A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

See the full Camino Forum Store here with many more camino products.

Live from Via Francigena A laugh for past & present VF'ers...& a warning for futures!

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
Yesterday I clocked up 1800kms on my walk from London to Rome.
Tonight, I'm in Buonconvento (a great choice to stay after the hustle, bustle & crowds of the Big Tickets; Lucca, San Gimignano & Siena) where I came across this gem.
At first it was a bit of a shock to see there's just 200km to go...written so blatantly & brazenly.
Then I looked at the other part of the sign....
Roma; that-a-way ➡
& the Via Francigena is sending you
that-a-way ⬅
.....sounds about right to me! 😂
👣 🌏20190609_182442-1632x1224.jpg

Last edited:

bmcbride

CVRambler
Camino(s) past & future
Frances (2014), Camino Inca (2015), Primitivo (2017), Portugues (2018), Finisterre (2018)
Yesterday I clocked up 1800kms on my walk from London to Rome.
Tonight, I'm in Buonconvento (a great choice to stay after the hustle, bustle & crowds of the Big Tickets; Lucca, San Gimignano & Siena) where I came across this gem.
At first it was a bit of a shock to see there's just 200km to go...written so blatantly & brazenly.
Then I looked at the other part of the sign....
Roma; that-a-way ➡
& the Via Francigena is sending you
that-a-way ⬅
.....sounds about right to me! 😂
👣 🌏View attachment 58865
I was in Buonconvento about 10 days ago - and you are correct, it was a gem of a find. I took the same photo that you did; with the same thoughts. Best wishes for the rest of your journey!

kazrobbo

Tassie Kaz
Camino(s) past & future
CF 2012
CP 2015
St Olavs Norway 2016
88T Japan 2017
PWC/VF 2019
Israel 2020 X
Wales CP 21?
KK?
VdlP?
I was in Buonconvento about 10 days ago - and you are correct, it was a gem of a find. I took the same photo that you did; with the same thoughts. Best wishes for the rest of your journey!
Thanks B...we have a similar sense of humour...& you need one on the VF! 😊 If you're walking the VF & 10 days ahead of me, you must be nearing/in Rome by now (making lots of assumptions here..!). So best wishes to you also..wherever you may be.
👣 🌏

Last edited:
Thread starter OLDER threads on this topic Forum Replies Date
BobM Via Francigena to Rome 61

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 323 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 94 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 373 28.7%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock