• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A little VF humour...

Tassie Kaz

Sempre Avanti
Time of past OR future Camino
2024?
20190318_144108.png

Of course that only applies in the outside world...here we can talk (write) about it until we're blue in the face or our fingers are numb & tingly! 😄

For me, the adventure is about to begin..I fly out tomorrow...YAY!

Best wishes to all undertaking the VF now or later.
Ultreia!
👣 🌏

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Of course that only applies in the outside world...here we can talk (write) about it until we're blue in the face or our fingers are numb & tingly! 😄

Ultreia!
👣🌏

Buen Camino Kazrobbo! Keep us updated, I start from Lucca to Rome on May 14 and I would love to read about your progress.

Petro

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Buen Camino Kazrobbo! Keep us updated, I start from Lucca to Rome on May 14 and I would love to read about your progress.

Petro
That's great Petro 😊 You'll be ahead of me by about a fortnight...I'm expecting to be around Lucca end of May/start of June. Will be nice knowing you will have 'been there, done that' by then.
Enjoy your walk, take care & Happy Trails!
👣 🌏

Thanks for your good wishes everyone..much appreciated. I'll try 'Live From' while on the trail.
Now...just have to get that dreaded long haul flight out of the way... 🤗

@kazrobbo There's something very striking I think about the people who walk the VF - they get genuinely excited about each others adventures!! I guess it is because of the relatively small numbers, compared to the Camino, where I don't get quite the same feeling, (although we all love to hear what others are doing). I would love to be setting out again tomorrow! Hugely looking forward to hearing how things go for you, (especially at GSB ;)) and wishing you a safe and fulfilling walk. T

Last edited:
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Tim..I'm so excited, I'm quite beside myself! Sooo long researching & planning & now its finally here. All walks are special but I agree there's an extra 'something' when the path is not so well trodden. For me with this one, it's the sheer length, time spent & effort required...I feel very fortunate to be able to do it.
A big thank you Tim for sharing info & your experiences & always taking the time to answer any queries. 👍 😊

Have a wonderful journey Tassie Kaz. Look forward to hearing about it - maybe over a coffee in Tassie one day!. Buen Camino, Janet

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
View attachment 53409

Ultreia!
👣🌏
Buen Camino🍀

View attachment 53409

Ultreia!
👣🌏
Indeed! I used that in my blog in 2016. Where did you find it? I'd love to know its origins.

Indeed! I used that in my blog in 2016. Where did you find it? I'd love to know its origins.
I took a screenshot from a Via Francigena blog...from 2016...& the writer was from Suffolk...& you're from Suffolk...so now I'm guessing I nicked it from you! 😂 Quo vadis.
I hereby credit this cartoon to you Harington ...where did you find it?
By the many 'likes', its bringing smiles to lots of faces so thank you!
👣 🌏

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
View attachment 53409

Ultreia!
👣🌏

Hi Tassie
Love the humour!
I am walking from Lucca to Rome at the end of April. A little nervous as I am going alone and received advise that it is not a good idea. Do you have a blog or Facebook page where I can follow your camino?

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Exactly! And nor should they!

Hi Tassie
Love the humour!
I am walking from Lucca to Rome at the end of April. A little nervous as I am going alone and received advise that it is not a good idea. Do you have a blog or Facebook page where I can follow your camino?
Hi Ell, I have no hesitation about doing the VF solo. I always travel with the attitude 'anything that can happen to me on the trail, can happen to me at home'. Step forward with confidence & you'll be fine! Your starting point of Lucca is prime tourist territory so there will be lots of other people around. You'll be ahead of me (I'll be near the French/Swiss border end of April) but feel free to message me anytime for a bit of reassurance.
I don't do a blog or Facebook but I do send a group email every few weeks. It goes out to a wide range of people (incl a few Forum members) so if you're happy to PM me your email address, I'll add you to the list.
Enjoy planning your VF...you'll be on your way in no time. 😊
👣 🌏

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Ell, I have no hesitation about doing the VF solo. I always travel with the attitude 'anything that can happen to me on the trail, can happen to me at home'. Step forward with confidence & you'll be fine! Your starting point of Lucca is prime tourist territory so there will be lots of other people around. You'll be ahead of me (I'll be near the French/Swiss border end of April) but feel free to message me anytime for a bit of reassurance.
I don't do a blog or Facebook but I do send a group email every few weeks. It goes out to a wide range of people (incl a few Forum members) so if you're happy to PM me your email address, I'll add you to the list.
Enjoy planning your VF...you'll be on your way in no time. 😊
👣🌏
Hi Tassie
Thanks so much for the encouragement! You are so kind!
Pls add me on your mailing list campsbaymail@gmail.com
All the best with your camino!

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back