• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A bad dream

Peter Fransiscus

Be a Rainbow in someone else's cloud.
Time of past OR future Camino
All that we are is the result of what we have thought.
Dear friends ,
The bad dream started at Friday the 13th in the middle of the night when Marianne called 112.
With the ambulance to the hospital traumaroom, what they do with with a person in a short time is unbelievable.
I had bloodpoison and I had a little stroke
to begin with. They started with giving antibiotics. They also drained some brain liquid for for quick testing on inflammation
The result was there was a inflammation some where in my body .
More testing followed , first a esophageal scan and after that a pet scan.
Result of those tests was that my heart was ok.
But there was a inflammation on one of the disks in my lower back. To look in to that I had a MRI scan yesterday and that scan confirmed that the inflammation was on one of the disks.
The big question is now, what kind of antibiotics to use for the next 5 till 6 weeks.
That will be once a day and they can do it at home.
A big thank you is in place for some special Lady's , Sabine ,Vira , Sandra , Faith , Sybille and the Sisters.
For all the good care and praying for me in Santiago and elsewhere
Feel humble about all this attention for me .
You all will have a special place in my heart

Wish you all well, Peter .

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I'm sorry to hear this Peter and pray for a speedy and complete recovery. I am very thankful that it was caught soon and that you have many wonderful people helping and praying for you.

Mike

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Well Peter you are after all one of our most treasured Camino Angels.
Like I already wrote on the Non Serious Thread you did so much good with the shells for Denise that we as a Camino community can not stay behind.
Is Santiago's spirit not wonderful and uplifting?
Now rest well and above all listen to the nurses!
Otherwise I have to come over and lecture you....;)

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Dear friends ,
The bad dream started at Friday the 13th in the middle of the night when Marianne called 112.
With the ambulance to the hospital traumaroom, what they do with with a person in a short time is unbelievable.
to begin with. They started with giving antibiotics. They also drained some brain liquid for for quick testing on inflammation
But there was a inflammation on one of the disks in my lower back. To look in to that I had a MRI scan yesterday and that scan confirmed that the inflammation was on one of the disks.
The big question is now, what kind of antibiotics to use for the next 5 till 6 weeks.
A big thank you is in place for some special Lady's , Sabine ,Vira , Sandra , Faith , Sybille and the Sisters.

Hey! Peter! so wonderful to see you being the AUTHOR of this part of your story. You can be SURE of continuing prayer. (By the way, yesterday I found a thread with rules about Capital letters and changing text colours, but shh! I don't care! it is more important to make sure you and Marianne know you are being surrounded with love and prayer as well as appropriate medical care and attention!) Now, I will try not to CAPITALISE ANY MORE!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a journey, Peter!
I so am glad they found the source, you can be treated at home.
Thank you for taking the energy to fill us in on your news. Now it's healing time...we are all on the sidelines with prayers and cheering you on. Get well soon!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Dear friends ,

Wow Peter
You have surely been through the mill since the 13th...and you have come through it
You are always so helpful to all of us on this forum and we all wish you the best
Keep in touch re your progress
With best wishes
Annette

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Dear friends ,

Joining with your pilgrim friends to wish a speedy recovery. Take care, and buen camino.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Dear friends ,

Wow...sorry to read this! I wish you a speedy recovery to full fitness! Sounds like you had some brilliant help!
Best wishes!

Sorry to read that you have been so unwell Peter and wish you a speedy recovery. May you continue to be surrounded by Camino Angels. Sending Love and healing light to a fellow Pilgrim.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Dear friends ,

Very sorry indeed to hear this. I wish you a rapid and complete recovery. You are in my prayers.

Im just happy that we live in the age we do! We're able to diagnose and deal with issues like this. Glad they seem to have found what's wrong and prayers that the treatment will take care of it quickly. Be well!!

I add my best wishes for a full recovery in time for next year’s Camino, which will be all the precious when it once seemed that you might not make it. So many forum members have reason be grateful to you for the sympathy and encouragement you have offered when others were in adversity that you have earned the unlimited goodwill of thousands of your Camino followers. Get well soon and keep us posted.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Dear friends ,

Wish you all well, Peter .[/QUOTBlessings for the future and prayers in thanksgiving for the care you received. Xx
Stay well, Peter.
Dear friends ,

Wish you all well, Peter. Blessings and sending prayers in thanksgiving for your future health x
Dear friends ,

Blessings and prayers of thanksgiving for the care received x
Dear friends ,

Blessings and prayers of thanksgiving for the care you received x

Dear friends ,

Blessings and prayers of thanksgiving for the care you received x

Yay for comprehensive medical care! Peter I know your journey is your own, but can I tell you what inspired my father-in-law after his spinal surgery? (Apart from prayer and doing what the doctors said, that is)......the promise that we would drag him back to the Camino!! And we did.
May you walk again too.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Peter, get well and get back on the trial.

This is a reminder for all of us to never take good health for granted. If your 'inner voice' is telling you something is wrong, get it checked out right away.

Good to hear you are mending well.

Happy Trails in the future Peter.

Peter, your recent health issues remind me of conversations I have had with friends that state they wish to walk a Camino 'some day.' I aways advise people that express interest in doing one is that they should to do it now.
Don't wait if it is a real life goal. I even offer to help with their planning based on our experiences over our four trips to Spain. At this point, the excuses start and then I realize that a Camino is not a real goal for many people.
Good health can be fleeting. We are heathly today, then suddenly tomorrow we are not. I am not unique now that in my late fifties seeing and hearing about all sorts of people, many that are family or close friends that have had health issues appear suddenly out of nowhere that all but rule out something as strenuous as a Camino.
So for anyone looking at this thread that is seriously considering a Camino, do yourself a favor and do it now. All the help you could possibly need is right here at your finger tips.
God willing I hope to do a walk some place every year until I am not able. Then I will sit on a cruise ship with no regrets!

