A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A Guitarist NOT on the Camino

2020 Camino Guides

Tincatinker

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Lots ;0)
It'll come as a surprise to none that my amigo Richard Durrant will not be making his Bicycle/Guitar pilgrimage from St Mungo's in Orkney to Santiago this Autumn (Fall). It won't surprise many that local, community, Arts Centres are under the cosh.

This is not a funding request. I just thought it was rather lovely. So, for those who like this sort of thing here is a link to Richard, and the brilliant Howard Beach, performing the Concierto di Aranjuez live at my local community owned, community run Arts Centre.

See you all on the other side of this. Stay well. Stay safe.

peregrina2000

Staff member
My favorite concerto! I have to admit I wasn’t sure how I’d like it just with piano and guitar instead of a full orchestra, especially the second movement with its typical horn, bassoon, oboe, etc. solos, but I thought it was really beautiful. I do not think there is another piece of music that conveys yearning and melancholy as well as that movemnt, at least not that I have heard. Thanks for posting it, Tinca.

gerardcarey

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
CFx2, CPx1
That was excellent tinca.
Simply performed, melodic, precise.
Thank you ever so very much.
Regards
Gerard

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
Brings joy. And a touch of Spain. Lovely.

Kanga

Staff member
Camino(s) past & future
Francés x 5, Le Puy x 2, Arles, Tours, Norte, Madrid, Via de la Plata, Portuguese, Primitivo
I'm just heartbroken for all the people in the arts whose livelihoods have collapsed due to this pandemic. Almost all are dependant on specific purpose contracts and arrangements. Here they have received no support from Government which seems fixated on commerce and businesses with regular employees. Yet it is the arts that are keeping us all sane, let alone bring us pleasure and joy. Where would we be present without music, books, art, films?

Turga

Camino tortuga
Camino(s) past & future
CF (Aug/Sep 2017)
CF (Aug/Sep 2018)
Excellent! Unusual to listen to / see this classic piece performed by a virtuoso guitar player standing and wearing a casual dress with buttoned-down shirt and yellow suspenders :D

susanawee

susanawee
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances-(2013/14/18
Camino Salvado Perth -(2015)
West Highland Way (2016)
Lyon France 2017
How lovely....thankyou for sharing this with us. Blessings.

Bisnieta

Camino(s) past & future
(2021)
Thank you for this, tincatinker! I wasn't so sure how I'd feel about the non-trad guitar for this piece, but the timbre improved for me when I watched it with higher quality earphones on my laptop instead of my phone. And it was fun to see this performed stripped down in a smaller, more casual venue with just a deftly played piano for accompaniment. I could see making this a trio with, say, a flute too. [Edited to add a PS: Does anybody know what kind of guitar that is? Is it a Solomon Imperial?]

Last edited:

Bisnieta

Camino(s) past & future
(2021)
Wow, thanks Tincatinker! That bog oak guitar is something!
I still haven't found out yet what guitar he played for Aranjuez but he uses it again to play Asturias (also linked to it on his website):

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 54 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 193 15.2%
  • May

Votes: 318 25.0%
  • June

Votes: 92 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 363 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 154 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock