Search 59,165 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

A few questions from a newbie :)

Solvej Nielsen

Past OR future Camino
1st of May (2015)
Hi everyone!
I'm starting on sunday the 3rd from León and have 3 weeks for SDC so I have plenty of time.
My concern is about my jacket - I'm planning to walk in a down jacket, is that a bad choice?
And does anyone have a link to a good website with excises for joints mainly hip?
Finally will it be easy for me to buy a credential when I arrive in León?

Thank you in advance and sorry about my English ;)

Solvej

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
The most selling Camino Guide is shipping November 1st. Get your today and start planning.

Waka

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Some but not all, and other routes too.
Hi everyone!
I'm starting on sunday the 3rd from León and have 3 weeks for SDC so I have plenty of time.
My concern is about my jacket - I'm planning to walk in a down jacket, is that a bad choice?
And does anyone have a link to a good website with excises for joints mainly hip?
Finally will it be easy for me to buy a credential when I arrive in León?

Thank you in advance and sorry about my English ;)

Solvej

Can't help ,with the questions, but your English is perfect.

Buen Camino

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Inglés 2009+2017, Francés 2012+2018, Astorga-Santiago repeatedly
Hei, Solvej! To be honest I think a down jacket will get very warm very quickly. If it is one of the modern superlight ones it might be better for evening wear. Remember down can get damaged if it gets damp or wet, so if you get hot and sweaty from walking or it suddenly starts raining you will have to get it off straight away. I would rather walk in a fleece or softshell jacket, or even a pertex windproof jacket, that can handle the weather and still keep you warm. If you have a rain jacket as well to layer it with, or a poncho, you should be plenty warm enough. God tur!

Jan_D

Past OR future Camino
Hi Solvej! You should be able to get a pilgrim's passport from the nuns at Albergue de las Benedictinas (Sta María de Carvajal), Plaza Santa María del Camino - I'm not completely sure of their hours, but from what I gather they're closed from 8am-11am for cleaning, and you have to be in by 9:30pm.

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Pilgrim Pouch carry bags with different designs
A lightweight carry bag handy for walking, biking, traveling, & Caminos

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 102 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances