• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Few Hours in Santiago

Sue M

Time of past OR future Camino
SJPdP-Burgos(2012)Leon-Santiago(2013)Sarria- Santiago(Sept 2013),Frances (coach,2013),Le Puy-Conques(May 2014), parish pilgrimage organised for June 2015.
I have spent time in Santiago 4 times after walking parts of the Camino, and enjoyed wandering about exploring. This year I will be there for a few hours on Sunday April 30th. What should I do? And what time is the main Sunday Mass?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi follow the link for details of mass (misa in spanish) http://www.catedraldesantiago.es/en/masses

As well as wondering around the maze of old streets in the Old Town I would go for a walk to the Museum of the Galician People see http://www.museodopobo.gal/web/index.php?acepta=1&lang=en ,then opposite it Centre of Contemporary Galician Art

Then go for a stroll in the park behind these museums, Bonoval Park which is such a special and peaceful place.

On your way back to the Cathedral you will also be on the camino itself (the French Way) with the pilgrims...

This year I will be there for a few hours on Sunday April 30th. What should I do? And what time is the main Sunday Mass?

Sue - Come and have a celebratory drink with me! It will be my 60th birthday, come and join the party (3 of my young adult children will be around, one will have walked from Sarria with me).

I can't advise on the time of the Sunday Mass (though I'm planning to attend).

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Sue - Come and have a celebratory drink with me! It will be my 60th birthday, come and join the party (3 of my young adult children will be around, one will have walked from Sarria with me).

I love how this forum -- and the Camino -- offer up wonderful new possibilities that we never would have dreamed of!

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

I can't advise on the time of the Sunday Mass (though I'm planning to attend).
What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday! I've walked 450 miles of the Camino in bits. I'm now 71 and joining a group walking part of the Portuguese route. We'll be driven into Santiago and dropped for a few hours, but staying in a hotel in Pontevedra. Don't know how long I'll have in Santiago but hope to be at the Pilgrim Mass which I think is at noon.

go for a stroll........ Maybe you might not feel like a stroll since you have just being strolling for 800km. Sit outside in a cafe.... And relax ........watch the newly arriving pilgrims and soak up the atmosphere

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Go to the Parque de Alemeda. On entering turn right onto the Paseo de Ferradura.
Then find the best place to take your souvenir photos of the spires of the cathedral.

Hands down, take a tour of the cathedral's roofs if you haven't already. The second is hit and miss: pop your head in the USC's exhibit hall and see what might be on display.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back