115-WA0029.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 47
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Well, that looks like one way to begin my pilgrimage on the Levante. I hope that the arrows are pointing in the appropriate direction to keep me from getting lost when I am just starting. Maybe a couple of days in Valencia to get oriented would be a good idea?

Oh, Valencia is a wonderful city and very easy to get around in. I spent a month there in October 2018 studying Spanish to prepare for the Levante in March 2019. Lots to see - both ancient and modern and the aquarium is one of the best in Europe. Do plan on at least 3-4 days or full week, if you can. Even better if you can be there for <<Fallas>> (the week around March 19). And the welcome at the oficina de perigrinos was pure "Pilgrim"!!! (Thank you, Jean Luc!)

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Oh, Valencia is a wonderful city and very easy to get around in. I spent a month there in October 2018 studying Spanish to prepare for the Levante in March 2019. Lots to see - both ancient and modern and the aquarium is one of the best in Europe. Do plan on at least 3-4 days or full week, if you can. Even better if you can be there for <<Fallas>> (the week around March 19). And the welcome at the oficina de perigrinos was pure "Pilgrim"!!! (Thank you, Jean Luc!)
It sounds wonderful and I am looking forward very much to beginning the Levante there in the fall. I don't expect to be able to go before September, which is when I hope to be vaccinated for COVID-19 and feel safe to walk. As I have a new knee, I don't plan on walking very far in a day and I must return to Canada before my three months are up. So the time which I spend in Valencia will depend on how early I can get vaccinated and fly there. I am working on my Spanish, but making slow progress. Could you tell me the name of the Spanish school where you studied? Any amount of in person learning would help. And I shall want to visit the oficina de peregrinos to get the latest information on accommodation post pandemic. I am longing to get walking again.

The name of The school is Lingua-school. They have in person classes now, and on line classes via Zoom. I am taking a conversation class with them now. They offer regular classes I.e. grammar on line as well. The Levante is solitary; knowing some of the language led to some wonderful experiencees with the local people. I took 65 days VLC -SCQ and then to Muxia. I regret not having spent more time exploring some of the small towns in La Mancha. The Way between Toledo and Avila is spectacular! As is the middle part of the Sanabres. I’d love to do it again, but the Norte calls... PM me if you wish!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.