• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A group walk

domigee

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2022 CF
I saw this posted on FB.
https://www.viefrancigene.org/it/re...0-jNXWSOCygGStB1ivxs9O4axE9uJds8opa5T7YyFypLc

At the moment it is only in Italian but will soon be translated in French and English. If you scroll to the end of the message, you’ll see the details of the walk, when it starts, for how long etc.

I have only ever walked alone or with my walking partner but this year, this is quite tempting....
Assuming the Covid crisis has calmed down a bit of course 🙁

I thought it might be of interest to some of you 🙂

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I saw this posted on FB.
https://www.viefrancigene.org/it/re...0-jNXWSOCygGStB1ivxs9O4axE9uJds8opa5T7YyFypLc

At the moment it is only in Italian but will soon be translated in French and English. If you scroll to the end of the message, you’ll see the details of the walk, when it starts, for how long etc.

I have only ever walked alone or with my walking partner but this year, this is quite tempting....
Assuming the Covid crisis has calmed down a bit of course 🙁

I thought it might be of interest to some of you 🙂
There is an English version https://www.viefrancigene.org/en/resource/news/camminata-evento-francigena-road-rome-2021/. If you click top right you can change the language.

I emailed Association for more information,, I never been on an organized Camino, Id be interested in walking the entire Camino. any ideas on number of people, accommodations , etc ?
Thank You for posting this,
Stay Safe, we'll be walking toward the Light soon,.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
There are quite a few ambitious stages in that lineup - at least there’s a rest day after the 70km Day!!! But there are 50+ and 60+km stages back to back.
Go for it - if you can!
I haven’t looked at it in detail but I thought it was probably where a boat was involved....
I have been a ‘hardy’ walker (is that a word?) but even in my fittest days I never exceeded 51km. I don’t think this is expected on this trail 😃
In fact it looks quite reasonable as on both my VF we made two days into one.... on many occasions - just because time was at a premium.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
The long stages, 38 - 70kms are cycling days, if that's any consolation. And a relay format is proposed. Can a anyone who has walked it explain why the long stages are so long?
I have walked it and there shouldn’t be any unduly long stages. Sometimes we combined two stages (like 17km each) because time was at a premium. But normally it should be around 25 km daily, maybe 30 at a stretch. No more. 🙂

I emailed Association for more information,, I never been on an organized Camino, Id be interested in walking the entire Camino. any ideas on number of people, accommodations , etc ?
Thank You for posting this,
Stay Safe, we'll be walking toward the Light soon,.
The number of people will be known I guess nearer the day! Who can tell at this early stage?
Should there be many people, I guess accommodation might be a problem, there wasn’t much available when I walked it first - a tent was a bonus 😉
Let’s wait and see 😉

There are quite a few ambitious stages in that lineup - at least there’s a rest day after the 70km Day!!! But there are 50+ and 60+km stages back to back.
Go for it - if you can!
Yes I saw that too. The other distances seem quite reasonable, I wonder why those particular stages are so long. I have taken part in the Oxfam trailwalk a number of times which is 100km, and the training required to walk that distance (without injury or team members dropping out) is considerable and not for the faint hearted.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If you want to have other pilgrims on the trail while you are walking I imagine that you could just go at the same time as the group will be on the trail without formally joining them.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Very compelling, depending on what the restrictions are for vaccine compliance. For those of us from the US who might like to join time might also be at a premium as we would only have 90 days to complete the walk once we enter Europe from England. Any thoughts from previous walkers? Is 90 days doable once you set foot in France?

It is really tempting me, but it is combined with cycling which I don't want to and I cannot(shame).
Most of the Caminos I have done was alone. I think to join this group,
I will much feel safe but not cycling.
I don't know how Association provide bicycles.????If it just walk, I would like to apply.For within 90days.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
@domigee I think covid must really be affecting you in an unusual way.....until now I have never seen you contemplate walking a busy route with lots of other people!! But off you go....and I'll look forward to the hat-eating video ;-)
😁
Well, the route itself is not busy, at least not in England nor France. Didn’t meet anyone on it!
The idea of walking with a group.... yes, you may well be right! 😂 This mutating virus combined with Brexit may well have affected me 😂🙃

😁
Well, the route itself is not busy, at least not in England nor France. Didn’t meet anyone on it!
The idea of walking with a group.... yes, you may well be right! 😂 This mutating virus combined with Brexit may well have affected me 😂🙃
The route is not busy until you put a big group of people on it - all walking at the same time!!! You won’t recognise it!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Different strokes for different folks kinda met a lot of different people on my camino at various stages the conversation type of walking and where you wish to stop for food along with timetables will most likely decree your walking distance and interests along the way, Buen Camino

I don't think I'd join a group walk, but I do enjoy studying their itineraries! It helps me plan my own walks. And I think these are good for spreading awareness; my guess is that it will attract a different cross section of folks than would normally walk a camino.

I was intrigued by the rest days between Canterbury and Rome: Arras, Reims, Chanplitte, Besançon, Colle del Gran San Bernardo, Orio Litta (Italy), Gambassi Terme, and Viterbo. They're not all what I would have predicted - at least for the Italian sections most friends have recommended Aosta, Lucca, Siena, and sometimes Viterbo as good rest-days.

The biking sections - long sections in northern France and the Italian rice fields, and short sections along Lake Geneva and northern Tuscany - seem like it would make the whole VF more accessible to those of us without lots of time.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back