• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Camino de Santiago Themed Playlist

D

Deleted member 84269

A few songs to wash up those beautiful memories if you've returned or fire you up if you're planning or thinking about going walkabout:

1. Midnight on the Interstate - Trampled by Turtles
Reminds me of striding out of Leon at midnight and guided by the pearly light of the full moon.
If you can get someone to go with you and know the passage is relatively safe, it’s a great way to beat the heat and a very different and unique experience to walking by day. Just to reiterate: DO NOT GO ALONE! Like the Nike advert says, “Just two it!”

2. Dancing in the Dark - Bruce Springsteen
When you get up and hit the road before dawn you can swing your sticks and sing this is one to stay awake.

3. I’m On Fire - Bruce Springsteen
What you scream to the heavens when the soil on the sizzling Meseta is burning your feet through the soles of your boots.

4. Lay Here - The Mulligan Brothers
You’ve finished your takeaway bocadillo, your boots are off, you’re getting a fresh air pedicure and the grass is tickling you between the toes.

‘I’ll lay here against this tree stump in the shade just five more minutes,’ you convince yourself. 20 minutes later you’re still there.

5. Wherever I Wake Up - Suitcase Junket
It’s with excitement and anticipation wherever we wake up on the Camino we have the words of Jack Kerouac in our heads. “There’s nowhere to go but everywhere!”

6. The Wanderer - U2 & Johnny Cash
“I went out walking, through streets paved with gold” Johnny Cash sings. We do the same walking the streets, trails and paths paved in the golden Spanish sunlight.

7. Say Hello, Wave Goodbye - David Gray
Just as we do passing our fellow ´grinos on the road.

8. It Won’t Be Long - Branches
Until we finally make it to the albergue. Until we finally get that coffee we’ve been craving all morning. Until we finally get to kick off our boots. Until we sink our teeth into our 444th bocadillo of the trip. “It won’t be long” - four motivating words that get us through the day.

9. The Weight - The Band.
The issue we all wrestle with as we work out what to take, leave at home or discard along the way from our backpacks.

10. The Hardest Part - Coldplay
The blisters? That monster of a mountain from St. Jean Pied de Port to Roncevalles. Trying to get some sleep in the albergue? Missing friends, family and pets whilst away? Refraining from pulling the leg hairs of the carrier bag rustlers that wake you prematurely? What’s the hardest part for you?

For ten more songs to add to your playlist go to:
https://caminosantiagoblogcom.wordpress.com/blog/

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I’d like to add these this list, some are a play on words, some came to us because of a sight (three little birds) etc. we met a guy that literally behaved, boasted and walked (in similar boots) like Gaston... etc.
My Lord my Lord - Michael Franti
The road goes on forever - Robert Earl Keen
Help me Ronda
The end
Don’t stop believing
One foot in front of the other
Heat wave
Barney Miller theme
Disco Inferno
Walk on
Long walk home - Bruce Springsteen
Walking on the moon
Down on the corner out in the street
Living on the edge of the world
Carry on my wayward son (for walking thru Carrion)
The pusher - always a virtual drug store available from pilgrims
No no no no...
Rhinestone Cowboy- Cowboy bar
American woman
I would walk 500 miles
Let it ride
My favorite wine...is tequila
Lovely Rita Metermaid
Devil in Disguise
Thunderstruck
Smoking in the boys room - people did
“What if” I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
HS,,xippy hippy shake - every day, getting our packs on and off!
Age of Aquarius
Come together
Gaston
The elephants march
Wanted dead or alive
If I should fall behind
Ring my bell
Stuck in the middle with you
Take a chance on me
All things must pass
I Will Survive
I’m a believer (smash mouth)
The Distance - Cake
Get down tonight
Nothing but blue skies
Singing in the rain
Country roads take me home
Three little birds
All together now
And...I downloaded the soundtrack from “The Way”

Add one, add all. It’s fun to explore music that inspired us.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A few songs to wash up those beautiful memories if you've returned or fire you up if you're planning or thinking about going walkabout:

Reminds me of striding out of Leon at midnight and guided by the pearly light of the full moon.
If you can get someone to go with you and know the passage is relatively safe, it’s a great way to beat the heat and a very different and unique experience to walking by day. Just to reiterate: DO NOT GO ALONE! Like the Nike advert says, “Just two it!”

When you get up and hit the road before dawn you can swing your sticks and sing this is one to stay awake.

