• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A few words from me earlier today in Santiago

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thank you so much Ivar for continuing to provide weekly updates on the COVID situation in Santiago. You sound quite low tonight about the situation in Santiago and Ourense and I wish you every blessing.

I'm a Camino first-timer and currently in Pamplona walking the Camino Frances.
So I offer this idea with humility for pilgrims tracking the COVID situation....

I notice that I can figure out which municipio I'm walking through (or will walk through soon) by referring to the map at the bottom of the AMC webpage;

Then, to get the latest information for a particular municipio I can search the RTVE map at;

...the link changes each day but you can see the date in the page URL.

I hope this is a source of reassurance for pilgrims currently walking the Camino Frances.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thank you for your update as always Ivar. I hope all the love we pilgrims hold for Santiago and prayers are some comfort as the cases continue to escalate . Your courage and pragmatic attitude are a great example of the leadership needed in these times. Kudos to you, stay safe,
Catherine and Tim.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
You can not reason or argue with a virus, especially one so virile. Nor can you turn a blind eye or ignore its presence. It will go wherever it wants and in any chink or gap that we leave in our armour, so to speak.

It is impossibly difficult to control something you can’t see. And for me impossibly difficult to comprehend how something so small can do such great harm and cause this level of suffering.

I guess it’s this inability to see it, to comprehend its virility and to accept its destructive nature that causes some of us to ‘carry on regardless.’ Until the reality sets in, that is, many casualties later.

Best hope and pray for a cure or a vaccine very soon.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you Ivar. Things aren’t much better here in the UK and neither in my home country (France). Very tough and very worrying. My children worry about me and my husband (cos we’re old!) but... we worry about them (Cos they’re young!!!).
My friends in Spain are equally hit by all this. We are all suffering...
Keep safe, much love and all the best. 💕

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Gracias, Ivar... Stay safe. Seattle is experiencing another wave of COVID, but it is all at the Univ of Washington (mostly in the frat and sorority houses). University students are having a difficult time with the idea of social distancing and safe behaviors (and to be honest, I would probably have been like them 48 years ago when I started university). It will take a while to calm down, so we are awaiting a vaccine to be approved and distributed. Meanwhile, I keep watching old Camino videos and movies and preparing for my next trip, whenever that may be.
Cheers and good health to all.

Thanks for the update, Ivar. May we pass through this pandemic as safely as possible. I really appreciate the video so I can get a better understanding of what's going on over there.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Thank you for the update, Ivar. My heart goes out to you and to Spain. Hugs.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

We have arrived in San Sebastián today to start our small journey on the Camino Norte and we are just so excited. We managed to get sometime with Aussie friends of ours that we met on the Camino...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back