• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Online guidebook to the Camino by bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kat Kostrzewska

Online guide https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2006, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2018), Via Tolosana (2012) Camino Norte (2014)
https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk/ is a brand new free to use guide for cyclists updated in July 2018 with all the info about the route, alternative routes and all albergues on the Way (with prices and directions). It contains maps and elevation charts for the crucial parts of the trail. The guide is richly illustrated with photos of the Camino. Although it is written with cyclists in mind also walkers may find it useful as it covers the history of the Camino, provides all important information for those preparing for the Way, guides to the churches, cathedrals, cities, towns, and villages on the Camino Frances. Never mind the individual guide to the city of Santiago de Compostela. All on your smartphone. Buen Camino!

By the way, the author first walked the Camino, missed the Way, so cycled it numerous times... Sounds familiar?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Great resource. I'm not a cyclist, but the history and general information would be applicable to any pilgrim.

Nice website. Just to get things started I dropped in a little opinion comment on your piece about bikes on the Camino

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thank you for this resource. I am enjoying reading it. I like your style, written and attitudinal! Cycling off into the middle distance till those looking incredulously can’t see you anymore, then falling off and walking again!

Great resource. I'm not a cyclist, but the history and general information would be applicable to any pilgrim.
Thank you so much Bala! I believe that Internet is the best place to popularize the Camino, isn’t it?

Nice website. Just to get things started I dropped in a little opinion comment on your piece about bikes on the Camino

Thank you for your comment – I read it avidly. It is always good to see things from the other person’s point of view.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thank you for this resource. I am enjoying reading it. I like your style, written and attitudinal! Cycling off into the middle distance till those looking incredulously can’t see you anymore, then falling off and walking again!

Thank you, Kirkie so much. As I wrote in the introduction – there would be no glory stories about my lonely journey across Northern Spain…

Thank you, Kirkie so much. As I wrote in the introduction – there would be no glory stories about my lonely journey across Northern Spain…
You are welcome. I have forwarded the link to my niece’s husband, a keen cyclist.

If your niece's husband is a keen cyclist he will really enjoy doing the Camino Frances that for us cyclists mean cycling the Camino trail, empty former national roads, and cycle lanes. Amazing two weeks. Highly recommended.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hola @Kat, on behalf of cycling pilgrims I thank you. I knew that CSJ had a publication, but had not seen any updates. Thanks again & cheers. M

Hola @Kat, on behalf of cycling pilgrims I thank you. I knew that CSJ had a publication, but had not seen any updates. Thanks again & cheers. M
Hola Mike
Thank you, so much! I launched the web two weeks ago so it will need some time to be listed by Google, Bing etc. Originally I wanted to publish it as a book and I’m so glad that I didn’t. Because on the Internet everybody can access it and use it. And then hopefully, pack the panniers and cycle to Compostela.

I have just added to the website PDF with simplified route description. Please use it while cycling the Camino. For everything else (albergues, bars, sights, alternative routes etc.) use the website.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I am planning to do the Camino next year. I don’t have much time so I consider cycling. I am commuting to work every day on bike, but I have never done touring before. So is the Camino ok for first timer?

Hola @Pola Veroni Tourist/Travel cycling is different from your average commuting but if you are road fit then you can manage it. What I suggest you take into account is that you will have around 10kg/20 pounds in weight on the rear of your bike (less if you are a minimalist packer).. The type of bike is also important - I recommend a hybrid/mountain bike with wider tyres/tires. Route selection is your other problem(?). The Camino Frances is the best one for a first timer - but there are sections of if that are not "bike friendly". So have a look back at some other posts by pilgrim cyclists have reported during their adventures. The closing piece of advice - be prepared for the unexpected. Cheers

Hi Pola! I'm sorry but I haven't been on Forum for a long time. Camino Frances is a perfect choice - healthy mixture of tarmac roads, cycling lanes and off-roads. In the other words is made for a first timer. If you are riding every day to work you will be fine!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi Kat! I decided that I am gonna give it a try. Is hybrid ok and how shall I use the guidebook? Print out the pdf? Thanks

Hola Pola! Download and print out "CYCLISTS' GUIDE TO SANTIAGO BY BIKE" that is just e-book https://caminodesantiagobybikecouk....o-by-bike-copyright-katarzyna-kostrzewska.pdf

I would recommend having that downloaded on your phone or/and printed out. But obviously it is up to you. You don't have to print it out, you can use electronic version solely. Then pack your phone on your bar bag and voila!

PDF is a pure route description with maps, elevation profiles and info when you should cycle the Camino and when you should cycle the roads. It is a proper guidebook just in electronic version.

Albergues, photos and detailed cities and towns descriptions you will find on web in the "Cyclists' Guide" section. In the evening check the stage you will cycle the next day.

I think that I may prepare separate PDF with accommodation only...

Before you go read "Camino Essentials" (transport, what to pack etc.) and "Route" sections, "Camino de Santiago" with provide you with general info on history of the pilgrimage and "About" will give you some additional info.

I cycled the Camino last year so everything is up to date. However... https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk/about/flyover-in-meseta/

TYRES. Personally I have Schwalbe Marathon Plus, mostly because I hate bike maintenance. Last year I almost run into broken wine bottle less than a half kilometre from Saint-Jean-Pied-du-Port. So I blessed the day when I bought them.

Pros: I am not worried about punctures for 800 km

Cons: I'm not able to cycle up the hill between Castrojeriz and Itero de la Vega, that sandy hill on the way to San Juan y Ortega (nobody is able anyway😁) and I have to be very careful cycling down the hill just before Santo Domingo de la Calzada and maybe another three in Burgos area. Other than that I am fine.

If punctures don't bother you choose something like Continental Ride Tour or Contact Travel.

Pola Veroni when are you going?

Kat and Saint Mike II your advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

I may change the tyres. I will go in October. I’m a bit nervous about it, mostly about the Pyrenees. It is my first time.

June, September and October are amazing for cycling the Camino.

It is important to invest in good tyres. In my guidebook the route I describe allows a good mix of the Camino and roads – the cycle-friendly parts of the Camino and the remote and beautiful cycle-perfect roads. So think gravel/roads.

First day is a challenge. It is a mountain road, busy at times, so focus on your safety. It is only 27 km total and a bit over 14 km of climbing. Remember that you have the whole day to do them. Just start cycling around 8- 8.30 am. You will be fine.

As I wrote before don’t let pushing the bike lower your spirits – it is not like you are the first one to do it, the author of your guidebook did it before you.

Yes, when I cycled that route for the first time I pushed 👍

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you for the guide. I'm planning on home (central France) to Pamplona on the Aragonese (Somport) this year and then Pamplona to Santiago via Frances and Invierno next year. Looks as if it will be very useful.
Does anyone know if I can take a non dismantled bike on any train from Pamplona to anywhere on the French side? Otherwise I'll just ride to Bayonne and get on the train there.

Good for you Barbara! I love Somport Pass and that amazing descent from Somport to Confranc❤ Which route are you taking in France?

According to Spanish train website http://www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/info/bicicletas.html of course you can! But if you read it carefully it is Russian roulette. On the other hand traveling with bike is always Russian roulette isn't it? Been there, done this, got the t-shirt;)

By the way TGV from Paris (stops in Bordeaux, Bayonne) goes to Irun. It takes 15 min of pleasant cycle to get across the border to Hendaye.

Hi, thanks for that info. Looks like I should get to the station early and prepare to cycle if I need to.
In France i'm taking a secondary route from home (near St. Savin 86310 in the Vienne) to Saint Aulaye (South of Angoulême) Then joining either the Tours or Vezelay route (doing some research right now) before cutting across to Pau to head for Somport.
This will be my first time with an electric assist bike. I'm tired of walking up the hills.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Sounds like an amazing, way over 1500 km ride. Buen Camino!

