• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A good app for Via Podiensis?

janineb

Time of past OR future Camino
Sept 2022
Anyone have a recommendation for a good app to use while walking the Via Podiensis? I’m starting in Le Puy and walking for 2 weeks. Would love to find an app with a good map and lodging/food options highlighted. Thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I much prefer to use generic tools rather than an app, but I think Wise Pilgrim has an app for the Via Podiensis. I did use the Wise Pilgrim app to complement the other tools that I was using doing the CP this year, and it it worked quite well for what I wanted.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Anyone have a recommendation for a good app to use while walking the Via Podiensis? I’m starting in Le Puy and walking for 2 weeks. Would love to find an app with a good map and lodging/food options highlighted. Thanks!
Not an app but I think one comes with it? The Miam Miam Dodo guide book is amazing for all that you need.

I booked all our lodging through Gronze and was very pleased. Everything is so well marked that unless one plans to do off trail hiking I’m not sure that a map would be needed.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I booked all our lodging through Gronze and was very pleased. Everything is so well marked that unless one plans to do off trail hiking I’m not sure that a map would be needed.
I have yet to walk a camino where there hasn't been some unplanned deviation from the marked path. Having a reasonable map on a handheld GPS or smartphone has given me the option of finding an alternative to go forward to wherever I am headed that day. This is often, but not always, far better than retracing one's steps to find that turn marker one inadvertently missed.

We used Wise Pilgrim on the CP and loved it. Walking from Le Puy in Sept 2022 and have downloaded it for the Podiensis.

Miam Miam Dodo is great but if you do the variant to the Cele you will need to buy a second guide book.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi fellow pilgrims. We will be walking the Via Podiensis from Le Puy-en-Velay in Sep/Oct this year and are in the process of planning our route and stages. We see there are three route variants...
Hi all, I just bought my ticket for my next Camino this summer (yay!). I wanted to walk in France—I loved the Norte and primitivo last year, and I thought it would be cool to explore another...
Hello pilgrims, Where can we stay in Lagos or Les Faux? Tia Best, Ingelin

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back