Search 58,412 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Fine art photography from the Camino Ways.

Casa Ivar A Conversation with Tom about his Caminos & his experience volunteering at the pilgrims office

Thank you @t2andreo for talking to me today.

Attachments

• thumbnail-400.jpg
    thumbnail-400.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 11
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Flog

Past OR future Camino
Tom, I found your video quite interesting but am a little concerned about your reference at 35:30 to a group of 'locals' in civilian clothing being trained in, to possibly displace international volunteers. Can you please explain where you got this information from?
Thank you..

Flog

Past OR future Camino
Many of your posts concerning the inner workings of the pilgrim's office are very informative and helpful, but this is pure conjecture:

None of these were local people as you claim. One lives in Ireland, one in Zaragoza, one in Valencia, the fourth one I'm not sure. What I am sure of, is that at least three of them were repeat volunteers being updated on the new QR registration system which took all of fifteen minutes, after which you yourself observed them getting straight down to the business of receiving pilgrims and writing compostelas.

That they were dressed in 'civilian-casual pilgrim clothing' shouldn't come as a big surprise as they were indeed pilgrims, at least one of them having walked for some weeks into santiago, first day back volunteers who hadn't yet been given blue t-shirts.

So the management hierarchy has changed slightly and a new broom sweeps clean as they say. Nothing sinister about it and no need for more drama and conjecture. Please stick with actual facts, it really would be more helpful.

Last edited:
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Flog

Past OR future Camino
I'm sorry if my post comes across as harsh and critical. Re-reading it, I find it so. My intention wasnt to be hurtful but I felt compelled to challenge this. I don't doubt for a moment that you mean well as your posts are well regarded and well received by many, but all the more reason to keep with facts.

Last edited:

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings