• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Camino in Tibet

Myra Ramsay

MyraNT
Time of past OR future Camino
SDJP to SDC 2016
Porto to SDC, Finisterre, Muxia, Camino Ingles 2017
Camino del Norte 2019?
Yesterday I watched a repeat of the A Pilgrimage into Tibet on Compass which is an ABC program in Australia. It shows a group of Australian pilgrims who go on the sacred trek around Mt Kailish. Can’t seem to find www address but if you search “Pilgrmage into Tibet” you should find it. Very interesting. Some pilgrims take a helicopter to avoid the initial trek to Mt Kaililsh.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The ABC website says you can stream the episode from anywhere in the world but I can't get it to play on a browser in Portugal. There's also an app that I haven't tried, so that might work.

While on the Camino Francés a few years ago I met a very interesting American pilgrim who had directed a film about the pilgrimage at Mt Kailash. I haven't seen the film but the trailer is here:

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I had dinner in about 1990 with the friend of a friend who walked from the Chengdu area of China to Lhasa, Tibet. It was completely illegal for foreigners to do this as it went through some off limits areas, but she was sneaky about it and made it all the way there. It took a couple of months. Once she reached the area of eastern Tibet, she caught up with many Tibetan pilgrims who were prostrating their way to Lhasa. Her photos were stunning.

Last edited:
St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

Most read last week in this forum

Started the pilgrimage yesterday (23rd March), walking from Ise Jingu Naiku to Tamaru. Took the train back to accommodation in Ise as there's nothing available in Tamaru. Was raining the whole...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.