Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

For Sale/Wanted A family house/donativo albergue for sale on the Via de la Plata

Past OR future Camino
Frances, Norte, Via de la Plata
Hello!

We are "Casa Camino", in Riego del Camino, on the Via de la Plata. We would like to announce that our lovely home is on sale.

Our family house is located in Riego del Camino, Via de la Plata (close to Camino Sanabres - a lot of people do the stage Riego del Camino - Tabara).

The house has already operated as a pilgrim accommodation. We have organic garden with medicinal herbs and plants growing all year - some season extensions/fleece needed, but we have been eating from the garden all year long. We have a well, an additional space for chickens, tool shed, external room and a bathroom, a parking space on the plot. All wooden beams and the roof beams were recently cleaned /restored and treated with mineral oil. All the interior of the house has recently been repainted as well. The house faces south and has sun exposure all year round. The ground floor has a kitchen and living room (open space), a large corridor, a bedroom and a dressing room. The first floor offers accommodation for up to 8 people, with a double bedroom and another bedroom for 4 pax, plus another additional large living room and a bathroom with a shower cabin. The house has a terrace with open views (great sunsets!), and both rooms upstairs have windows and access to the terrace. The house is furnished and ready to move in. The kitchen is fully furnished as well, it has a gas cooker, fridge and all basic utensils (plates, pots, silverware, etc). We have bed sheets, blankets and towels as well. Price 46.000 euros. We are selling because we would like to buy a house with more land and start a larger permaculture project.

Thank you very much for your attention, all the best and Buen Camino!

Attachments

• 1. Entrance and space for the car.jpg
    1. Entrance and space for the car.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 3. Back garden.JPG
    3. Back garden.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 195
  • 4.Dining space.jpg
    4.Dining space.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 5. Detail of the living room downstairs.jpg
    5. Detail of the living room downstairs.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 6. Living room and office space.jpg
    6. Living room and office space.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 153
  • 7. View of the open space - dining area and kitchen.jpg
    7. View of the open space - dining area and kitchen.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 8. Kitchen - detail.jpg
    8. Kitchen - detail.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 152
  • 11. Detail of the living room upstairs.jpg
    11. Detail of the living room upstairs.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 146
  • 12. Living room upstairs.jpg
    12. Living room upstairs.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 15. Dormitory - 4 pax.jpg
    15. Dormitory - 4 pax.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 197
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Hope your home sells soon. I checked on Gronze.com and it shows it is closed now. I should be walking through Riego del Camino sometime in Mid- November. Will you be open then if you have not sold your albergue? If so I will make every effort to stop and share an evening with you. The reviews of your home are wonderful. Good luck.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
I was the last pilgrim to stay there in 2017, with the three women who had renovated the house and offered pilgrim accommodation and retreat time to passing pilgrims. I hope that it will be open again when I pass through this fall. Best luck in finding a buyer interested in continuing its service as an albergue.

Past OR future Camino
Frances x5, Portuguese VdlP12, Sanabres, Aragones, Norte,Salvador,Primitivo, VdlP 17,Madrid18Norte
I was invited in for a cup of tea by the girls when on my way to Granja in 2017. They showed me around and said they were sad as it was being sold soon . They had it so warm and welcoming . Hope someone can recreate that ambience. Wish I was better at finding my photos and putting them on here.

Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Past OR future Camino
Hope your home sells soon. I checked on Gronze.com and it shows it is closed now. I should be walking through Riego del Camino sometime in Mid- November. Will you be open then if you have not sold your albergue? If so I will make every effort to stop and share an evening with you. The reviews of your home are wonderful. Good luck.
Good afternoon! We are waititng to see how is it going to be with the Vaccination passports and all these things, hopefully we will know more in July. If we don´t sell till later in the year, we will probably try to be opened, in order to offer a service for the people that are on the Camino. We will be very glad to share an evening with you, of course! Fingers crossed! Buen Camino, and all the best!

Past OR future Camino
I was the last pilgrim to stay there in 2017, with the three women who had renovated the house and offered pilgrim accommodation and retreat time to passing pilgrims. I hope that it will be open again when I pass through this fall. Best luck in finding a buyer interested in continuing its service as an albergue.
Good afternoon! Yes, I heard about you from Bea, the Italian girl that was one of your three hosts. It is a wonderful place indeed and we hope that the situation with the Vaccination passports and other regulations can become clearer, so that it can allow people to travel. We hope to be able to welcome you there this fall. I wish you all the best, Buen Camino!

Past OR future Camino
I was invited in for a cup of tea by the girls when on my way to Granja in 2017. They showed me around and said they were sad as it was being sold soon . They had it so warm and welcoming . Hope someone can recreate that ambience. Wish I was better at finding my photos and putting them on here.
Good afternoon! Yes, the house is beautiful and we have done further improvements in it. Before buying the property we actulaly spoke to Bea, one of your three hosts, and she was wonderful, we were very pleased to have met her! We are selling because we would like to find a house with more land, so tha we can start a larger permaculture project. Thank you for the comentary, I wish you all the best, Buen Camino!

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads