• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A collection of Camino videos

David Tallan

Staff member
Time of past OR future Camino
1989, 2016, 2018, 2023, 2024...
Much as I do appreciate the interview videos and Ivar's updates from Santiago, my favourite Camino videos are those filmed on the Camino by people sharing their journeys. This sub-forum seems the perfect place to share a few of my favourites. Here are some of the ones that are still available on video-sharing sites. Feel free to add to the thread with your own favourites.

I'll start off with the vlog series. Each of these consist of a number of videos following the pilgrim(s) day by day. Some of these have production values and narrative arcs that, to my eyes at least, rival any of the professionally produced and commercially released Camino movies. I start with some of my favourites that have stuck with me over the years. If they whet your appetite for more, there are others that I've watched linked below. There are a bunch more on my "to watch" list. If you know of other good ones, feel free to share them in responses to this thread.

Of course, all of those just show "highlights". If you want to see the complete way, there are a couple of possibilities:

And then there are standalone videos, people who have put their entire camino experience into one video. As with the vlogs, I've found the best of these have cinematography and narrative arcs that rival anything commercial. And also, as with the vlogs, I've put my favourites that have stuck with me at the top, followed by other ones I sometimes go back to below. And, of course, there are probably plenty more as good that I haven't seen yet. They get added faster than I can watch them. Please point me at the good ones I've missed. I've sorted them by length, to facilitate finding one that will fit your available time.

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks David.
Great list.
I also have my videos and I would like to share, for dure It is amateur, but I have been doing to share my experience and help someone during his travel planning.
Buen Camino.

Much as I do appreciate the interview videos and Ivar's updates from Santiago, my favourite Camino videos are those filmed on the Camino by people sharing their journeys. This sub-forum seems the perfect place to share a few of my favourites. Here are some of the ones that are still available on video-sharing sites. Feel free to add to the thread with your own favourites.

I'll start off with the vlog series. Each of these consist of a number of videos following the pilgrim(s) day by day. Some of these have production values and narrative arcs that, to my eyes at least, rival any of the professionally produced and commercially released Camino movies. I start with some of my favourites that have stuck with me over the years. If they whet your appetite for more, there are others that I've watched linked below. There are a bunch more on my "to watch" list. If you know of other good ones, feel free to share them in responses to this thread.

Of course, all of those just show "highlights". If you want to see the complete way, there are a couple of possibilities:

And then there are standalone videos, people who have put their entire camino experience into one video. As with the vlogs, I've found the best of these have cinematography and narrative arcs that rival anything commercial. And also, as with the vlogs, I've put my favourites that have stuck with me at the top, followed by other ones I sometimes go back to below. And, of course, there are probably plenty more as good that I haven't seen yet. They get added faster than I can watch them. Please point me at the good ones I've missed. I've sorted them by length, to facilitate finding one that will fit your available time.

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

These are wonderful...and we have time😀😀😀 Sometimes when I watch on film I find myself walking with them! Thank you again!

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Terrific resource. A few of those I have watched, but most I’m not familiar with. i’m sure I’ll get some enjoyable viewing. It might be nice to add this to resources, as well, So it doesn’t disappear into the sea of posts.

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

And I thought my Camino playlist on YouTube was long.......

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
And I thought my Camino playlist on YouTube was long.......
And that doesn't include the videos that are essentially just slideshows, of which there are many, or all of the many daily vlog series still on my "Watch Later" YouTube list. And its been a long time since I've done a "Camino" search on vimeo.

Thank you David for the time and effort you have put into this great resource for the benefit of others.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks for collating these David. Great to have so many in one spot...and with times listed too. Wonderful. Looking forward to coming back here to click on them whenever I need another Camino dose! (Which is quite often these days)

Thanks David, it is nice to have a list, I am on YouTube a lot and just flip through them and see what ones I like. Nice to have a title or a name to check out.

