Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A list of fountains on the VDLP?

Camino(s) past & future
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Maybe people who have walked the VDLP could list here the places where they KNOW there are good potable water fountains? That way those of us preparing could take along a list of good places to fill up our water bottles?

Along the Frances, there are fountains everywhere.
But the VDLP in hot weather concerns me a bit, as I keep hearing there are not available fountains in each town.

Do you know where there is a good fountain? :?:

JohnnieWalker

Nunca se camina solo
In this respect the VdlP is the opposite of the Camino Frances and there are some etapas where you have to carry all of your food and water with you - it is more isolated but of course that has its own beauty. With planning it is very do-able.

gyro

Camino(s) past & future
Caminos: Frances, Ingles, Portugues, de Norte
Via(s): de la Plata, Mozarabe
Anniesantiago said:
Maybe people who have walked the VDLP could list here the places where they KNOW there are good potable water fountains? That way those of us preparing could take along a list of good places to fill up our water bottles?

Along the Frances, there are fountains everywhere.
But the VDLP in hot weather concerns me a bit, as I keep hearing there are not available fountains in each town.

Do you know where there is a good fountain? :?:

Dear Annie,
When I walked the VDLP, I carried 2 2-litre water bottles, which I refilled as often as I could. I found that most ofthe time, there were sufficient fountains etc along the way. There were a few long, hot pulls in the first third of the route (I started at Sevilla) but I never felt that I was running low of water.
Curiously, I also had to wade through the worst flood I have ever encountered: two days North of Sevilla and I was up to my chest in water, my rucksack balanced on my head......

All good wishes
Gyro

Advertisement

Booking.com