• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A blog about my Camino in May/June, 2013

A selection of Camino Jewellery
What a great blog, really enjoyed the whole thing. Loved the pictured of the doors. My camino starts next may 2014.

Very entertaining. Thanks for sharing.

My wife and I are planning our Camino for April/May 2015. I'll be 63 and she'll be 67.

Your story will give her great hope, as she's worried about the physical and mental aspect of putting one foot in front of the other, day after day, for six-plus weeks. I've assured her we'll stop whenever and wherever to rest and recuperate and, like you, we're sort of looking at taking seven rest days enroute.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Wayne, I saw a lot of women on the Camino who were older than I. All of them passed me :). So, yes, your wife can do it. I saw more injured younger people than older people, perhaps because older folks are more aware of their limitations. One thing I will do for my Camino next summer is to train more in preparation. And I will aim for an average of 8 to 10 miles per day rather than 11-13 miles, which is what I did this year.

I just missed you, Ibpierce. I walked the Sagahun/Calzada/Hermanillos/Mansilla route during my Camino this summer. I arrived in Sagahun just behind you and in Mansilla just ahead. If we had taken the same option after Sagahun we would have met. Oh well that is the Camino for you. Thank's for sharing your experience, I am sure that there are many who like me enjoy the reminders blog's such as your's give us.

How I enjoyed reading your blog, so down to earth and the photo's are beautiful. Just the right amount of words, (some blogs are very wordy), thankyou for sharing. I will be starting my Camino on 15 May this year so was very interested in the weather you experienced.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you, Keldi. Hopefully 2014 weather will be a bit friendlier than 2013. I am starting my second Camino in Pamplona on June 1st. CAN'T WAIT!

Hola everyone,

I thought I would share the blog I wrote about my experience on the Camino Frances earlier this year. Here is the link, http://caminojoy.tumblr.com/. The PASSWORD is linda2013.

Thank you Linda. I paid a visit to your site and found myself getting teary-eyed. I started on the 5th of May 2013 so I figured from your blog dates you were in Pamplona by then. Your photos are just wonderful, really professional. Thanks for sharing our collective memories!

Hello :)
I just returned from following your link and reading your blog. I smiled frequently while reading and more than once; burst into laughter. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and photos. My first camino begins next month and it won't surprise me if I hear an echo of your words while I walk ❤️

Kerstin

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Wonderful blog and photos. Thanks for sharing!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back