• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A 'Local' Camino + Competition

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Who looks after all your pot plants when you're away? 🤔 That'd be a big job! 😆
👣 🌏

They are quite new....... Pat wanted to grow lots of Vegetables prior to the Zombie Apocalypse! :rolleyes:
They will be gone prior to our next Camino......
Either that. or we need a housesitter! Maybe a Vegetarian House Sitter.....:cool:

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Beautiful and ingenious video walking 🚶‍♂️!
Ultreia et Susseia
Buen camino

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Robo, I saw on another thread you were interested in a tarp or tent to use on the Vdlp when covid gets under control. I was wondering if Pat will accompany you on that Camino, and if so, will you be bringing the rice cooker?😉

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Loved your amusing video Rob. Made me smile on a dull November day in England. Thank you

How many Camino 'props' did you notice?
Maybe we need a competition with a prize :)
Yellow arrows being the obvious ones........
I think there are over 10 all up...........

Last edited:
In fact let's do a competition, with a purpose.........and a prize. (see below)

How many Camino 'props' did you notice?

Yellow arrows being the obvious ones........

I 'think' there are over 10 all up...........

You have to name them. i.e.
  1. Wooden Yellow Arrows.
  2. xxx
  3. yyy
We'll run for 48 hours.
So Competition closes at 2:00 pm Sydney Australia time on Friday 27th November 2020.

The person with the most 'legitimate' props listed will win.

I will be the judge. If I deem that someone has listed all the props prior to the closing time, a winner will announced.

No negotiations or arguments will be entered into :cool: It's just a bit of light hearted fun!

The Prize?

I was about to make a e100 donation to one of the Camino Businesses listed on the Forum here:

But let's have the Winner select which of those Businesses should receive that donation and it will be made on their behalf. (This can be confidential via DM if preferred)

Who's in ? :)

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
You realize, don't you, that you haven't set up this very well as a competition! You are probably trying to appeal to our feelings of charity for those albergues, but basically we would be competing to take away the credit for your generosity! 🙃 You should have said that you will give 5 or 10 euros up to 100, for every entry! That's not to say one of us couldn't do that.

Nice thought, fun video, and a challenge to us in any case.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
You realize, don't you, that you haven't set up this very well as a competition! You are probably trying to appeal to our feelings of charity for those albergues, but basically we would be competing to take away the credit for your generosity! 🙃 You should have said that you will give 5 or 10 euros up to 100, for every entry! That's not to say one of us couldn't do that.

Well maybe we can have a 2nd and 3rd prize too ;)

That could get very expensive ! :eek:

Great video, @Robo - thank you!

And, well, it was nice that none of the 'Oz animals' jumped out of the under-brush to try and kill you. (or they did, you prevailed, and borne of modesty edited them out? ;) )

'Tis the Season' coming right around the corner and I am busy fixing Thanksgiving Day dinner here so not time to compete. That said, your example of generosity is welcome.

My Bride and I will be keeping it in mind as we allocate surplus blessings to those in need over the next week.

B

A selection of Camino Jewellery
@kirkie identified the greatest number of the Camino 'props'.

Here is the complete list.

I make it a total of 13 different types of Camino ‘props’.

• Brass scallop shell on front door
  • Yellow wooden arrows x 9
  • Bamboo crosses on fence
  • Donativo drinks stand with coin plate and stamp
  • Brass Scallop shell on cobbles
  • Tile scallop shell on garage and wooden arrow to left.
  • Painted arrow on wall (which is the old outside toilet!)
  • Wooden cross on wall
  • Real scallop shell hanging on cross
  • St James cross hanging next to it
  • ‘Irache’ Wine Barrel with tap
  • Yellow Arrow tiles x 2
  • ‘Church’ bell to ring

Here’s where they are:

0:06 Shell on door
0:12 Tile arrow on wall
0:15 Wood arrow on tree
0:21 Bamboo crosses on fence
0:26 Donativo drinks stands with water, stamp and dish of coins
0:30 Brass shell set into cobble stones
0:34 Tile shell on garage wall & wooden arrow on garage roof.
0:36 Wooden arrow
0:38 Painted arrow on wall, wooden cross, scallop shell, brass St James cross.
0:46 wooden arrow
0:53 wooden arrows
1:04 wine barrel with tap
1:09 wooden arrow on fence
1:16 Tile arrow on wall
1:28 ‘church’ bell to ring
1:36 wooden arrow on tree
1:43 wooden arrow on tree.

Well done @kirkie

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks.
the e100 donation on behalf of @kirkie went to............

Lee a.k.a. @LTfit
who owns and runs Albergue Villares de Órbigo, Camino Francés

What a wonderful and thoughtful idea @Robo !

It's the day after Thanksgiving that I'm reading this thread but I see that the donation was in fact made yesterday.
How appropriate 🙏

@kirkie, I'm filled with joy. It is so very gracious of you to donate the proceeds of the competition to me.

Sending a virtual hug to both you and Rob.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Norte 2023 was the first time I actually put some training into Camino. I walked a lot of stairs at home, a lot. First week in Spain was mountains and mud. After that it was pratically all...
Hi everyone! We're a family from Latvia, starting our 2nd Camino de Santiago. We walked the central Portugese route 1,5 years ago, and will walk the coastal route this time. The first day on...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back