• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A day trip to Finisterre and Muxia

dfox

Time of past OR future Camino
The following thread dated around 7/2017. It provided much good information, but would like to know

Our group has only 1 day for Finisterre and Muxia. We envy the folks who can sit on a rock by the Atlantic Ocean, listen to sound of waves, immerse into the "nature", mediate ...

#1 - Which day-trip operator(s) you would recommend? Discovery Galicia?
#2 - A fellow member in the above thread saying that he/she had hired a taxi (100 euros) and the taxi driver provided excellent information about the two places as well as to stop at places of interests which a coach could not do. My question is where to locate this type of service?

Many thanks,

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
For #2 ask the tourist bureau in Santiago if they know of anyone offering private tours for x number of people. Then bring up cabs with knowledgeable drivers after they answer. I'm thinking that asking in this way may get you a bigger list than asking for the same thing in one question.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Our group has only 1 day for Finisterre and Muxia. We envy the folks who can sit on a rock by the Atlantic Ocean, listen to sound of waves, immerse into the "nature", mediate ...

Well, even with only one day, you can do some of that too. And you may be surprised to find when you arrive in Santiago that you don’t really feel like changing into tourist mode quite yet. For a group, I would think that renting a car would be easiest and give you the most flexibility. If you know that one of the two places is definitely highest on your list, I would go to that one first, and then see if you even feel like moving on to the other. There is a parking lot way out by the church on the rocks in Muxia, and you would get there in about 90 minutes from Santiago. Plenty of time to “sit on a rock by the Atlantic Ocean.” Muxia itself doesn’t have much, but there are nice restaurants on the water, and if you are seafood lovers, I remember a huge delicious but expensive seafood plate shared by four of us once. After lunch (I would eat in Muxia rather than Finisterre, you are more likely to find a non-tourist-trap meal), drive to Finisterre, and head up to the lighthouse. Again there is ample parking. Walking around the port down in town is nice, but as others have said, the town is very touristy.

I personally would not want to take a group bus tour, mainly because the things that you most want to see don’t need any explanation and are enjoyed far more on your own and without a group.

Buen camino, Laurie

We went to the bus station in Santiago & purchased a round trip ticket to Finisterre. The bus (lovely double decker with wifi) took something like a couple of hours each way. It was plenty of time to walk the beach (I found tons of sea glass), visit the fishing museum, enjoy a lovely lunch, stroll around a bit, have a coffee, and return to Santiago by 7ish. I don't recall the cost exactly, but the ticket wasn't expensive at all.

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back