Is going to be amazing. Actually I'm having to split it into two, hence train from Pamplona, as I can't get away for long enough at a time. First Camino I ever did was home to Santiago on bike with paniers, eighteen gears , none of which were granny enough, and road tyres. Only one puncture. 1999 I think.
Three years ago on the Norte, better bike and modified to be more of a track bike, with granny gears, on one memorable day I had FIVE punctures. Not repeated flats with the same tube, I take a couple of spares and there was a handy bike shop to buy more.
After that I invested in Kevlar reinforced tyres, a better pump, and tubes filled with sealant.
I'm now using an ebike as I got fed up with walking up hills. Schwalbe marathon tour plus tyres And an electric rechargeable pump plus a tiny CO2 pump. Those big tyres take a lot of hand pumping. Oh, and two spare tubes and sealant. Remember that with hydraulic brakes you can't turn the bike upside down, so you need three hands to replace the rear wheel. That's with a central motor. With a rear hub motor you need a workshop in your bags.

Five punctures on one day...Unbelievable. What's a story Barbara.

First time when I cycled the Camino I had standard Continental tyres, no punctures, no problems and life was beautiful until Galicia where my bicycle along with 6 or 7 others was damaged by vandals. The tyres of all the bikes were methodically punctured with a knife. Both tyres - front and rear.

When you loose don't loose the lesson. That was the first and last time when I left my bike outside the albergue for the night (obviously I'm not referring to lovely places like Puente la Reina or Ponferrada, that have outdoors bike stands in walled gardens). Speaking of which - albergue in Jaca has bike stands outside. Brilliant albergue, highly recommended, however I would personally give outdoor bike stands a miss.

When I read your post I realised that cycling e-bike is quite a challenge. Not only your bike is heavier than a standard bike by 5 kg, but you have also carry the whole workshop, battery etc with you. Additional 7kg?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Great resource - how do we download it?

Thank you hecate105. The web was made to popularize the Camino Frances by bike. I cycled the Way one more time last year so it should be up to date.

The guidebook itself is under CYCLIST’S GUIDE TO SANTIAGO BY BIKE. E-BOOK TO DOWNLOAD https://caminodesantiagobybikecouk....o-by-bike-copyright-katarzyna-kostrzewska.pdf It is just pure route description.

By the end of this week I will publish separate pdf with the updated albergue info. For now you can find all albergues (in blue) in Cyclist's Guide section ( 1)SJPdP to Roncesvalles, etc). I think that it will be more practical to have separate pdf with accommodation only. Plus walkers may download and use it as well.

If anything else please let me know. When are you planning to cycle?

Hi again
While the bike itself is heavy, 23 kg with battery and the charger, and built in racks, part of that is a sturdy frame, so not all battery and motor. It's aluminium and very stiff, despite being a step through, which I personally like. My previous bike was 13 kg with the racks, and also aluminium but not as rigid. Of course, as long as the battery isn't flat the weight doesn't matter other than for getting on trains. Central motor and quick release wheels. Disc brakes so they can stay in adjustment. I don't carry many tools, just the usual tubes and a few allen keys, chain and spoke keys and tyre levers. Two pumps, as I mentioned. The tyres are heavy as well, I changed them from the originals which were not very grippy on grass and weren't reinforced. I've done over a thousand km since I bought it in June, and depending on the terrain and how I feel I have a range of anything up to 120km. To be honest, I get sore before I run out of battery. 80 km a day is fine. I cycled the St. Martin in Poitou Charentes 240 km plus 17km each way to the station in temperatures over 40 degrees, in four and a half days, about half road and half grass or gravel, and never had less than 20% battery on arrival, and enough energy to go sightseeing. Mind, I drank at least four litres of water every day....
The bike is rated for 149 kg all up weight so no problem with carrying reasonable luggage.
It's the first bike I've had with brakes and lights that actually work. I need the use of a power point for four hours, so a carry an adapter to let other people use it at the same time. I usually have a long lunch break so could always do a partial charge at that time.

The five punctures in Spain were caused by a nasty spiny plant with seeds that always land with one spike facing up. I can't remember exactly where, but near to Gijon in the autumn. I had three of four punctures on other days, always these nasty little seeds. Going on the road helped a bit, not so many of them there.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Barbara- I have taken assembled, laden bikes on lots of French and Spanish trains - I think the trick is just to rock up ..... If I have googled it beforehand it always says bikes have to be dismantled or bagged....in practise the staff are always keen to get you on the train and on your way. I've even had them insist on stamping my credencial.... luckily on a return trip!!
Kat - I am not sure when - it is on my 'do in the next 5 yrs list'! But so is cycling the coast of France, Scotland, walking the Norte and Welsh Coast Path and paddling the Thames.......!

Thanks Hecate. I've only used the narrow gauge in Spain, easy, flat access. Next time will be Media Distancia I hope.

After everything you wrote, I will give e-bike a try one day.

Cycling in 40 degrees is a challenge. I cycled in South of France in August. First time in my life I had my lips swollen from sunburn. Since then I know that I don't look good with big lips. One day I run out of water and I just knocked at the door of the first house I saw. Woman who lived there, just looked at me and came back with a jug of water. Probably I was not the first one who knocked on her door.

80km per day sounds like a good distance for e-bike. I'm so happy that you will cycle the Camino. I wish I could do the same.

My next cycling trip is going to be France for sure so let's stay in touch! When are you going? In September or October?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I'm starting Tuesday next week. Planning between 50 and 80 km a day, then train back from Pamplona for this year. PM me if you like. Cheers
Barbara

Excellent! Have a great time and let us know how good it was when you are back. Buen Camino Barbara

Hi again. I've been cycling since Wednesday, starting at Lescar, via Lourdes, Arudy, Sarrance, and Borce. Tonight I'm in Spain at Candanchu in a deserted ski station. I might be the only person staying tonight. I think if I take an e-assist bike over the Somport pass again I'll start at Urdos. The battery died as I stopped outside the Gite, which was probably cutting it a bit fine. That's 19km compared to my usual comfortable 60 to 80. Eek!
I've had fantastic weather, and met quite a few people on both the Piémont and Arles. Great routes, and more accommodation than I was expecting.

While I'm here, can anyone suggest a place to stay in Santa Cillia that's bike friendly? Not essential for it to be a pilgrim place as long as the price is reasonable.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hi Barbara!
I don't spent a long weekend at home, so I won't be able to help you with an accommodation in Santa Cillia. I have all camino books on the shelf at home.

Jaca's albergue municipal is lovely, comfortable, spacious and not busy. Just don't leave your bike outside for the night - there is a massive hall inside. The Cathedral is a must-see.

19 km... Well, I think your bike says you to slow down:)

Tee hee. It was uphill in bottom gear all the way. I got to Arrès at lunchtime today, so that's where I'm staying. Lovely little village and albergue. Not to mention a downhill ride most of the way

I wish I was in Arres, rather than in London...I love that route. Where are you going to cycle today?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you for your website and pdf, though I'm sorry not to have found them until dozens of hours online. I'm leaving from Pamplona on Oct 7 and this is a very big help. Gracias !

Lucky you bloodblisterfoot that you start your Camino soon;) I would love to do the same. September and October are the best for cycling, so it is going to be unforgettable. Thank you and I hope that my guidebook will serve you well. If you have any additional questions now or on the way let me know.

Buen Camino!!!

Great guide. Thank you. Hubby and I are starting from Burgos on 13 October....our first Camino and my first long distance tour. Feeling a bit nervous. Are your routes available as downloadable gpx files? I can find road routes OR walking routes online, but none that include the turns where to switch from one to the other and back. Im hoping for a single gpx gile that has it all already decided for me.
Appreciate the tons of effort that you have put into this guide.

Hello Lizremedy! First things first - you do not need gpx files at all. Walkers follow yellow arrows, cyclists follow their guidebook;) - PDF with the route description only (no info on accommodation, sights, no travel writing) on the top of my web
CYCLIST’S GUIDE TO SANTIAGO BY BIKE. E-BOOK TO DOWNLOAD

PDF is a pure route description with maps, elevation profiles and info when you should cycle the Camino and when you should cycle the roads. You can download or print it out.

I know the Camino by heart so the route as I describe allows a good mix of the Camino and roads – the cycle-friendly parts of the Camino and the remote and beautiful cycle-perfect roads. I always bring the cyclist back to the important Camino moments.