What you scream to the heavens when the soil on the sizzling Meseta is burning your feet through the soles of your boots.

You’ve finished your takeaway bocadillo, your boots are off, you’re getting a fresh air pedicure and the grass is tickling you between the toes.

‘I’ll lay here against this tree stump in the shade just five more minutes,’ you convince yourself. 20 minutes later you’re still there.

It’s with excitement and anticipation wherever we wake up on the Camino we have the words of Jack Kerouac in our heads. “There’s nowhere to go but everywhere!”

“I went out walking, through streets paved with gold” Johnny Cash sings. We do the same walking the streets, trails and paths paved in the golden Spanish sunlight.

Until we finally make it to the albergue. Until we finally get that coffee we’ve been craving all morning. Until we finally get to kick off our boots. Until we sink our teeth into our 444th bocadillo of the trip. “It won’t be long” - four motivating words that get us through the day.

The issue we all wrestle with as we work out what to take, leave at home or discard along the way from our backpacks.

The blisters? That monster of a mountain from St. Jean Pied de Port to Roncevalles. Trying to get some sleep in the albergue? Missing friends, family and pets whilst away? Refraining from pulling the leg hairs of the carrier bag rustlers that wake you prematurely? What’s the hardest part for you?

If you use the search function you will see there are already numerous threads on this topic.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

I always thinks about Willy Nilsson’s - I am on the road again
And
Carol king’s - you got a friend ❤️

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Bird song; traffic noise; wind; boots on gravel; boots in mud; coffee machines; storks rattling their beaks; Tic-tac hiking poles; snoring; "¿que requieres?"; "Buen Camino"; "tener la litera de abajo".

All the sound-track I need
cow bells in the Pyrenees:)

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
'I don't care if it rains or freezes ' comes to mind .
For those not familiar with it there are many versions made popular by Steve McQueen in his role of Cool Hand Luke .

if you have forgotten your earplugs or like me do not listen to electronics , try open the playlist in your head.
It is amazing how many excerpts, ditties, and half symphonies one actualy remembers..!

I’d like to add these this list, some are a play on words, some came to us because of a sight (three little birds) etc. we met a guy that literally behaved, boasted and walked (in similar boots) like Gaston... etc.
My Lord my Lord - Michael Franti
The road goes on forever - Robert Earl Keen
Help me Ronda
The end
Don’t stop believing
One foot in front of the other
Heat wave
Barney Miller theme
Disco Inferno
Walk on
Long walk home - Bruce Springsteen
Walking on the moon
Down on the corner out in the street
Living on the edge of the world
Carry on my wayward son (for walking thru Carrion)
The pusher - always a virtual drug store available from pilgrims
No no no no...
Rhinestone Cowboy- Cowboy bar
American woman
I would walk 500 miles
Let it ride
My favorite wine...is tequila
Lovely Rita Metermaid
Devil in Disguise
Thunderstruck
Smoking in the boys room - people did
“What if” I still haven’t found what I’m looking for
HS,,xippy hippy shake - every day, getting our packs on and off!
Age of Aquarius
Come together
Gaston
The elephants march
Wanted dead or alive
If I should fall behind
Ring my bell
Stuck in the middle with you
Take a chance on me
All things must pass
I Will Survive
I’m a believer (smash mouth)
The Distance - Cake
Get down tonight
Nothing but blue skies
Singing in the rain
Country roads take me home
Three little birds
All together now
And...I downloaded the soundtrack from “The Way”

Add one, add all. It’s fun to explore music that inspired us.
"You'll never walk alone" - Elvis Presley

Restless hearts, it has been a long time,
Out here on the journey, for a glimpse of paradise,
It's getting hard to find a place to go,
Where peaceful waters flow;
I took a walk past the old Saxon well,
Down by the cathedral, I heard the chapel bell,
And joined the people singing for a way to go,
Where peaceful waters flow

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
And if you don't know by now, you never will,
Only love can find the door,
If you could see it now, it's in your hands,
Only love can reach the shore, to heaven

Most read last week in this forum

Can anyone highly recommend an intro, fast track Spanish course, anywhere in Spain? I took Spanish lessons years ago, but was waylaid by learning Dutch, and couldn't cope with both...
Mark Taubert in FranceInfo, 24 Mars, 2024 , describes a new GR hike which has been planned for the past 10 years along the Seine passing the locations where famous 19th c Impressionist...
Moderator, please place this in the appropriate thread. Thank you. Well, it's about time.😊👍...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back