Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A friendly face in Rodeiro

peregrina2000

Staff member
The three or four people I know who have walked the Invierno have all met the same very friendly and helpful man I met in Rodeiro, but none of us know his name. So if you're in Rodeiro, and especially if it's a lonely afternoon/evening, you should see about meeting one of the leaders of the arrow-painting between Rodeiro and Lalin. He LOVES to meet peregrinos, is amazingly proud of the Invierno, and has a lot of camino walking experience himself.

Here are some details: In Rodeiro, there is a meson Guerra, which also has a pension connected to it around back. Ask inside the meson/bar for details about rooms (I stayed there and it was WARM, with heat you can control in the room, clean, and comfortable, about 20-25 for a single). The family that runs this operation is very good friends with the man I am speaking about. When I was eating dinner alone in the bar that night, they called him, and he came over to talk. He would have walked with me to Lalin the next day, but he had a morning appointment there. But as I was walking through Lalin, I heard someone calling out my name, and it was him. He had positioned himself in a bar on the Camino, and was waiting to treat me to breakfast there. He is the father-in-law of the mayor of Lalin (maybe the father, but I think father-in-law) and that's an easy way to identify him.

Anyway, I know he accompanied a recent pair of Invierno walkers on this stage, and they had a very nice time with him. So, if you go, try to meet him, and if you do meet him, would you tell me his name? Many thanks! Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.