• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A million footsteps for a cure

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Bonjour fellow pilgrims,

I'm about to embark on yet another pilgrimmage. This time it's in memory of my late father who passed away from lung cancer in 2011.

I'm hoping to raise as much money and awareness for the Australian Cancer Research Foundation as possible.

Please take the time if you can and check out my story;

http://www.everydayhero.com.au/sonia_longo

For my dad who lost his life to cancer and those currently fighting a cancer battle, this walk is for you!

I BELIEVE IN A CURE

I walk because someone dear to me has been touched by cancer.

I walk because I care.

I walk to honour those who no longer can.

I walk because it’s one small thing I can do to make a difference. I can give someone the courage to go on.

I walk because I love someone who is my inspiration.

I walk because I miss someone dearly who would surely walk for me.

I walk because I believe.

I believe in a cure that will one day let millions continue to walk, live and love.

I walk because I believe in a cure.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your support, friendship and answering my questions. You have played a pivotal role helping me prepare for this wonderful journey ahead. From the bottom of my heart, I thank you.

To those who will be on the road at the same time, look out for me. I'll be the one carrying my dad (see the badge below) on my back.

I'll be updating my facebook/fundraising page with my daily mumblings/pics.

http://www.facebook.com/AMillionFootstepsForACure

Merci mes amis
Sonia
:)

Attachments

• php1je8Pe_c2AM.jpg
    php1je8Pe_c2AM.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 873
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Good luck with your fund raising. I raised money for a local cancer hospice when I walked last year. It certainly gives you motivation to finish! Best of luck. Don't forget to find some time for yourself on your camino though.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Thanks Allan! I have all the motivation I need for this walk. Unlike my last Camino, I was reliant on others to get me out of bed on a number of occasions. :lol:

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back