Cathy

Over one hour long:

30-60 minutes:

30 minutes or less:

Thank
You David. Amazing list. So appreciate your effort. If I may, I would like to add the complete vlog from Alaskan Pilgrim. Day by day of her Camino Frances. Very well done.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank
You David. Amazing list. So appreciate your effort. If I may, I would like to add the complete vlog from Alaskan Pilgrim. Day by day of her Camino Frances. Very well done.
I think you will find that already there under her name, Jeanee James. :)

Hi,
I made short videos of other caminos than Francès :
- Camino Torrès : from Salamanca to Santiago, by Portugal (not Via de la Plata) (2017)
- Portugal : from Cabo de Sao Vicente (near Sagrès, south Portugal to Santiago) (2018)
- Camino de Santiago de Gran Canaria (2019)
- Camino del Levante from Valencia to Zamora then Camino Sanabrès from Zamora to Santiago (2019)
- Caminho Portugues da Costa from Porto to santiago (2019)
on my youtube channel he.panpub :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLHa4Ir6xLtLmB8dUvg1Ipg/videos

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Been following Efren Gonzalez on his Journeys!
Taking the mystery\fear of the unknown out of the Caminos for me. Seen many deep into the nite..but hasn't taken away from the joy of being there myself someday.

Thank
CRAZY!!!! her posts showed up in my feed this last week!
There are a few that pop up..but hers was insistent..now i have to check it out!

Been following Efren Gonzalez on his Journeys!
Efren is my all time favorite for watching Camino videos! The quality is outstanding and he is definately a professional. He has such a great personality and his enthusiasm is contageous! I just finished his newest series on the Norte and it was excellent.

Efren is my all time favorite for watching Camino videos! The quality is outstanding and he is definately a professional. He has such a great personality and his enthusiasm is contageous! I just finished his newest series on the Norte and it was excellent.
It was someone from here who had posted a link to his many videos..saw one and was hooked.watching the Camino Francigena right now..from following all the good folks journeys here..mentions and notables from your journeys....it has been like having read the book of really great authors and then seeing a movie that follows what has happened,can happen..costs outside of Spain, a certain section of Camino leading to Switzerland
Alburgues,pensiones,wild camping..its like all your wonderful travels and tribulations brought to life.

I dont want to limit the series nor denegrate anyones experiences by saying the series is a gold standard..because there is always another POV,another storyteller who will open my eyes to the possibilities of the Caminos you guys have traveled ..but so far my top views are his channels!

These links are excellent. I had been doing my homework for the Camino Ingles and had not found any videos I had liked, but I found a couple of good ones in your links.
Thank you very much for taking the time to do this for us all.

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
Thank

I REALLY ENJOYED THE Alaskan Pilgrim video segments. She did a great job presenting a good sample of the terrain. One sees where she stayed, what she ate, and her day to day, real-life struggles and triumphs! I think it is an excellent video, for someone who wants to get a real feel of daily experience on the CF. She, like us, got “caught” in Logrono the weekend of the Wine festval...luckily we had booked a hostel - though barely a roof over our heads, it was lodging.
ANYWAY THANK YOU Alaskan Pilgrim for sharing your Camino experience and sense of wonder and gratefulness. I admire your fitness and ability to carry so much weight! You may have gotten some of the blisters from the stress of the extra weight you were carrying? A well-done day to day sharing of your heart-felt struggles and joys on your camino!

Last edited:
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
This is a great and well organized list of Camino films. Thanks for putting it together. Thanks also for including my series for the Camino Frances from 2015.

Last edited:
I am still walking short distances at home while enjoying numerous Camino videos from SJPdP to SdC. Many early mistakes resulted in blisters. Some Major reasons for those included: Most of these pilgrims had not walked with their packs full prior to departure; Or, some tried to walk from SJpdP to Roncevalles without having practiced with their backpack prior to departure and then insisted on carrying overweight backpacks from SJPdP to Roncevalles, Or, some did not stop to take off their shoes and air out their feet, and, or change socks, and, or, Some tried To do too long a distance the first couple of days.

Two Camino videos I would recommend:
Lindsey Hikes and Travels: Camino Frances. Lindsay has videos on her planning and preparation which would be helpful to newbies. How she cared for her feet on the camino was exemplary. She had no blisters and paced herself initially. Knew her own pace. Not sure, however, about her combinations of pain meds. Good for single women traveling alone.

Great for families to watch....

WorldTowning: Camino Frances. Jessica and Will and their children Avalon (12) and Largo (10) were quite entertaining! They live an alternative lifestyle in real life. What a humorous, warm, loving family ! This is not the typical camino video. They made some early self care mistakes with their feet resulting in blisters. And they did their camino their way. However,they were able to walk all the wayfrom SjPdP to Finisterre. Hats off to them! Great visually using drone and excellent photography.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Well, I've taken the list at the top of the thread, added in the links I posted since (like the one directly above this post) and made a PDF out of it so you can get the complete list together, and tried posting it as a "Resource" so that hopefully I can keep it up to date.

You can find it here: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-videos.759/

I put it in "Print and Electronics > Other online resources (websites, podcasts,..." since that seemed closest. If there was a better choice, I invite the moderators to move it.

David, huge thanks for this beautiful gift. Wonderful memories being stirred and precious friends remembered.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
As much as I love Spain I need to say I'm bit fed up with all sorts of videos on Camino Frances, sorry. Yet, I am still grateful for having the list, thank you!!

After several Caminos in Portugal/Spain I discovered Camminos in Italy couple of years ago and I absolutely love it. Love the country, its stunning beauty, people, hospitality, food, weather, and much less crowded paths.
So it's a bit against my egoistic will to have it all for myself but please look at these series of videos:

Dario Zardo, Con ali ai piedi.

It is in italian but not that much talking and it doesn't matter really.
It covers 22 days of cammino from Poggio Bustone to Monte Sant Agelo. 500km made by two mates this year. Fantastic, stunning, no words really.
Enjoy. I am sure a lot of my fellow pilgrims will consider this as their next destination :)

This morning I watched a new one by Efren Gonzalez (just a few days old). I'll give it a very quick synopsis of a series of day by day "making of" videos for each of his first CF stages videos (with Google Earth Pro too).

Rolf, Thank you for posting your video. Some beautiful shots along the way.

An important point! Yes, you can get lost! That is how Denise Pikka Thiem encountered her killer!

You repeatedly indicated that “you can NOT get lost”.....and show the various markers. If you watch some of the other videos, you will see other pilgrims missing a marker and then having to double back or having to ask locals for directions. I have done it myself, twice. Once the marker was a bit obscured by bushes and we simply followed two men...who turned out not to be hiking the camino...but were wearing backpacks! Luckily, an older woman came out of her house to warn us we were going in the wrong direction!
And it is also not so uncommon in the cities, with many people and traffic,
to miss a marker. Thus bringing a guidebook with maps, or an online device to determine your location, is a good idea when walking a camino, especially when one is alone and walking off-season.

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you David...
I’ve been working my way through the videos and am really delighted with many of them. Looking forward to these addition.

Hello David, it's Anthony G. from -( Anthony G: My Way – Camino de Santiago). I feel honored that you've added my video to your AMAZING list! I will do my best to watch them all. Buen camino peregrino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I like the videos of walking the Frances done by Father Roderick Vonhogen.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Time for another update to the list, to add some resources and make a minor edit.

The edit:
Moved Drew Robinson: Camino Portugues from the standalone videos section to the vlog playlist section.

Additions:
Vlogs:
Arkaeas: Camino Portugues
Cody (Runaway Renegade): Camino Frances
SBJH: Camino Frances (Korean with English subtitles)

Over 1 hour:
Paddy Page: Camino Frances August - September 2020 (St Jean Pied de Port - Santiago de Compostela / Finisterre)
Run Together Ultra: Camino de Santiago Corriendo 2020 (Spanish with English subtitles)

30-60 min:
Adrian: Camino de Santiago: a 130-mile solo winter adventure
Jean-Claude Berens: Camino Portugues 2020

Less than 30 min:
Christina Bates: Camino de Santiago – April 2019 | Camino Frances | 36 Days | 500 Miles (800KM)
Alfonso Rodrigues: Camino de Santiago - July/August 2020 | Camino Frances | 780 km | 4K

For those wanting a window into what the Camino was like this year, in the season of Covid, you can check out the videos by SBJH, Paddy Page, Run Together Ultra, Jean-Claude Berens, and Alfonso Rodrigues, although the difference comes through more clearly in some than in others.

You can find the updated complete list at: https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-videos.759/

@David Tallan -

You have provided us all a wonderful gift of your time and efforts. Thank you!

Here is another video that I think is definitely worthy of inclusion on the list.Viewing time comes in just past 30 minutes.

The young man that produced it is 'Ming-Hui Yen' when at home in Taiwan, to those of us who ran into him on Camino, he was "Marcus".

Keen intellect, warm of heart, empathetic almost to a fault, great observational skills, and an excellent storyteller. You can find the work here:

(titled '朝聖之路旅行分享 Camino De Santiago A Life Journey')

B

€149,-
Superlist!

unless overlooked

Beyond the Way series 1 Frances and 2 Portugese

Spirit and Nature with Kristin and Peter

Superlist!

unless overlooked

Beyond the Way series 1 Frances and 2 Portugese

Spirit and Nature with Kristin and Peter
Beyond the Way is there, near the top, under the name of its creator:
Kristin and Peter weren't in the original post, which I can no longer edit. But they are in the file in the resources section that I can update and they are in my follow up post of August 3 in this thread:
I notice they have created a movie out of their daily vlogs and that will be added in the next update.

As much as I love Spain I need to say I'm bit fed up with all sorts of videos on Camino Frances, sorry. Yet, I am still grateful for having the list, thank you!!

After several Caminos in Portugal/Spain I discovered Camminos in Italy couple of years ago and I absolutely love it. Love the country, its stunning beauty, people, hospitality, food, weather, and much less crowded paths.
So it's a bit against my egoistic will to have it all for myself but please look at these series of videos:

Dario Zardo, Con ali ai piedi.

It is in italian but not that much talking and it doesn't matter really.
It covers 22 days of cammino from Poggio Bustone to Monte Sant Agelo. 500km made by two mates this year. Fantastic, stunning, no words really.
Enjoy. I am sure a lot of my fellow pilgrims will consider this as their next destination :)
The link you posted doesn’t work, but here are two video series from the same maker, Dario Zardo, on Camino like walks in Italy.

Italian language videos, but without much talk, with wikiloc and elevation graphs and lots of photos if you scroll down in each blog post.

The first one is on the Via Francigena in Sicily. (his blog with a video for each stage):

This next link shows “The path retraces the steps of S. Francesco towards Monte dell'Angelo Michele in the Gargano.”

So the sothern part of the Saint Francis Way, from north of Rome through Abruzzo to the western coast of Italy. Again, terrific scenery, not much talk, but in Italian (his blog with a you tube video for each stage).

Posting these because I think information on these routes is not easy to find. Also same videos on youtube:;

Last edited:
It's been a while, and I've added some more videos to this list. As always, you can find the current version of the list in the Resources section or in the Google Doc.

New additions include:

Vlogs:
Smith, Rachelle (I'll Get There): Camino Frances
Ben's Outdoor Experience: Camino Frances, Portugues
The Fast Hiker: Norte, Portugues
Jim and De: Camino Frances
The Museum of Us: Camino Frances

Under 30 min
Bowater, Daniel: Camino de Santiago (Frances) & Finisterre June 2017

30-60 min
Edwards, Chris: Two New Yorkers Hike the Camino Frances
Sowers, David: Camino de Santiago (Xacobeo '21): Winter edition - 13 days on the French Way - 12/25/20 to 1/6/21

