• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A KAS Lemon Clone

Kev

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances Sept-Oct 2015
Camino Portuguese Sept-Oct 2018
Camino Portuguese Oct 2020
Having grown somewhat addicted to KAS Lemon while hiking I have eventually worked up a very good clone to get me by until my next Camino comes along. Sharing it here as I have seen the occasional post or comment on how others enjoy it.
Ingredients:

• 4 lemons
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • Seltzer water
Instructions:

1. Peel the yellow skin of the lemons, leaving the white pith behind.
  2. Place the lemon peels and 1 cup of sugar in a container and mix well. Let sit overnight to extract the lemon oil from the peels.
  3. In a pot, combine the lemon sugar mixture with 1 cup of water and simmer until the sugar has dissolved. Strain out the lemon peels and let the mixture cool.
  4. Juice the lemons.
  5. In a glass, combine 1 part syrup with 1 part lemon juice and 6 parts seltzer water. Stir to combine.
  6. Enjoy your refreshing KAS Lemon Copycat!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There MUST be an easier way. It sounds delicious, but laborious.

I cannot wait to have the first Clara (1/2 Kaz lemon soda & 1/2 draft beer). It is one of the very first things I order when I arrive in Santiago each summer to volunteer.

The Irish and others, refer to this mixed drink as a "Shandy."

Woooow.
And without preservatives and whatever other junk is in the original! Theoretically, one could use an alternative liquid sweetener, too, yes? Like agave syrup.
Not 100% sure how that would work as the sugar draws out the lemon oil. There are methods of extracting the lemon oil without sugar such as boiling the peels and skimming off the oil once everything cools. I would be interested in hearing how it works out if you try it.

I cannot wait to have the first Clara (1/2 Kaz lemon soda & 1/2 draft beer). It is one of the very first things I order when I arrive in Santiago each summer to volunteer.

Equivalent of our Belgian Kivela or Sneeuwwitje ( Snow White ). Half beer / half 7 Up or Sprite.

Or " Mazout " Half beer/half coca-cola.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

The actual time spent doing it is not that much, maybe 20 minutes. The killer is waiting while the sugar and peels have time to draw out the lemon oil and then later waiting for the syrup to cool after simmering.

I have found that San Pellegrino Limonata is a good substitute for making tinto de verano.

sparkling-lemon-beverage-limonata-33cl-san-pellegrino_1296x.jpg

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
In Spain I look forward to Fanta Limon with Kas being acceptable. Does anyone have a suggestion for the equivalent in Portugal and France?

I've been doing it wrong for years! I take the zest of a dozen lemons, add it to a litre of overproof alcohol, add some sugar syrup, shake, let sit in a cupboard for a few weeks, strain and enjoy over ice! :D

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
In Spain I look forward to Fanta Limon with Kas being acceptable. Does anyone have a suggestion for the equivalent in Portugal and France?
Fanta Limon is available in Portugal, discovered that last year when Orange wasn't available. They also sold it at Schipol in Amsterdam!

I've been doing it wrong for years! I take the zest of a dozen lemons, add it to a litre of overproof alcohol, add some sugar syrup, shake, let sit in a cupboard for a few weeks, strain and enjoy over ice! :D
If Kas Limon has the same effect on you as that concoction, let us know where you buy your Kas Limon!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.