• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A good but not luxurious restaurant in Sevilla ?

Tahitidom

Time of past OR future Camino
past: caminos frances 2012. :camino portugues in may 2013; Camino primitivo in june 2013
Hi
I'm looking for a nice restaurant to spend a pleasant evening in Sevilla center town.
Has any one some interesting informations? I'm not looking for a luxurious one.
Thanks
have a nice camino
Dominique

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good and not luxurious? I had a good, simple meal at Giralda on the Calle Mateos Gago right near the Cathedral my first night in Seville. And there are several other good restaurants in the area.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
If I travel to Spain , my last plan is eating junk food !! I just want to apreciate local food and local wine; not else !

Well, this one is in Triana, but it is very good :

Sol Y Sombra
Calle de Castilla , 151 , 41010 (Triana)
http://www.tabernasolysombra.com/
Price: €28-38 per person (set menu for 4 people); €6-9 tapas (can be shared by 2)

It can be expensive or not, depending on what you order.

"Sol Y Sombra Restaurant in Triana is such a big hit that they now have three restaurants on the same street. The first location was opened in 1961. All three restaurants have the same bullfighting scene theme, with walls filled with age old bullfighting posters and ceilings covered with hanging jamones. The ambiance is relaxed and has that authentic Andalusian tapas bar feel. The three restaurants are almost always jam packed with locals so make sure to call ahead for reservations.
The menu is quite extensive, with many sumptuous meat and seafood offerings. Make sure to try the gambas al ajillo, melt in your mouth bull cola, and solomillo al ajo (garlic flavoured slow cooked pork).
Sol Y Sombra is open daily from 1-4 pm for lunch and 8 pm until midnight for dinner."

TApas in Casablanca near the cathedral are FABULOUS. In Triana, Ruperto offers the best quail in the world.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Big mistake:
If I travel to Spain , my last plan is NOT eating junk food !! I just want to apreciate local food and local wine; not else !

Well, this one is in Triana, but it is very good :

Sol Y Sombra
Calle de Castilla , 151 , 41010 (Triana)
http://www.tabernasolysombra.com/
Price: €28-38 per person (set menu for 4 people); €6-9 tapas (can be shared by 2)

It can be expensive or not, depending on what you order.

"Sol Y Sombra Restaurant in Triana is such a big hit that they now have three restaurants on the same street. The first location was opened in 1961. All three restaurants have the same bullfighting scene theme, with walls filled with age old bullfighting posters and ceilings covered with hanging jamones. The ambiance is relaxed and has that authentic Andalusian tapas bar feel. The three restaurants are almost always jam packed with locals so make sure to call ahead for reservations.
The menu is quite extensive, with many sumptuous meat and seafood offerings. Make sure to try the gambas al ajillo, melt in your mouth bull cola, and solomillo al ajo (garlic flavoured slow cooked pork).
Sol Y Sombra is open daily from 1-4 pm for lunch and 8 pm until midnight for dinner."

Annie,and bsewall :thanks a lot for thoose informations !
Have a nice day

Big mistake:
If I travel to Spain , my last plan is NOT eating junk food !! I just want to apreciate local food and local wine; not else !
You’re right! But if you find yourself with no food in your pack, looking for a place to eat in a town on, unbeknownst to you, a ‘fiesta’ day, and all the stores are closed and the least expensive meal in the only open bar in town costs 28 euro, a ‘junk food’ restaurant that is open may be a welcome sight. That happened to me in a small town outside Barcelona and, although I am usually careful about what I eat, I now reluctantly harbour a soft spot for one particular ‘junk food’ chain.

Be aware of 'fiesta' days ... :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I liked Az-Zait, on the Plaza de San Lorenzo. It has a "bib gourmand" from the Michelin guide, which means decent food at not excessive prices. Also, very near the cathedral, if you want to sample some food from 1000km further on your walk, there's the Rincón Gallego del Pulpo, where I had an excellent early lunch/brunch before heading northwards.

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.