Peter Franciscus, good morning! I trust that you are being an exemplary patient... I have been praying for you, and glad to note your progress. Your full Forum name led me to hunt for an online version of St Francis’ Prayer. There are some that i cannot listen to because they are too much like pub singers with twiddles in them, and some that have true and beautiful notes. I was then delighted to find the one I hope you can open, here:
Both the female and male voices are well known, but, as happens, they are preserved now on vinyl or digital form.. it is different to the more popular version, but very appealing in its own way. I hope you enjoy it.

Peter Franciscus, good morning! I trust that you are being an exemplary patient... I have been praying for you, and glad to note your progress. Your full Forum name led me to hunt for an online version of St Francis’ Prayer. There are some that i cannot listen to because they are too much like pub singers with twiddles in them, and some that have true and beautiful notes. I was then delighted to find the one I hope you can open, here:
Both the female and male voices are well known, but, as happens, they are preserved now on vinyl or digital form.. it is different to the more popular version, but very appealing in its own way. I hope you enjoy it.
I enjoy'd it very much , thank you .
I'am home for a few day's now , all is going well. My back is stil a bit sensitive because the inflammation is still in there. a nurse is coming everyday to give me my infusion with antibiotics. That will end August 1 , after that I have to take 6 tablets a day for four weeks.
Also a big thank you for the praying you do for me, it's much appreciated .
All the best , Peter .

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Dear friends ,

Feel better, Peter. All the very best to you!

Well Peter you are after all one of our most treasured Camino Angels.
Like I already wrote on the Non Serious Thread you did so much good with the shells for Denise that we as a Camino community can not stay behind.
Is Santiago's spirit not wonderful and uplifting?
Now rest well and above all listen to the nurses!
Otherwise I have to come over and lecture you....;)
Such good advice for he who gives so much! Listen to your nurse and let someone else carry the weight for a moment...

I'am very happy, going home at the end of the afternoon.
Til August 1 I get 1time daily A infusion antibiotics and after that 4 weeks tablets.

Thank you for the update. Take it easy and slow as you recover !
Our prayers won’t cease just because you are now at home. Ask for help when you need it.

Dear friends ,

So glad to hear that you were always in very good hands, Peter. Ultreia!!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Peter, get well, and don't forget the Dutch saying "onkruid vergaat niet"!;)
Isn't it funny how you can take the word "weed" in different ways: weed as in weedy and feeble or weed as in hardy plant you just can't get rid of? ;)

Meant to ask before - how is Marianne doing? I hope you're being a good patient?

€46,-
Isn't it funny how you can take the word "weed" in different ways: weed as in weedy and feeble or weed as in hardy plant you just can't get rid of? ;)

Meant to ask before - how is Marianne doing? I hope you're being a good patient?
Marianne is doing well and I try to be a good patiënt.

Wish you well , Peter .

I’m so sorry to see that you’ve had a really rough time of it lately! But I’m glad that you are home and your recovery is progressing well. With care and patience your back will heal and before you know it you’ll be your old self again....and heading off on another Camino!

Take care, and as the Dutch say, “Sterkte”.
Best wishes,
Jill

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Dear Peter,
I´m so sorry to hear what happend to you. It feels good to hear that you are doing better and that you are given such great care from both doctors, nurses and not the least your loving Marianne. I will keep you both in my prayers, I wish you a full recovery and a lovely upcoming camino.

Ultreia!

Dear friends ,
A little update.
Till now it's going well with me , my back is still sensitive.
Last Saturday we went to Antwerp by car and I drove to and back home and that went well. And I walked a little over 6km.
Once home I had to lie down for a while to relax my back.
Still have to lie down every day.
Next Thursday morning I have to go the hospital to let them take some blood samples. And later that day I have an appointment with my doctor.
My hope is that the blood values are 10 or below 10 , they where 74 and when I left the hospital they where already down to 34.

I'am trying to get more in shape for our 4day visit to Santiago starting the 24th of September.

Wish you all well ,Peter.

Dear friends ,

Your good attitude will aid a great recovery. Ultreya.

Dear friends.

Good news , my blood value is now 10.
I'am so happy , I'am not there yet but this is a great step in the healing proces.

Have to finish the antibiotics cure till the end of this month.
Next week I still have a appointment with my cardiologist.

And I'am aloud to fly, so in 4 weeks we are going to Santiago. I'am so looking forward to that because I can thank some special people .
I'am so greatfull for all your good wishes that will be not forgotten .

Best wishes to you all , Peter .

Dear friends.
This afternoon I had an appointment with my cardiologist .
First they made a heartfilm and that was ok.
Because off this result I'am on less medication .That is always good.
The next appointment is in two years, they will do a scan because the heartvalves leak a little. Just a precaution.

And now , keep listning to my body .

Wish you all well , Peter .

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Dear friends.
This afternoon I had an appointment with my cardiologist .
First they made a heartfilm and that was ok.
Because off this result I'am on less medication .That is always good.
The next appointment is in two years, they will do a scan because the heartvalves leak a little. Just a precaution.

And now , keep listning to my body .

Wish you all well , Peter .
What great news, Peter. You both must be feeling very relieved. I am delighted. Go gently, Bentley!:D

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Ah, very good...you are well and truly emerging from the woods. I am very happy for you, Peter and glad to get this news.
I m so glad to hear of this outcome, Peter; this is great news. Hopefully, your progress will continue to lead toward you feeling healthier and normal.

Two years to the next scan.... the doctors must feel pretty good about how you're doing :)
Buen camino to you both! <<YAY>>
(And to everyone else out there whose medical dramas we don't know about.........)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back