• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Coruna arriving airport 20.15 hrs how to get to Ferrol

Arriving 20.15hrs at A Coruna airport in mid-July to start Camino Ingles. Could some of the knowledgeable forum members please enlighten me on the two questions:

a) Is there a bus to A Coruna from the airport at that time of the night where I intend a spend a night in a hostel/hotel before catching the train or bus to Ferrol next day after exploring A Coruna, and

b) Is there a late train or bus from A Coruna to Ferrol.

Thank you

Joe

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi Joe,

There is a bus every 1/2 hour from the bus station in Coruna to Ferrol, last bus at 22:00. Timetable is here.

I don't think the airport bus calls at the bus station but stops on an avenue (you may have to request the stop) within a couple of 100 meters of the bus station. If your flight is on time then you should have enough time to catch the 21:30 or 22:00 bus.

The airport bus runs every 1/2 hour, up until 21:45, into the centre of Coruna should you wish to stay overnight. The bus station is a little way out from the "touristy" area of Coruna but is directly on the route of the Ingles branch from Coruna, so you could start your Camino with a brief training walk to catch your bus :wink:

According to RENFE last train is at 21:24 so that may be an option. Taxi is about EUR 20 from the airport but I think you can also jump on the airport bus and alight at the same stop as if you were going to the bus station. Map shows their proximity to one another with the airport bus stopping on the avenue running south-north between the two.

Feel free to drop me a PM if you want further info.

Buen Camino
Mig

Thanks Mig,

Thank you for your amazing detailed prompt reply, I now see the options available to catch the buses and train from the A Coruna airport to Ferrol. I am not sure how on-time the flight arrives at the airport and will take the land transport to Ferrol depending on the actual arrival time.

Thank you again .....have realised that this forum is very helpful but did not fully appreciate how detailed replies can come so quickly from experts.

Joe

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thanks MIG for your response, am taking the journey as an adventure and building as much flexibility as possible to cope with the unexpected. Not being a native English speaker looked up the definition of the slang anorak as trying to find the lightest way to cope with the expected rain, yes indeed one can get obsessed with over-planning, not forgetting Murphy's Law applies.

Aim to contribute matters of general interest to this forum to share.

Joe

Dear Mig

This is not strictly on topic I know, but I was wondering if you could help me with bus times from A Coruna to Santiago de Compostela on Saturday Sept 14th?

Thank you in anticipation

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Alan,

I'm not sure if you would be arriving on the same time flight but if so, and based on the current timetable for Sept 14th, it looks as if your only option by bus would be 22:00 leaving Coruna bus station. This should give you plenty of time to get to the bus station, but the routing of that 22:00 bus also looks as if it passes right by the airport on the N550. It doesn't stop at the airport itself but there are two stops either side at Vilaboa and Alvedro. Vilaboa is about 15-20 min walk but not sure location of the bus stop. I'm in Santiago the week after next so will check with the tourist office. Note that not all buses between the two cities use this route, some are direct.

Full timetable for 14th Sept below but it would be wise to check this again nearer your departure date on the monbus website.

Another option is the train. From that flight time only one viable option at 21:55 but as it is a TrenHotel the price looks to be double that of other services during the day :( . Again worth checking the RENFE website nearer the time in case schedules have changed.

And if you are really eager, the Camino Ingles passes by the airport. 2-3 days to Santiago but there's no schedule :wink:

Good luck with your planning and feel free to drop me a PM if you need any more help.

Buen Camino
Mig

Attachments

• CorunaSDC.jpg
    CorunaSDC.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 519
  • CorunaSDC_Tren.JPG
    CorunaSDC_Tren.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 516
  • CorunaApproachLights.jpg
    CorunaApproachLights.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 517
JALAN JAUH said:
......Not being a native English speaker looked up the definition of the slang anorak as trying to find the lightest way to cope with the expected rain, yes indeed one can get obsessed with over-planning, not forgetting Murphy's Law applies.

Aim to contribute matters of general interest to this forum to share.

Joe
Hi Joe,
:lol: I wasn't sure if the term "Anorak" was just a British thing so included the link to the slang definition just in case.

I'm a meticulous planner but that is part of my Camino. Others don't plan at all. Who's right? Who cares? As long as we partake and hopefully enjoy.

I look forward to reading your contributions/reflections as your plans and Camino develop.

Saludos
Mig

And we should also spread the word to people flying into A Coruna on the evening Vueling flight which lands at around 8.15 and who wish to travel to Santiago. Train times have changed and there is now a train to Santiago at 9.08pm so if speed is important get a taxi to the train station.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
That 21:08 train is not listed as running after the 22nd Aug but the timetable seems to be cut dramatically at that point. It may just be that they haven't published proper schedules.

Worth checking nearer the time Alan as this 21:08 train is ideal for the arriving flight and the journey by train is less than 40 minutes.

You could have an Estrella Galicia in your hand by 22:00!

Hi Mig

Thank you so much for the wealth of info you supplied. I did not give you all the details of my arrival - it is actually at 20.15 on 12th Sept, and will stay that night in La Coruna. I will have been on the road [so to speak] for 44 hours by that time, including 15 hours hanging around airports, so will call it a day, and head for Compostela on the 13th. Hopefully I will be awake early enough to catch the 8.00 bus.

Thanks again. Estrella Galicia here I come!

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back