A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

A barber in Santiago.

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
I've found the time. Just completed SJPP to Santiago. 25 Aug to 1st Oct, 2016.
And now the Portuguese from Lisbon.
I'm starting to look a bit like an older candidate for the group, ZZ Top.
Any barbers open in Santiago. I should be there next week.

malingerer

samarkand
Camino(s) past & future
cf (2), de la plata, cp. (2003 -2018)
Ya should be so lucky both with the hair AND getting to Santiago!

Buen Camino!

:)

samarkand.

Camino(s) past & future
First 2016
Latest Camino Frances Jul-Aug 2020
If you are on the Camino Frances you will pass Barberia Milenio to your right on Rua San Pedro just before you cross the road and enter the old town. It will be necessary to make an appointment though.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Camino(s) past & future
Many, various, and continuing.
If you are on the Camino Frances you will pass Barberia Milenio to your right on Rua San Pedro just before you cross the road and enter the old town. It will be necessary to make an appointment though.
Very hip place for the handlebar-moustache metrosexual set. You might find yourself pierced... or maybe you'll get a coupon for the tattoo place across the road.

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Twice walked from St Jean to Estella and once from Sarria to Santiago. Maybe someday I'll find the time to do the entire walk.
Very hip place for the handlebar-moustache metrosexual set. You might find yourself pierced... or maybe you'll get a coupon for the tattoo place across the road.
I'm already pierced (won't say where) and I think the 14 tattooes I already have are more than enough.

Jeff Crawley

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Currently on a "Virtual" Camino and striding out across Castile y Leon!
When I was last in SdC (which I'm shocked to realise was nearly 2 years ago) there were clusters of young men with shaved heads and full, bushy beards. Initially I thought it was a Gay theme but my daughter tells me not - it's Hipster.
So embrace your Hipster image and just have your head shaved but do have them comb the bocadillo crumbs out of the beard.

(I was tempted to add something about there being a really good barber in Sevilla but decided not to).

Stephen

Camino(s) past & future
Nature has given me a tonsure. I just need a short back and sides, the crumbs combed out of my beard, and I'll look as hip as any hipster in Galicia.

Harland2019

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances April/May "2019"
I must say that after not shaving or having a haircut for the entire Camino Frances I enjoyed looking like a proper pilgrim (whatever that is) when I got home although my wife wasn't too impressed!

Camino(s) past & future
First 2016
Latest Camino Frances Jul-Aug 2020
I went there in 2018 and managed to get away without the tattoo or the piercing luckily.

I also had a shave for €3 in the old town in Braganza on the same camino but that would be a bit far to go from Santiago,

nathanael

Camino(s) past & future
Frances, Norte, Plata,
Yes I went for an appointment and he said I would have to wait a week I said thank you but by that, I will be home.

Jacob pilgrim

Camino(s) past & future
2 French, 1 via de la plata, 1 Norte, multiple finisterre/muxia hospitalero 1 year
I live here and use 'Pilar Nuñez' on calle Galeras, 5 mins from cathedral just before the start of camino Fisterre. Very nice and skilled lady! Reccomend!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock