Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
A Quest of St. James, Tommy Ray, Book Cover, Image
Come follow the vivid imagery of this life-changing adventure.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

A Message from Johnnie Walker

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Last edited:
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store
Peaceable Projects Inc.
Peaceable Projects Inc. is a U.S.-based non-profit group that brings the vast resources of the wide world together with the ongoing needs of the people who live, work, and travel on the Camino de Santiago pilgrim trail network in Spain.
Past OR future Camino
cycled from Pamplona Sep 2015;Frances, walked from St Jean May/June 2017. Plans to walk Porto 2020
Whilst I will consider a donation it is highly unlikely my feet will tread the Camino Porto in 2021. I hope to get my vaccination in the next two months. But even then I have to wait until the Aust Govt again allows us to travel. Fingers crossed for 2022. Thanks Johnny for the post.

Learn Spanish for the Camino
Enhance your Camino experience by learning about the Spanish language and culture.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)

MaineSally

MaineSally
Past OR future Camino
Cam Frances SJPDP to Santiago ('17): Finisterre ('17); Muxia ('17): Camino Portuguese ('19)
Than you SYates for sharing Johnnie Walker’s short vid. I will do my part to infuse the coffers of APOC. Nicely done APOC!

C clearly

Staff member
Past OR future Camino
Most years since 2012. Hoping now for 2022.
2021 Camino Guides
Most all Camino authors have decided to use 2020 guides for 2021, with free PDF files with updates coming in the spring. Get yours today.
Camino Maps
A collection of Camino Maps from the Camino Forum Store

David Tallan

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
To try and bring this back from Covid predictions to the subject of the original post, I'd just like to add that many national pilgrim associations similarly donate to supporting albergues on the Camino. So if you don't happen to be American and wish to donate closer to home, that might be another option. I know that, as has been pointed out in another thread in these forums, our Canadian Company of Pilgrims is also running a fundraiser for similar purposes, and I expect others are as well.

Past OR future Camino
Frances (99), del Norte (07), Frances (13)
Admin/mods please move this thread if it's in the wrong forum.

Johnnie Walker just published this video about one more way how to help pilgrims. It's short, to the point and well worth considering. And you get a glimpse of the cathedral too ;-)

Website Links:
https://americanpilgrims.org/membership/
https://americanpilgrims.org/grants/
Canadians are also fundraising and sending donations to Spain. In the last 9 months, over $27,000 have been sent to various albergues and businesses and we are continuing to fundraise. More info at santiago.ca. Any suggestions for needy albergues are welcome as well.

Faye Walker

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF 2014, CF 2018, CP 2019 from Coimbra
Canadians are also fundraising and sending donations to Spain. In the last 9 months, over $27,000 have been sent to various albergues and businesses and we are continuing to fundraise. More info at santiago.ca. Any suggestions for needy albergues are welcome as well.
Is that separate from the CCoP? I donated to that a few weeks ago, and I sent some individual funds to favourite places last summer. I am thinking of just building in a donation every pay check of mine until 2022 when I hope to living in Spain for 6-8 months.
The CCoP is not a registered charity so they can't give tax receipts, but the way I figure it: I would not normally have a tax receipt for a pilgrimage, and this is the circumstance of my relationship to Camino this year, so I don't mind not getting the receipt for tax purposes.
Anyway, MVirtue, if you could just let us know if the santiago.ca and the CCoP donations are the same or coordinated or distinct, that would be helpful. If they are separate, then it's entirely possible that even more has gone from Canadian pilgrims to the effort this year! (Hoping)... but my goodness! What a lot $27K is from a much smaller pool of pilgrims... wow.

Past OR future Camino
Frances (99), del Norte (07), Frances (13)
Is that separate from the CCoP? I donated to that a few weeks ago, and I sent some individual funds to favourite places last summer. I am thinking of just building in a donation every pay check of mine until 2022 when I hope to living in Spain for 6-8 months.
The CCoP is not a registered charity so they can't give tax receipts, but the way I figure it: I would not normally have a tax receipt for a pilgrimage, and this is the circumstance of my relationship to Camino this year, so I don't mind not getting the receipt for tax purposes.
Anyway, MVirtue, if you could just let us know if the santiago.ca and the CCoP donations are the same or coordinated or distinct, that would be helpful. If they are separate, then it's entirely possible that even more has gone from Canadian pilgrims to the effort this year! (Hoping)... but my goodness! What a lot $27K is from a much smaller pool of pilgrims... wow.
Yes. The CCoP website is santiago.ca, so one and the same. The Victoria Chapter initiated a fundraising campaign in May 2020 and donors received a "My Stay Home Covid Camino" badge. For the new CCoP campaign, for a donation of a day on the Camino ($50), people will receive a Holy Years badge.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.31.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 4.31.58 PM.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.09.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 2.09.49 PM.png
    64.1 KB · Views: 1
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
Whilst I will consider a donation it is highly unlikely my feet will tread the Camino Porto in 2021. I hope to get my vaccination in the next two months. But even then I have to wait until the Aust Govt again allows us to travel. Fingers crossed for 2022. Thanks Johnny for the post.

Sadly I agree (for Us in Oz). 2022 'at best'. It will take time for things to settle.

Robo

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
CF SJPdP to SdC
(May 2015)
CF Sarria to SdC
(May 2016)
CF SJPDP-SdC
(May 2018)
VdlP (2022?)
To try and bring this back from Covid predictions to the subject of the original post, I'd just like to add that many national pilgrim associations similarly donate to supporting albergues on the Camino. So if you don't happen to be American and wish to donate closer to home, that might be another option. I know that, as has been pointed out in another thread in these forums, our Canadian Company of Pilgrims is also running a fundraiser for similar purposes, and I expect others are as well.

And of course donations can be made right here on the Forum. It would be great if we could get more 'businesses in need' to be listed somehow.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads