Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A list of fountains on the VDLP?

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2006,08,09,11,12(2),13(2),14,16(2),18(2) Aragones 11,12,VDLP 11,13,Lourdes 12,Malaga 16,Port 06
Maybe people who have walked the VDLP could list here the places where they KNOW there are good potable water fountains? That way those of us preparing could take along a list of good places to fill up our water bottles?

Along the Frances, there are fountains everywhere.
But the VDLP in hot weather concerns me a bit, as I keep hearing there are not available fountains in each town.

Do you know where there is a good fountain? :?:

A two-part workshop that guides you into creating a credencial and shares it online
John Brierley 2022 Camino Guide
Get your today and start planning.

gyro

Time of past OR future Camino
Caminos: Frances, Ingles, Portugues, de Norte
Via(s): de la Plata, Mozarabe
Anniesantiago said:
Maybe people who have walked the VDLP could list here the places where they KNOW there are good potable water fountains? That way those of us preparing could take along a list of good places to fill up our water bottles?

Along the Frances, there are fountains everywhere.
But the VDLP in hot weather concerns me a bit, as I keep hearing there are not available fountains in each town.

Do you know where there is a good fountain? :?:

Dear Annie,
When I walked the VDLP, I carried 2 2-litre water bottles, which I refilled as often as I could. I found that most ofthe time, there were sufficient fountains etc along the way. There were a few long, hot pulls in the first third of the route (I started at Sevilla) but I never felt that I was running low of water.
Curiously, I also had to wade through the worst flood I have ever encountered: two days North of Sevilla and I was up to my chest in water, my rucksack balanced on my head......

All good wishes
Gyro

Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

There are statistics in a graph format below, showing numbers and trends by month of Compostelas issued for Pilgrims on the Camino Via de la Plata (as defined by the Pilgrim Office). Keep in mind...
I'm planning to stay in O Refugio albergue in Cotelas in September. Is it recommended to book in advance? If so, does anyone have any contact details for O Refugio?

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon