• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A lazy rest day in Lausanne

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018
Got up late and went out and found a Dunkin Donuts coffee shop. I ordered the largest cup of coffee and walked to a laundromat to wash my well worn dirty laundry.
I later walked to the beautiful cross shaped Cathedral and photographed it's beautiful stained glassed windows.
Now it's time to prepare for tomorrow's 16 mile shoreline walk to Montreux.

Attachments

• 20230606_112816.jpg
    20230606_112816.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,263
  • 20230606_112832.jpg
    20230606_112832.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230606_112850.jpg
    20230606_112850.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230606_112915.jpg
    20230606_112915.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 20230606_114101.jpg
    20230606_114101.jpg
    823.4 KB · Views: 7
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Wait...there's a Dunkin' Donuts in Lausanne? How did my radar miss that one? 😆
👣🌏
Yeah, and the coffee was probably $7. I went to a Starbucks in Geneva and it was $5.65 for a tall black coffee! Had to do it just to say I did it... joining Paris, Kyoto, Basel, London, Lisbon, etc... as places I've had SBUX coffee. (I formerly lived in a Seattle neighborhood where several of my acquaintances are SBUX managers and executives, so they all appreciate my reports from "the field").

I have fond memories of visiting that area some 20+ years ago. A bar/restaurant that had motorcycles for chairs. And Castle Chillon some distance south of there was a fabulous place worth touring. Lord Byron's 'The Prisoner of Chillon' being a personal favorite poem.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I have fond memories of visiting that area some 20+ years ago. A bar/restaurant that had motorcycles for chairs. And Castle Chillon some distance south of there was a fabulous place worth touring. Lord Byron's 'The Prisoner of Chillon' being a personal favorite poem.
Never forget sitting on wall outside Castle Chillion and a huge rat ran across my legs , left quickly.

Got up late and went out and found a Dunkin Donuts coffee shop. I ordered the largest cup of coffee and walked to a laundromat to wash my well worn dirty laundry.
I later walked to the beautiful cross shaped Cathedral and photographed it's beautiful stained glassed windows.
Now it's time to prepare for tomorrow's 16 mile shoreline walk to Montreux.
Where is the best place to get a stamp in Lasaunne? Thanks

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
How about Charlie Chaplin’s house and ?… When you pass into the next Canton, Valais, don’t forget to eat a decent FONDUE with excellent Fendant wine.
There is a number of other things to see such as Audrey Hepburn’s house in Tolochenaz (near Nyon), walking to GRUYERE from Vevey..Man I could write a guide for that area as I lived there…

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.