• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A bit of malice in wanderland?

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
A tense assembly elected a new president of Friends of the Way
Booing, clapping, call to order and threats to tell the police 'adorned' a reunion in which Eduardo Franco withdrew his candidacy "in the absence of legal guarantees' . This is one of the tense moments of the assembly. Many partners were trying to be heard and they were embarrassed by the situation.

The Association of Friends of the Camino de Santiago chosen yesterday as the new president during a reunion in which he endured an unusual strain said that many feel embarrassed. The attempt to contest the assembly by the candidacy of Eduardo Franco led a series of nervous moments at which the outgoing president, Gregorio Martinez, even threatened to tell the police.
With only one candidate it seemed the thing was done but, far from hailing the then new president, was the personal vote in alphabetical order "to give greater transparency", as Jesus Aguirre, who told this newspaper that the problems encountered party had "a minority" and that what was intended was that Amigos del Camino de Santiago remained an association working for the pilgrimage route to Santiago "no individuals or interests. Those issues which will focus his presidency, he emphasized, are education, culture, relations with the University of Burgos, the physical care of the road and shelter.
Meanwhile, Eduardo Franco said he was going to study the possibility of challenging what has happened in the assembly before the courts.

Read more here...
http://www.diariodeburgos.es/noticia.cf ... 0E93D1AFE5

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Politics and egos!

Having said that, I don't think most of us peregrinos realise how much goes on behind the scenes to keep the camino wheels turning.
I brought home magazines, newsletters, bulletins, community newspapers, minutes of meetings etc etc., from the Camino Frances last time that give witness to the hundreds (or thousands) of people who work or volunteer on different el camino boards, committees, community groups etc. There was a report in a Spanish newsletter last week about 1000's of trees that will be planted in Castila y Leon this year. Volunteer groups go out regularly to pick up pilgrims' litter, paths are rehabilited or detours created, monuments are restored, arrows painted ... its a never ending job.
I'm not surprised tempers flare now and then and personalities clash!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
I'm looking for the best app to use whilst walking on the Camino. Usually I just rely on my Apple watch but I'm leaving that at home, so need an app use that I can pause at rest stops etc...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
Forgive me if already in a thread somewhere, but any search for the above brings up basically every post ever written! Did anyone get to see the premiere? Dying to know what it's like as the...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back