A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

A Mothers Day Cake

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
When I asked Jill what kind of cake she wanted for Mother's Day, she replied that she wanted me to make a Tarte de Santiago. I was surprised she didn't request chocolate, but she seems to have taken a liking to the Tarte that I bake.

Tarte de Santiago.JPG Tarte de Santiago.JPG

Advertisment

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Dave, is there anything you don't know, or can't do? Your posts never fail to amaze.

davebugg

DustOff: "When I have your wounded."
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances...
Sept. 2017: SJPdP to Burgos
Sept./Oct. 2018: SJPdP to Santiago de Compostela
Dave, is there anything you don't know, or can't do? Your posts never fail to amaze.
Believe me, there is a world of stuff that I would love to know and do :) Since childhood I've been fascinated with learning and doing. And some things I just can't grasp or do well despite my best efforts. :) I do try and follow Robert Heinlein's edict from "Time Enough For Love":

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2015); Camino Norte/Primitivo (2016); Camino Frances (2017); Le Puy (June 2018)
Hmmm, I think I can do only about half those things, and it seems there's no good reason for me to try to do most of the others! :)

Last edited:

OLDER threads on this topic

Advertisement

Most read today

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • February

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • March

Votes: 29 4.5%
  • April

Votes: 101 15.7%
  • May

Votes: 164 25.4%