It is very practical - you won't have to pull it out of his pannier every 5 minutes.

Albergues, photos and detailed cities and towns descriptions you will find on web in the "Cyclists' Guide" section. In the evening check the stage you will cycle the next day.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello Lizremedy! First things first - you do not need gpx files at all. Walkers follow yellow arrows, cyclists follow their guidebook;) - PDF with the route description only (no info on accommodation, sights, no travel writing) on the top of my web
CYCLIST’S GUIDE TO SANTIAGO BY BIKE. E-BOOK TO DOWNLOAD

PDF is a pure route description with maps, elevation profiles and info when you should cycle the Camino and when you should cycle the roads. You can download or print it out.

I know the Camino by heart so the route as I describe allows a good mix of the Camino and roads – the cycle-friendly parts of the Camino and the remote and beautiful cycle-perfect roads. I always bring the cyclist back to the important Camino moments.

It is very practical - you won't have to pull it out of his pannier every 5 minutes.

Thanks i was just hoping to have the gps as a guide since reading and cycling are mutually exclusive activities. Im sure we will figure it out....being our first camino and first cycle, we are just trying to be prepared.

I understand that you are worried, but it is going to amazing!!! It is your first time? You have to choose the best route. Well, can't think about anything better than the Camino Frances

You both start in Burgos, the most important city on the Camino - spiritually and culturally. Lovely cycle lane by the river will lead you out of the city, than a few kilometres cycling on the road and after that the most amazing 50 km of cycling on the top of plateau.

You will have 4 or 5 days of moderate cycle. When you both get to Astorga you will be strong enough to cross the mountains. Although challenging that is going to be the most beautiful day on the Camino. After that you will be strong enough to face Galicia.

JUST ONE ADVICE - Don’t release the brakes when you go down the hill even if it looks flat – it may be not and you might have trouble stopping. If you think that breaks may need a rest, stop for a moment in safe place.

Good advice about the brakes. I'm loving my new bike. First time I've had proper brakes that actually stop the bike. Just one thought when packing, take a spare set of brake pads, especially if you are riding something exotic. There are so many different types and bike shops can't stock all of them. I once ended up doing thirty km in a taxi with the bike in the back to get the derailleur fixed. Shame to have to do that for something so small. Oh, and at least one inner tube. Even if you have Kevlar tyres, some of the Spanish thorns are evil.
BTW' Kat's guide is excellent!

€60,-
Barbara how was your Camino on new bike? What would you advise those who plan the Camino on e-bike?

