• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Cure for a Distracted Mind? – Spanish Music Selection No 16

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CFx2, CPx1
I keep getting interrupted as I fluff about ensnared in that myriad of mundane but necessary chores that take too large a slice of time out of my day. Interrupted by the music that is.
I’ll be attempting some menial task, when, what will issue forth from my little Bluetooth speaker is something like the starting tremolo from “Memories of the Alhambra” or the second movement of Rodrigo's “Concerto de Aranjuez”.
It’s then that I immediately cease what I am doing and go sit somewhere where I can concentrate on the music. Then I’ve gotta go online because I can’t remember who the performer is, or maybe even the composer, or where and when it was played.
Hopeless I am. Because when I get distracted like this I never get any work done around the house.

So…...I said to myself,
“What you need to find cobber, is a recording of Spanish guitar that displays the gentle but lesser known guitar music of Spain played by a less well known guitarist. Something that will tinkle gently away in the background and not disturb your conscious being as you move thru the day.”

A friend recommended an album by Luigi Attademo.
Although I’d never heard of him the Album title did sound appropriate.
“A Spanish Portrait”.
I plugged Luigi in and proceeded about my chores.
Blimey. Luigi and his album have now a place amongst my favourites.

The fact that there does not appear to have been any improvement in the performance of my household duties would suggest that laziness, rather than being distracted, is at the root of my problem.
And today is the day to formulate New Year's Resolutions.
Bugger!

And a Happy New Year to you cobber!
Gerard

00:00:00 Fantasía sobre el paño o sea punto de la Habana
00:05:23 El delirio
00:09:46 Adelita in E Minor
00:11:11 Sueño
00:12:47 Mazurka en sol
00:15:13 Marieta
00:17:13 Danza española No. 5 “Andaluza”
00:22:06 Preludio No. 5 in E Major
00:23:43 Preludio No. 2 in A Minor
00:25:46 Preludio No. 1 in D Minor
00:27:10 Endecha y oremus
00:28:11 Leyenda
00:36:02 12 Piezas características, Op. 92: XII. Torre bermeja, serenata
00:40:49 Cançó del lladre
00:42:20 El testament d’Amelia in D Minor
00:44:06 Lo fill del rei
00:45:47 Plany
00:47:45 Variaciones sobre un tema de Sor

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!

Most read last week in this forum

One of my favorite websites for both food and cultural information around the world is Cultural Backstreets. As your Portuguese Camino may have you starting in or going through Porto, I though you...
Wonderful story! https://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia/santiago/santiago/2024/04/23/espiritu-barraca-garcia-lorca-llega-camino/00031713905544318401215.htm Filmmaker and pianist and their...
Anne Chépeau of Radio France in an article published 24/04/2024, describes a special exhibition of paintings and choir carpet of Notre-Dame cathedral restored after the 2019 fire and presently...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back