• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Coruna

Caligal

Time of past OR future Camino
CF April 4- May 12, 2018
CF Sept 10-27 2019
CP Sept 28- Oct12 2019
C Finisterre Oct 16-Oct 20
I am starting my Camino Sept. 14 in Pamplona, I have 7 weeks and planning Frances to Ponferrada then train to Porto, the CP to Santiago, then the SdC- Finisterre - Muxia citrcuit! Last night my son asked me about the”Tower of Hercules” and if I will see the oldest lighthouse in the world!! Well I didnt know anything about it or it’s location so google to the rescue!! Now I realize it would/ could be doable! I’m thinking talking train or bus, would I be able to get there spend a night then get back to Santiago the next day? And if i could when would i do that? In between the CP and F-M- SdC or at the end before i head home? Your opinion matters, I’ve gotten so much good advice on the Forum. Thanks Dee

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I am starting my Camino Sept. 14 in Pamplona, I have 7 weeks and planning Frances to Ponferrada then train to Porto, the CP to Santiago, then the SdC- Finisterre - Muxia citrcuit! Last night my son asked me about the”Tower of Hercules” and if I will see the oldest lighthouse in the world!! Well I didnt know anything about it or it’s location so google to the rescue!! Now I realize it would/ could be doable! I’m thinking talking train or bus, would I be able to get there spend a night then get back to Santiago the next day? And if i could when would i do that? In between the CP and F-M- SdC or at the end before i head home? Your opinion matters, I’ve gotten so much good advice on the Forum. Thanks Dee

From Santiago you have trains pretty much every 30 - 45 mins, which take just about 30 mins to A Coruña. It is a pretty city and, in my opinion, it might be worth spending a little bit more than just an evening. Regarding when, I wouldn’t know what to say. Enjoy it all!

I love A Coruña, and spent three nights there after my second Camino. There is a fantastic walkway, the paseo marítimo along the coast around the city, and many interesting sights along it including the Tower of Hercules, beautiful beaches, a sculpture garden, a spherical glass funicular that goes down the hill from a lovely park, and more. In the central old Town area there are great tapas bars. As @frontiers said, it's only half hour by train from Santiago.

Check out pictures on Google

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
This is another marvellous Spanish city. Try to spend a few days there. John Lennon sits in the park just near the Tourist Bureau, and there are some great Art Galleries and Museums including the house where Pablo Picasso spent some of his growing up years. It's where the Spanish Armada sailed from. It's also where the now-worldwide Zara boutique chain started.

De Colores

Bogong

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Agreeing with all of the above. And if you only have a day, it's still easily do-able by train back and forth from SdC. Better yet, take the train there, enjoy the city for as long as you want, and then walk the Ingles back to SdC!

Attachments

• A Coruña Marina 7-18.JPG
    A Coruña Marina 7-18.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 4
Agreeing with all of the above. And if you only have a day, it's still easily do-able by train back and forth from SdC. Better yet, take the train there, enjoy the city for as long as you want, and then walk the Ingles back to SdC!
Hmmmm! That could work! How many days from A Coruna to SdC?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.