• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Coruna to Betanzos

daesdaemar

Camino-holic
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Ingles - twice
Does anyone know a route/directions to walk from A Coruna to Betanzos and then pick up the remaining route to Santiago?

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I did work out a route on the map, as it's long something I've wanted to do. Not so far got round to actually walking it tho. Via the hamlet of Roncesvalles (also spelt Roncesvales), as it would appeal to my sense of humour to march into the Pilgrim Office and tell them I've come from Corunna via Roncesvalles.

daesdaemar said:
Does anyone know a route/directions to walk from A Coruna to Betanzos and then pick up the remaining route to Santiago?
We had thought of going from Betanzos (Abegondo) to Cos, then through San Marcos and west through Beade and Erminde to cut the Coruna arm below Carral at La Calle, keeping south of the river. If you look on Google maps you might be able to see where I mean and reverse it OK.
Hope this helps
Tia Valeria

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Tia Valeria said:
daesdaemar said:
We had thought of going from Betanzos (Abegondo) to Cos, then through San Marcos and west through Beade and Erminde to cut the Coruna arm below Carral at La Calle, keeping south of the river. If you look on Google maps you might be able to see where I mean and reverse it OK.
Hope this helps
Tia Valeria

Google maps actually shows a 25 km walking route, but it is all on what appear to be major roads. I wondered if anyone knew of a described route along minor roads or off-road?

daesdaemar said:
Google maps actually shows a 25 km walking route, but it is all on what appear to be major roads. I wondered if anyone knew of a described route along minor roads or off-road?
Google's walking routes are really only useful in cities, not in the countryside.

Use the IGN maps
AFAIK there is no described route; depends on what (if anything) you want to see en route.

We didn't use the 'walking routes' but looked at the map itself to check with our Mapa Militar which we were lent. The places named are mostly on minor roads. Google wouldn't be a choice of map/guide but does give an idea of the route. We also found it needs to be overlaid with the satellite view as the road maps are not accurate. We didn't know about the source Peter mentions.
One other problem we find is that place names can change according to the publication/source used.
Be interesting to hear what you do.
Tia Valeria

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back