• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A christmas online pilgrimage

FamPed

Pilgrim
Time of past OR future Camino
There are many different Pilgrim Routes and Caminos in life.

A christmas online pilgrimage

I would like to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy 2018, with this little christmas LEGO-story I found online. http://www.bricktestament.com/the_life_of_jesus/index.html

(Mods, please move it if misplacesed, or erase. This isn´t meant to be anything else than an wish of a lovely christmas and there on. Thank you all for a great job.)

upload_2017-12-22_12-25-24.png

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I loved the story. Also, I have an 8-year old nephew in Belgium who is a LEGO master. I will send this along.

Thank you very much...and, from here in balmy South Florida, my very warmest Christmas wishes to all...and a very HAPPY NEW YEAR too!

It is so refreshing to be able to wish one another "Merry Christmas" here, again too!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Happy Christmas, everyone! In this season it's worth sparing a thought for everyone who can't celebrate as we can. Here is how imaginative woman dealt with that. It really made my evening.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...deeds-were-the-result/?utm_term=.d2d6e7b79103
I really enjoyed the article. It reminds me of a time when our pastor on a Sunday evening divided us up into teams and sent us out into the community with $5 and the instruction to bless someone with it. The church is in an area frequented by homeless folks.

Merry Christmas to all!

Phil

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
A Merry Christmas and thank you to all.
Hope you enjoy this version which always reminds me of the camino.
Thank you, I love it! Merry Christmas to you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you, I love it! Merry Christmas to you.
I know that Hallelujah is a bit contentious on this forum but having stayed at the Albergue Parroquial de Santa María with the singing nuns in Carrión de los Condes, it will forever be a camino song for me.:) The nuns sang a Spanish version that I’m assuming was NOT the Leonard Cohen version. At the time I was struggling to keep it together and combined with having only minimal Spanish language skills, there was a snowball’s chance I was going to follow the lyrics. I’ve been wondering if the version above, sung so beautifully by the students of Killard Special School, is the same as one sung by the lovely Augustinian nuns at Carrión. Perhaps someone on this forum knows?

@HedaP Thank you for sharing your story, now I love the song even more. :) If the nuns in Carrión de los Condes sings Hallelujah, then it´s a camino song! upload_2017-12-24_11-49-5.png
This is the most beautiful version of this song I ever heard, and the children are so presious. upload_2017-12-24_11-50-41.png upload_2017-12-24_11-49-55.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-24_11-47-25.png
    upload_2017-12-24_11-47-25.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 4
  • upload_2017-12-24_11-48-39.png
    upload_2017-12-24_11-48-39.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2017-12-24_11-49-28.png
    upload_2017-12-24_11-49-28.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I realize this was a change in the lyrics, set to Mr. Cohen's emblematic tune. Still, it was wonderful!

Not too shabby for a observant Jewish fellow, who was also a Buddhist monk, and from Montreal...eh?

In this vein, the previous 'most odd' use of a secular tune in church music was about 10-years ago, when I was living in the Flemish region of Belgium. Attending Mass at my local Catholic church, one Sunday the organist started playing what I SWORE was the "House of the Rising Sun," by Eric Burdon and the Animals (a 1960s popular song about a brothel). My immediate thought (unspoken) was WTF?!?!?:eek::eek:

When the choir started, in Dutch of course, I was already laughing silently to my wife. We were looking at each other in silent disbelief. But the words were to "Amazing Grace" (a Christian standard hymn). Color me surprised.

A good tune is always a good tune.;)

one Sunday the organist started playing what I SWORE was the "House of the Rising Sun," by Eric Burdon and the Animals (a 1960s popular song about a brothel). My immediate thought (unspoken) was WTF?!?!?:eek::eek:
A good tune is always a good tune.;)

I had a similar experience at a parish church in Portugal, Andreo, when the choir sang a Beatles song at the Offertory. I can't remember now which song it was, but I do remember thinking "Crikey, I hope they changed the lyrics!"

Have to admit I have always loved the Leonard Cohen version. Saw him perform live in Sydney a few years ago and it was particularly special. I love the Jeff Buckley version as well. But the Killard House version trumps them all, especially at this time of year. And I still would really like to know the lyrics of the Spanish version sung by the Augustinian sisters if anyone knows what they are. They do hand out song sheets but collect them at the end of the session. Can anyone help?

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back