Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

A barber in Santiago.

Stephen

Year of past OR future Camino
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
I'm starting to look a bit like an older candidate for the group, ZZ Top.
Any barbers open in Santiago. I should be there next week.

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

malingerer

samarkand
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)

Ya should be so lucky both with the hair AND getting to Santiago!

Buen Camino!

:)

samarkand.

First 2016
Latest Camino Frances Jul-Aug 2020
If you are on the Camino Frances you will pass Barberia Milenio to your right on Rua San Pedro just before you cross the road and enter the old town. It will be necessary to make an appointment though.

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Many, various, and continuing.
If you are on the Camino Frances you will pass Barberia Milenio to your right on Rua San Pedro just before you cross the road and enter the old town. It will be necessary to make an appointment though.

Very hip place for the handlebar-moustache metrosexual set. You might find yourself pierced... or maybe you'll get a coupon for the tattoo place across the road.

Stephen

Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
Very hip place for the handlebar-moustache metrosexual set. You might find yourself pierced... or maybe you'll get a coupon for the tattoo place across the road.
I'm already pierced (won't say where) and I think the 14 tattooes I already have are more than enough.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
When I was last in SdC (which I'm shocked to realise was nearly 2 years ago) there were clusters of young men with shaved heads and full, bushy beards. Initially I thought it was a Gay theme but my daughter tells me not - it's Hipster.
So embrace your Hipster image and just have your head shaved but do have them comb the bocadillo crumbs out of the beard.

(I was tempted to add something about there being a really good barber in Sevilla but decided not to).

Stephen

Nature has given me a tonsure. I just need a short back and sides, the crumbs combed out of my beard, and I'll look as hip as any hipster in Galicia.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.

Harland2019

Camino Frances April/May "2019"
I must say that after not shaving or having a haircut for the entire Camino Frances I enjoyed looking like a proper pilgrim (whatever that is) when I got home although my wife wasn't too impressed!

First 2016
Latest Camino Frances Jul-Aug 2020
I went there in 2018 and managed to get away without the tattoo or the piercing luckily.

I also had a shave for €3 in the old town in Braganza on the same camino but that would be a bit far to go from Santiago,

Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

nathanael

Frances, Norte, Plata,
Yes I went for an appointment and he said I would have to wait a week I said thank you but by that, I will be home.

Jacob pilgrim

2 French, 1 via de la plata, 1 Norte, multiple finisterre/muxia hospitalero 1 year

I live here and use 'Pilar Nuñez' on calle Galeras, 5 mins from cathedral just before the start of camino Fisterre. Very nice and skilled lady! Reccomend!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads