• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A good place to stay in Negreira, or just beyond

cecilie@thewolery

Hello everyone,

We will be walking this route in April, and I am booking accommodation, but wondered if anyone could recommend a lovely place to stay near Negreira, our first stop?
Any other top tips for this route would also be greatly appreciated!
I am getting so excited to be on the path again. I stared 10 years ago and have walked different sections each time. All amazingly wonderful. So I am in the planning stage at the moment, which is also a wonderful part of the journey. Thank you,
Cecilie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
In Negreira I can recommend the San Jose Albergue. Very clean, nice small dormitories, washrooms excellent. Owner really helpful . Good kitchen and lounge areas. No meals provided but all facilities ( bank, restaurants, shops, hospital ) available in Negreira.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
PM me for details of other places. We walked from Santiago to Finisterre last October.

In Negreira the Cafe Bar Imperial has a very tasty and copious menu del dia. Here is their web--http://www.barimperial.es/cms/. The friendly barman/owner is English and his wife Spanish. Years past at lunch in winter I was often the only other woman in the place, but they graciously made me feel at home.
It is a good, simple place.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello everyone,

We will be walking this route in April, and I am booking accommodation, but wondered if anyone could recommend a lovely place to stay near Negreira, our first stop?
I am getting so excited to be on the path again. I stared 10 years ago and have walked different sections each time. All amazingly wonderful. So I am in the planning stage at the moment, which is also a wonderful part of the journey. Thank you,
Cecilie

Here is my list of accomodations....

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/my-personal-choice-sdc-tot-fisterra.39295/

In Negreira the Cafe Bar Imperial has a very tasty and copious menu del dia. Here is their web--http://www.barimperial.es/cms/. The friendly barman/owner is English and his wife Spanish. Years past at lunch in winter I was often the only other woman in the place, but they graciously made me feel at home.
Thank you so much. I remember you from a long time ago when you were also full of good advice! I am looking forward to going out and eating at the bar imperial. X cecilie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Cecilie,
I recommend Albergue Alercin, just on the right as you enter Negreira. Cafe bar Imperial is a great place for food.
Other albergues on this route i stayed at and can recommend are, albergue Casa Pepa in Santa Marina, albergue San Rogue at Corcubion.
Enjoy:)
Aidan

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
After Negreira we stayed at albergue / bar Casa Pepa Santa Marina
Albergue O'Castelino Hospital - Dumbria
Albergue Camino de Fisterra at Curcubion after Cee (tiny 14 beds = 7 bunks, sea view. )
Pension Finistellae in Finisterre. ( also has an albergue where you can do laundry.

In Ponte Maceira, just a few km before Negreira, there is a gorgeous restaurant by the river, with great views and very interesting food, like a dried cured conger eel and chickpea stew that was amazing. I do not know if there is any accomodation in Ponte Maceira, but the village is gorgeous, much more beautiful (and less practical) than Negreira.

I wouldn't book months ahead on the Camino to Finisterre / Muxia. We booked on a day to day basis just for the peace of mind and hopefully a bottom bunk waiting for our old bones at the end of each day.

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hello everyone,

Cecilie

Hi Cecilie,
If you'd like a little bit more luxury you must try Casa de Bola (http://www.casadebola.com/) a Casa Rurales just a few km outside Negreira.
My wife and I stayed there in May last year and it was the best night of our trip.
The owner's son, Jesus, will collect you in town and take you there - and also take you back for dinner in the evening.
On his recommendation we went to the Imperial which was excellent and not at all expensive.
Good luck!

@Registration. I listed the names of accommodation we used (see above) but let me know if you'd like more details and I will P.M. you.

Hello everyone,

Cecilie
Hi,
I would walk a further 12km to Vilacerio and stay at the Albergue Orueiro nice country Albergue and gives you more options for the next few days. I also recommend going to Muxia after Finnisterre , beautiful unspoiled town
don

The imperial is so close to pension Mezquita where I am staying tonight. June 25, 2017
I thought I'd check out the recommendations for eating there. Alas ., the kitchen is closed on Sundays. ! They apologised but recommended eating at Mezquita., where I have a room .
The menu del dia today at Mezquita., was fabulous.
Annie

Annie,
For a meal perhaps tomorrow a good restaurant/pension in Olveiroa is As Pias. I love it especially the small back dining room with the wonderful fireplace! See www.aspias.net
However I have always stayed at the nearby municipal albergue.

Carpe diem and Buen camino!

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Annie,
For a meal perhaps tomorrow a good restaurant/pension in Olveiroa is As Pias. I love it especially the small back dining room with the wonderful fireplace! See www.aspias.net
However I have always stayed at the nearby municipal albergue.

Carpe diem and Buen camino!
Thanks for this info Margaret. I've seen it late tho
I'm treating my body to a slower place as I've got time - not due back to Santiago until July 4.
Therefore I stopped halfway along this day 2 stretch and was shuttled to Santa eulalie about 8 k's from as moraños. Very nice and tranquil. Tomorrow I'll walk thru Olveiroa but will probably be a little early for lunch.
I'm only going to walk an extra 4K approx to Logoso (booked ). Following days not booked yet; will stop either Cee or just after. Then fisterra for 2 nights. Deciding as I go. Usually after reading thru past forum members' tips.
I will more than likely walk over to Muxia then.
Annie

Logoso (booked ).
Did you enjoy there as we have booked in July coming and will give Muxia a try weather permitting where they have us for 2 nights in The Black Cat.
Cheers A and keep well mate,
D

Did you enjoy there as we have booked in July coming and will give Muxia a try weather permitting where they have us for 2 nights in The Black Cat.
Cheers A and keep well mate,
D
Hi amigo
Re: accommodation in O Logoso.
There is an albergue there (it looked okay walking past the open door ), but also run by them is the Pension Pedra ?? to the right.(I may have the wrong name ? It may be called O’Logoso - pension? Really comfortable nice room. You still eat at the little cafe attached to albergue -
There is nothing else there in the pueblo though.
If you pm me with your email ., I can send you some nice pics. My room in the pension was E35 but it was very large and double bed etc.

I loved the walk to Finisterra and after that walking on to Muxía I stopped half way in Lires at Casa Raúl . Great accommodation there was E38 but included lovely breakfast. Minor negative was that for dinner you had to walk up the hill to the restaurant with the albergue. (It looked fine too btw).
Buen Camino
Annie

Last edited:
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi amigo
Re: accommodation in O Logoso.
There is an albergue there (it looked okay walking past the open door ), but also run by them is the Pension Pedra ?? to the right.(I may have the wrong name ? It may be called O’Logoso - pension? Really comfortable nice room. You still eat at the little cafe attached to albergue -
There is nothing else there in the pueblo though.
If you pm me with your email ., I can send you some nice pics. My room in the pension was E35 but it was very large and double bed etc.

I loved the walk to Finisterra and after that walking on to Muxía I stopped half way in Lires at Casa Raúl . Great accommodation there was E38 but included lovely breakfast. Minor negative was that for dinner you had to walk up the hill to the restaurant with the albergue. (It looked fine too btw).
Buen Camino
Annie

Never walk past Casa de Bola mate , if any friend try Muxia etc this is a must.
They pick you up within 5 minutes from Negreira.
It's a beautiful farm house and accommodation is just short of NH or Parador

A decade ago we recommended Imperial Cafe/Bar for food , it's still brilliant .
8 euros for quality , was full today as I think Albergue San Jose are mates as many pilgrims were dining there with locals.
The others were in the alberque on the way out , like we were 10 yrs ago.

Annie , when home I will stir the possum , but I believe the best 20 km access to SDC is from Negreira
No airport , no roads , freeways , tourist buses, just birds and water.
I think many would be mad when finished with Frances not to bus to Negreira.............
Stay in CDe Bola and walk back.
Get The Peace Walking Into This City.
Keep well mate,
DaviId

Last edited:
In Negreira I can recommend the San Jose Albergue. Very clean, nice small dormitories, washrooms excellent. Owner really helpful . Good kitchen and lounge areas. No meals provided but all facilities ( bank, restaurants, shops, hospital ) available in Negreira.
I agree totally! I remember San Jose as a haven of peace and the owner was very kind and helpful!

Bar/ Albergue O ' Logroso would be very niice if you can stop the dogs barking all night long.
Because it's in a small village there are dogs in each home.
Everyone up at 5-6 to walk on.
Terrible sleep

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Bar/ Albergue O ' Logroso would be very niice if you can stop the dogs barking all night long.
Because it's in a small village there are dogs in each home.
Everyone up at 5-6 to walk on.
Terrible sleep
Good to know, thank you David.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back