Kat, I had a great time, thank you. Pau, Lourdes, Oloron Ste Marie, Somport, Jaca, and joined the Frances at Puenta la Reina. I continued to Estella intending to get a train home from Pamplona or Logroño but in the end cycled to Andoain (is on the Basque Camino) on a really good route given to me by the owner of the Albergue I stayed at. First half is to Latasa via Puenta la Reina and Extauri and Irutzun ( which has two hotels) only one real climb, then mostly along the river, all on quiet roads. The real treat is the second part on a Greenway which was a mountain railway, and which is downhill ALL THE WAY for over 60 km to Andoain. It does go through several tunnels, which are lit, but not very well. One is nearly 3km. There are some fantastic views and a couple of places to eat. Andoain to Hendaye was supposed to be on the train but it broke down half way so I cycled the rest of it.
I took several diversions and extra bits, a lot easier with the assistance. I never actually ran the battery flat except Somport, although I once got a top up while eating lunch, which probably wasn't necessary.
I met a couple of Dutch cyclists using ebikes who carried a second battery each. I was fine on one but it's new. My bike has a range of at least 120 km on the flat. It's a Swiss Flyer Upstreet 4. Most days I did 60 to 80 and used about 60% to 75%.
I think you need to take a fast charger and a three way adapter so you don't monopolise the sockets where you are staying. I usually charged the battery in the room as most places don't have power in the bike garage. You will be carrying more weight than on a normal bike (battery, motor, charger and adapter/extension lead) as well as the heavier frame that an ebike usually has. Also if you have a hub motor you will need more tools if you get a puncture, so I strongly advise Kevlar reinforced tyres. You can get special tubes that are like a sausage, so you don't have to take the wheel off. I own one for another bike and suspect it will give a lumpy ride. Plus they are expensive. I took my electric pump, two spare tubes, tyre levers, a few spanners and Allen keys, CO2 pump and spare gas cartridges (they will take a big bike tyre to 2 bar) chain splitter, spoke key, oil, some gorilla tape and webbing straps (stops the bike falling over on trains etc) Lock and cable. I normally leave the panniers locked on the bike and just take out the inner drybags unless the bike has to be outside at night. I have 8kg clothes, phone, tiny gas stove and sleeping bag etc. 2 litre imitation camelbak which also holds passport, money, ereader and credential etc. About 3kg for that. I took waterproofs, no cold weather gear so add a bit for winter. Camping add some more depending on your requirements for comfort.
All this means good battery management as otherwise is hard work. The gears don't cover the same range as a normal bike. There isn't a serious granny gear on most, as you are expected to use the assist. Logical. I have ten gears, many have fewer. I averaged 15kph most days and never had to push the bike. My last bike Camino I was a lot slower. It is significantly less tiring, and quite a bit faster. On the whole I can go further and arrive fresher. It isn't a free ride, but yes, as you would expect, it is easier. Just as walking pilgrims find baggage services a help....
Oh, and no punctures. That's a first for me.
To sum up. It's entirely feasible. I didn't meet anyone who showed me any disapproval or was rude about me, at least to my face. Quite a few people had a go. I'll be doing it again, DV.

https://caminodesantiagobybike.co.uk/ is a brand new free to use guide for cyclists updated in July 2018 with all the info about the route, alternative routes and all albergues on the Way (with prices and directions). It contains maps and elevation charts for the crucial parts of the trail. The guide is richly illustrated with photos of the Camino. Although it is written with cyclists in mind also walkers may find it useful as it covers the history of the Camino, provides all important information for those preparing for the Way, guides to the churches, cathedrals, cities, towns, and villages on the Camino Frances. Never mind the individual guide to the city of Santiago de Compostela. All on your smartphone. Buen Camino!

By the way, the author first walked the Camino, missed the Way, so cycled it numerous times... Sounds familiar?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Kat. Do the two Albergues in Cizur accommodate bikes ? And if not can they be safely stored?

Hi Gilmour! There are two albergues in Cizur Menor. First one run by the Order of Malta doesn’t have designated space for bikes. It is very friendly place run by the volunteers, but rather small. The other one run by the Roncal family is very spacious. They have a lovely garden and space for bikes. You meet there all the cyclists that decided not to stay in Pamplona. Personally I love it.
By the way - Albergue de Jesus y Maria in Pamplona (by the Cathedral) is also a good place for cyclist.

Thank you for that . Can I ask if we follow your trail should we book ahead to these Albergues ? Have the time now but maybe busier in May and struggle to get sorted ? Opinion please

€83,-
I'm so sorry for a late reply Gilmour.

Everybody is different, but personally I wouldn't book anything. It will give you a freedom of staying whenever you will feel like staying on the day rather than where you booked beforehand. Both of the albergues in Cizur are opened in May, Pamplona's one is open all year long.

I haven't done the Camino in May, but I cycled in June, a month that is definitely busier. I had never any problem with accommodation. Saying that - I haven't had any problems with finding a bed on late August's afternoons... I always have a trust in my best friend St James that he will find me an place for the night. And he always does. Sometimes it is the last bed.

Have a trust in Camino de Santiago. It's a route like no other you have done before.

I’m sure, by the comments that your pdf is a wonderful resource- however I’ve never seen such an unfriendly method of getting to a resource
The Wordpress thing I’ve just attempted and not completed has put me off completely
If I had not read the comments on this site - I would have said I was heading for scam lane.
Sorry - Wordpress is just not for me

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

I have walked several caminos since 2013 and am hoping to experience the Primitivo in September. Recently I have developed a nasty intermittent pain in the ball of my feet, especially the left...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back