Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

A man with a plan

andywild

Year of past OR future Camino
CF april 18.. CP sep 18.. CF april 2020
The flight is booked!!
Biarritz on April 23rd and then start walking the following day...

Originally I was going to walk sjpdp-santiago but I've been considering Pamplona-Muxia instead. Is this a way of chickening out of sjpdp- Roncesvalles? Yes, yes it is.. but in my defence, I have already done that portion and once feels more than adequate... And I haven't been to muxia so it kind of makes sense.
Training starts this weekend, I intend to walk to and from the pub instead of getting a taxi . And I'm having extra salad on my kebabs.
Roll on April 😀
Andy
x

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
D

Deleted member 67185

The flight is booked!!

Originally I was going to walk sjpdp-santiago but I've been considering Pamplona-Muxia instead. Is this a way of chickening out of sjpdp- Roncesvalles? Yes, yes it is.. but in my defence, I have already done that portion and once feels more than adequate... And I haven't been to muxia so it kind of makes sense.
Training starts this weekend, I intend to walk to and from the pub instead of getting a taxi . And I'm having extra salad on my kebabs.
Roll on April 😀
Andy
x

Take a shuttle or bus via the Valcarlos Route, and if you find an irresistible urge to stop the bus along the way and to start walking, give in. Otherwise, on to Pamplona :)

Buen Camino and Ultreya, Andy

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Putting the Kebab and a few tinnies in a backpack and carrying it to the nearest park bench can help increase stamina and your social standing... Well it works for me ;)

Frances (2017), Primitivo (2019)
The flight is booked!!

Roll on April 😀
Andy
x
You know what you’re missing... the beautiful Basque Country. And a big hill. Nothing like a gentle walk to the ocean🥴

nycwalking

Veteran Member
Ourense to Santiago (2019), CF: (2014, 2004, 2002, 2001). On to Fisterra, (2002, 4, 14).
Enjoy!

Apparently there are now two routes to Muxia.

Let us know what way you take.

Buen camino.

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
I really like your new plan, Andy, especially since you have already walked from SJPdP. I am walking on to Muxia and then to Finesterre this spring after finishing up the Norte from Oviedo.

Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.

VeganCamino

Future Frances from Saint Jean Pied du Port to Burgos, starting in June.
The flight is booked!!

Roll on April 😀
Andy
x
Good for you! My advice to anyone who asks is to start in Pamplona. MUCH nicer way to begin in my opinion and Pamplona is a cool city with an awesome cathedral. There is a pilgrim mass @ the smaller chapel to the left of the cathedral at I think 5:45 pm every evening. Nice way to begin. ENJOY.

David Tallan

Veteran Member
The flight is booked!!

Roll on April 😀
Andy
x
If you just want to avoid the sjpdp to Roncesvalles section, you could always start in Roncesvalles. That's where I started when I walked the Camino Frances (not because I was chickening out of anything but because that's where I was told - by Spaniards- it started).

AndyK

CF 2016
Training starts this weekend, I intend to walk to and from the pub instead of getting a taxi . And I'm having extra salad on my kebabs
Don't be too tough on yourself! However, I think you should consider throwing in some extra training days during the week as well... 😉

John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads