• PLEASE NOTE: Please think twice before you travel to Spain now. More here.

Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Resource icon

A Furnace Full of God: A Holy Year on the Camino de Santiago

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendent that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Shakey

Year of past OR future Camino
Frances-'15, '16, '17, '19
Porto-SdC-'15, '17
Le Puy-'16
Rota V-'19
Plata-'19
Francigena (Lucca)-'19
Just finished this wonderful book. Thank you Rebekah! My husband and I stayed at The Stone Boat last summer and our time spent talking with Kim was a highlight. This made your book really come alive after having met her. Thank you for sharing your amazing journey! :)

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
I'm a bit late to the party here but I just bought and read the book this week and found it to be a wonderful insight into life in rural Spain. It also offers a different and valuable perspective about the camino. 'Rebekah doesn't mince words,' as someone wrote upthread, is a great description of the writing style! Congratulations on the publication and success of the book!

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I have purchased and read Rebekah's book in August. It was interesting to get a glimpse into her life as an albergue owner in such a small village on the Camino Frances and I enjoyed all the unique stories she shared.
I have passed her book on to a forum member from my area whom I meet up with yearly for a hike.

(2009): Camino Frances
(2011): Sevilla-Salamanca, VdlP
(2012): Salamanca-SdC, VdlP
(2014): SJpdP-Astorga
(2015): Astorga-SdC
(2016) May Pamplona-Moratinos; Sept.:Burgos-SdC
(2016): August/Sept: Camino San Olav (Burgos-Covarubbias), Burgos-Sarria
(2017): May: Portuguese; Sept: Pamplona-SdC
I have the paperback version in my small cottage. I prefer to read it in complete silence by my fireplace there. @Rebekah Scott writes fantasticly well. I look very much forward to reading it by myself, in peace (alone). If you wonder where this is, it's Arctic Norway, the Land of the Northern Lights; Turn up sound...

IMG_1392.JPG

Last edited:
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Awesome video and peaceful music, Alex! Your cottage is adorable...can you get to it in the winter?
I live in northern Illinois and 16 years ago when we moved outside the city we were out on our deck one night viewing the stars and we saw the Northern Lights for about fifteen minutes. It was incredible and hard to believe in our area...we've never seen them since.

Awesome video and peaceful music, Alex! Your cottage is adorable...can you get to it in the winter?
I live in northern Illinois and 16 years ago when we moved outside the city we were out on our deck one night viewing the stars and we saw the Northern Lights for about fifteen minutes. It was incredible and hard to believe in our area...we've never seen them since.
Thank you so much! We see Northern lights frequently here in the Arctic. I can tell you; although I have seen the Northern Lights all my life, they never cease to amaze me. My cottage is only 27 m2, and 80 years old, but works like a charm: Wood fireplace, Toilet gas incinerator (solar powered, maintenance free), gas fridge, gas stove. I chop my own wood from my own forest. All is perfect. A bit tough for winter, but doable. Only 20 mins. by car away.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Thank you so much! We see Northern lights frequently here in the Arctic. I can tell you; although I have seen the Northern Lights all my life, they never cease to amaze me. My cottage is only 27 m2, and 80 years old, but works like a charm: Wood fireplace, Toilet gas incinerator, gas fridge, gas stove. I chop my own wood from my own forest. All is perfect. A bit tough for winter, but doable. Only 20 mins. by car away.
Thanks for sharing about your cottage. It sounds like a great getaway spot and like a daydream many of us have had...a reality for you.

Thanks for sharing about your cottage. It sounds like a great getaway spot and like a daydream many of us have had...a reality for you.
I have berries and wood in my forrests, and salmon/trout in my river. I can fire up the fireplace and read a good book without TV or any other noise...

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
I have berries and wood in my forrests, and salom/trout in my river. I can fire up the fireplace and read a good book without TV...
It sounds like a little bit of heaven on earth for those of us who enjoy nature, foraging, and a dose of quiet contemplation here and there.

Camino Masks
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
I have the paperback version in my small cottage. I prefer to read it in complete silence by my fireplace there. @Rebekah Scott writes fantasticly well. I look very much forward to reading it by myself, in peace (alone). If you wonder where this is, it's Arctic Norway, the Land of the Northern Lights; Turn up sound...

View attachment 88646
Thank you for sharing such a glorious location in which to read Rebekah’s book. It is pushing me to take it out from the shelves and read it again...

Thank you for sharing such a glorious location in which to read Rebekah’s book. It is pushing me to take it out from the shelves and read it again...
I bought the book some months ago and started reading it, but I put it away, because I want to go to my cottage and read it all in one go, with a glass or two of red. :) in total peace. When spring comes. The book is residing there in total solitude until I start next season. I am looking very much forward to that.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and staying over at @Rebekah Scott 's place 2 times. She really is running a gem on the Camino. Peaceful and welcoming.

Rebekah Scott

Camino Busybody
Many, various, and continuing.
I bought the book some months ago and started reading it, but I put it away, because I want to go to my cottage and read it all in one go, with a glass or two of red. :) in total peace. When spring comes. The book is residing there in total solitude until I start next season. I am looking very much forward to that.

I have had the pleasure of meeting and staying over at @Rebekah Scott 's place 2 times. She really is running a gem on the Camino. Peaceful and welcoming.
I love imagining the little bit of me hanging out in that place that is so very far away.
We have the silence in common. It is exiquisitely quiet in Moratinos on a weeknight in December!

I love imagining the little bit of me hanging out in that place that is so very far away.
We have the silence in common. It is exiquisitely quiet in Moratinos on a weeknight in December!
You will be the eye/spirit on the wall here, for sure. In my thoughts while reading.

Last edited:
Camino Masks
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 57 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 206 15.2%
  • May