1 hour +
Busybird Publishing: The Sounds of the Camino de Santiago 2018
The Fast Hiker: This is My Way to Santiago de Compostela and The End of The World - a 1600 km long journey
Rock, Patrick: Camino de Santiago: The Long Walk

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you so much for including us on your list (The Museum of Us: Camino Frances). We're still avidly watching all the vlogs and documentaries that we can, being Australian and unable to travel. We dearly hope to set foot on Spanish soil again in 2023
Thanks for sharing your Camino. Hopefully, the list will provide enough vlogs and documentaries to keep you occupied for a little while. If you come across any good ones that I missed, or find any that I've linked to that have been taken down (as sometimes happens on YouTube - many that I first watched seem no longer to be available) let me know.

I have once again added to this list. As always, you can find the current version of the list in the Resources section or in the Google Doc.

This time I added to the vlog section:
Rachelle Smith (I’ll Get There): Camino Frances - which I thought I added last time but wasn't there
Marc (Marc_of_the_Trail): Camino Frances

I'm waiting until the vlog series are done before I add them to the list. There are a few more I'm following now who are still en route (at least in terms of videos posted), which I will add when they are done.

This one I recently found is a father and son from the US making short daily videos. They are on the camino right now(up to Astorga I believe) so it could be interesting for people wondering what it is like.

Crumb Snatcher Travels
Thanks! I will have to check them out.

There are a couple of others that I am following as well, although I haven't added them officially yet, since I tend to wait until people have finished posting their Caminos to do that.
BDE Travels
Trekking West
Diane's Voyages

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Some more updates to the list. This time I've added:

Vlogs:
Anne-Flo (A Little Escape): Camino Frances
Ant Hikes: Via de la Plata and Camino Frances 2019, Camino Portugues, Camino Frances
Aspen Vallee: Camino Frances
BDE Travels (Enuel and Damarys): Camino Frances (almost done!)
Let's Go Walking: Camino Frances
Lisa (TangerineHorizons): Camino Frances
TJ and Alexander Edwards (Crumb Snatcher Travels): Camino Frances

Efren Gonzalez: Camino Primitivo, Camino San Salvador

30-60 minutes:
Efren Gonzalez: Camino Primitivo, Camino San Salvador, Camino Portugues Coastal, Camino Ingles

As always, the complete list can be found in the Google Doc Camino Videos List.

Last edited:
Hopefully with everyone walking again we'll get some new vlogs. I need to feed my addiction. :)

€149,-
Some more updates to the list. This time I've added:

Vlogs:
Anne-Flo (A Little Escape): Camino Frances
Ant Hikes: Via de la Plata and Camino Frances 2019, Camino Portugues, Camino Frances
Aspen Vallee: Camino Frances
BDE Travels (Enuel and Damarys): Camino Frances (almost done!)
Let's Go Walking: Camino Frances
Lisa (TangerineHorizons): Camino Frances
TJ and Alexander Edwards (Crumb Snatcher Travels): Camino Frances

Efren Gonzalez: Camino Primitivo, Camino San Salvador

30-60 minutes:
Efren Gonzalez: Camino Primitivo, Camino San Salvador, Camino Portugues Coastal, Camino Ingles

As always, the complete list can be found in the Google Doc Camino Videos List.
Excellent, thank you. I've noticed that Efrén González has been uploading several new blogs, including a high-tech VR of the Camino Francés. Even without a VR headset, on a smartphone the 180° views of many iconic places on the Camino Francés can still be appreciated.

Great list. My gf and I had some fun checking some of these videos out.

If I may plug my own, we are passionate about helping fellow pilgrims on their way:

Most read last week in this forum

Norte 2023 was the first time I actually put some training into Camino. I walked a lot of stairs at home, a lot. First week in Spain was mountains and mud. After that it was pratically all...
Hi everyone! We're a family from Latvia, starting our 2nd Camino de Santiago. We walked the central Portugese route 1,5 years ago, and will walk the coastal route this time. The first day on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.