Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

COVID A Little Humor During Tough Times

Status
Not open for further replies.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
EDITED ON MARCH 26:

Note from the mods. We have merged all the humorous threads to date. A new humor thread is up and running. That thread explains what we have done and why.

Thanks and buen camino!

I hope that it's not "too soon" for some virus related humor. I found these funny memes

the cure.jpg

stupid and contagious.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ginniek

Camino(s) past & future
frances 2017
And late Friday afternoon I discovered a new use for a Buff--and this was my map of the Camino Buff, from Ivar's Store a few years ago. I was doing a really brisk walk on some very interesting and fun trails in Jacksonville, Florida. Because I know the terrain pretty well and I was enjoying the beautiful day I was not paying attention to what I was doing. My foot got caught by a root, I was knocked off my feet and thrown down on to the ground, hitting the center of my forehead on something. Much, much blood. The doctor who stopped to help explained there's a major artery there--hence the blood. I had been trying to both mop up and stop the bleeding with kleenexes, etc. from my small small backpack, but not successfully. She suggested I make a Wetwipe and a couple of tissues into a pad and then pull my Buff down to hold it in place and act as a compression bandage. It worked, and the bleeding pretty much stopped. She and her husband walked me to my car (about a mile away), and it turned out that she, too, had walked a couple sections of the Camino. Then I went off and got 19 stitches and also have 2 black eyes. I think I'll email Buff that they should add another use to the ones they already show--compression bandage to stop bleeding. Maybe they could use my picture (available upon request)! Oh, and I cleaned up the site and did not leave a trace, even putting bloody leaves in a plastic bag for disposal (remembered it the next day).

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
Oh! There HAD to be a Gary Larson cartoon.
Hahahahahahhaaa...
Perfect.

I can't find the hand-drawn dog cone cartoon someone* posted a few days ago, but it deserves to be re-posted here if anyone can find it. It was very funny. (*Was it you, @trecile ?)

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Oh! There HAD to be a Gary Larson cartoon.
Hahahahahahhaaa...
Perfect.

I can't find the hand-drawn dog cone cartoon someone* posted a few days ago, but it deserves to be re-posted here if anyone can find it. It was very funny. (*Was it you, @trecile ?)
If that was the one with the dog telling the master, constrained by a cone, It’s for your own good, I too want to see it again.

tpmchugh

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino Frances (2016)
Camino Frances (2018}
For Irish people only. We have a much more serious problem. Its called Tyronovirus

GettingThere

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Roncesvalles-SdC Apr-Jun 2015
Roncesvalles-Sarria Sep-Oct 2017
C. Frances sections Apr-Jun 2019
@trecile thank you so much for starting this thread! I've just discovered this and read it with tears of laughter rolling down my face. Absolutely exactly what I needed today! I'll have to explain in a minute to my work colleagues that I'm not upset...

Brilliant, everyone, please keep them coming!

Camino(s) past & future
Us:Camino Frances, 2015 Me:Catalan/Aragonese, 2019
From social distancing to time distancing:
Screenshot_20200318-162543.png

Rowena

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2015, 2018) Le Puy-SJPP(2016) Geneva Way(2017) Portugués Muxia Fisterra(2019) Invierno(2021)
Thank you so much for the humour! I’m alone in my house with only the cat to talk to, spending too much time watching the news. You have all brightened my day. I’m so glad to be a member of this forum.

Camino(s) past & future
September/October 2015 CF; October 2017 PC from Porto; Camino Ingles October 2019; Le Puy (2020)
Thank you so much for the humour! I’m alone in my house with only the cat to talk to, spending too much time watching the news. You have all brightened my day. I’m so glad to be a member of this forum.
We’re all in this together, Rowena. I’m physically alone, even without a cat😊, but I don’t feel alone. Groups like this one help so much. Take care.

Michael; Camino-addicted

Take your time to enjoy a beautiful moment
Camino(s) past & future
A few Caminos
Next plan - Camino de Baztan
A good side effect of Corona😚

I am now allowed to use my flat 16 hours per day, almost twice as long as normal - without paying more rent. So half the price.

I am a lucky guy🥳🥳🥳

Ok, it doesn´t work out for those, who are also the owner of their appartment😇

But I can comfort you: There are two kind of days.

Days when you lose - and days, when others are the winners🥵

Last edited:

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
I find that a little humor is good medicine during tough times. So, . . .

Do you know what happens in 2033? All those children conceived during the Covid-19 quarantine of 2020 become Quaranteens.
Something tells me I will be heavily engaged in this thread……….. 😁

Last edited:

MikeyC

Camino(s) past & future
CF - September 2016
CF - April May 2017
Shikoku - October 2017
Kumano Kodo - October 2017
CF - 2019

David

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Moissac to Santiago Spring 2005 was the first foray.
Just had a thought ... if I had been told when I was young that I could save the world just by sitting on my sofa and watching Netflix my life would have been very different .........

Bad Pilgrim

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Far too many...
Just had a thought ... if I had been told when I was young that I could save the world just by sitting on my sofa and watching Netflix my life would have been very different .........
Do not let my students hear that…! :eek::eek:🤣

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
'CP, Frances,Norte,Salv/prim;Le puy, Inglés, CDM, Invierno, Fin/Mux, Vdlp 2019>Táb/ Prt Levante 2020
To be fair- from the other perspective / look at this one, lol.

Annie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock