• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A MOST EXCELLENT TRAVELLING COMPANION

• Thread starter Former member 12499
  • Start date
F

Former member 12499

A Most Excellent Travelling Companion.

Last month I had occasion to do some long distance travelling and by chance I met a most interesting travelling companion.

I found them to be very interesting and amusing. The stories that they told of their experiences and the advice that they gave was very rewarding and I felt that I could learn a lot.

The more that I was in their company the more I wanted to remain in their company and I was starting to dread the journey's end.

The whole journey passed relatively quickly and I knew that I would miss this valuable travelling companion and my life would never be the same again. In fact the advice that I was given, gave me a new purpose and direction in life and I decided there and then that I would follow some of this advice.

Well imagine my surprise when I found out that our travel dates coincided exactly and we would be on the same journey when we returned over a week later.

Sure enough, our brief encounter was resumed and another long journey passed pleasantly. More advice and experiences flowed. Why had I never found anything like this before?

Eventually my journey ended and I returned home.

I decided that when I returned home I was going to keep in contact with my travel advisor and this I did.

So I would just like to take this opportunity of thanking Sylvia Nilsen (and of course Greg) for their book, 'Your Camino...'

This 'travelling companion' accompanied me from Manchester airport to Chicago (O'Hare) airport USA and my ongoing flight to Buffalo in New York State.

Over a week later when I returned, I read the second half of the book (I’m a slow reader) and the book now resides within easy reach of me in my home.

Regards to all.
Charlie.
Still hoping 'to go' with a flight to Biarritz and then SJDP mid April 2012. Currently watching Ryanair flights but at the moment only available up to March 2012.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Thank you Chas999 - I feel as though I travelled with you in spirit!!
If you find any of your questions unanswered, please let me know. I am compiling a list of new questions, and corrections where necessary, which will be added to the Kindle version. Changing the print version will take a little longer.

Most read last week in this forum

Last year on my camino I was a bit annoyed when someone back home told me to enjoy my vacation. I bristled. Why did that word annoy me so much? I was on a pilgrimage! Anyway, I'm about to embark...
Everyone talks about the wonderful café con leche, but what if tea is more to your liking? Can you even get tea along the Camino (Frances)? I don’t drink coffee but my morning cup of tea is...
Hey all. I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime (years probably). I walked the Camino Frances in 2016 and to say it was life changing for me is an understatement. On day 3, at the café at...
I am just back from a few weeks on the Via the la Plata. Since 2015 I have been nearly every year in Spain walking caminoroutes I loved the café con leches. This year I did not like them as much...
When you stop at a bar for a beer, wine, coffee or bite to eat, and sit at a table, is it expected that you will return your dirty dishes up to the bar before you leave? I alway do, as it seems...
Let me preface this by saying please understand I am not picking on anybody, I fully understand that mistakes happen and how. Been there, done that. I have been astonished to see so many lost...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back