• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Camino Credential story I think you will like

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2023 Vasco, Meseta, Portugues Coastal
Hi Fellow Pilgrims,

Hope this is posted in the correct place.
Came across this story in a news feed.

Open it in Chrome and it translates for those non-Spanish speakers.
I think everyone may find this pretty interesting regarding the different credentials one can receive. There are links I haven't read yet, but will soon. Some of this many of us will know but there is a whole lot I learned. I think it will be fun reading for you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Fellow Pilgrims,

I think everyone may find this pretty interesting regarding the different credentials one can receive. There are links I haven't read yet, but will soon. Some of this many of us will know but there is a whole lot I learned. I think it will be fun reading for you.
I came across this recently doing research for my walk in May https://viajecaminodesantiago.com/en/pilgrims-useful-information/other-certificates/

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Fellow Pilgrims,

Thanks for sharing this. Forgive the pedantry on my part, but the author of this article makes an errorcito when conflating the Compostela certificate (which he says is “stamped” in the albergues) and the credencial, in the section titled “Credenciales del camino de santiago.” Ok, end of rant 🤓

Thanks for sharing this. Forgive the pedantry on my part, but the author of this article makes an errorcito when conflating the Compostela certificate (which he says is “stamped” in the albergues) and the credencial, in the section titled “Credenciales del camino de santiago.” Ok, end of rant 🤓
I agree. I would call them certificados del Camino de Santiago.

I agree. I would call them certificados del Camino de Santiago
I think you are both correct but might it be just the google translate that created this error? I don't know. But then again I haven't checked myself. ;)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think you are both correct but might it be just the google translate that created this error? I don't know. But then again I haven't checked myself. ;)
Curiously enough, the original Spanish text is the problem. The author is not 100% clear on his Camino terminology. In any case, the article does offer a nice overview of all the different certificates of completion :)

Curiously enough, the original Spanish text is the problem. The author is not 100% clear on his Camino terminology. In any case, the article does offer a nice overview of all the different certificates of completion :)
Thanks for that.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.