• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A new adventure begins

DavidJ1215

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances May 2017, Camino Finisterre 2017, Via Francigena Canterbury to Rome 2018.
Last year I completed the Camino Francis pilgrimage from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostella and then on to Finisterre. They were both perfect and memorable journeys in everyway.

In just 5 days, on the 1st June, I will be taking that first step out of Canterbury to walk the Via Francigena to Rome. If you would like to see how I progress I will be keeping a blog which can be found at www.pilgrimsway.org.uk

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I just took a quick look at your blog and it promises to be a well written, descriptive narrative. I have an interest in the Via Francigena that has been "floating around" in the back of my mind. :)

Wishing you all the best for your journey. It is a very different experience from the Spanish Caminos, especially the Frances. I walked from Canterbury to Rome in summer 2015. A much greater challenge than the Caminos but the satisfactions are very great too. Another forum member - @timr - is walking the VF and blogging at the moment. Tim's blog makes great reading and if you have not already seen it you might find it helpful too. His blog is at www.walkingtim.com

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Thanks Chris.

Yes I read your blog Bradypuss about your 2015 journey - it was a great help. I have also been reading Tim's blog as he progresses through France (the blog is currently a little behind his actual pace !)

I understand the comparison with the Frances and know it will be a greater challenge in many ways but I think I am well prepared so lets see how I go.

Last year I completed the Camino Francis pilgrimage from St Jean Pied de Port to Santiago de Compostella and then on to Finisterre. They were both perfect and memorable journeys in everyway.

In just 5 days, on the 1st June, I will be taking that first step out of Canterbury to walk the Via Francigena to Rome. If you would like to see how I progress I will be keeping a blog which can be found at www.pilgrimsway.org.uk
May I add your blog to the list on the website of the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome? Good luck and buon cammino!

May I add your blog to the list on the website of the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome? Good luck and buon cammino!

Yes of course - I joined the Confraternity of Pilgrims to Rome earlier this year and had intended to let you know about my pilgrimage

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Thanks Domigee and Kanga. I did start a blog but due to many reasons it stopped after 3 or 4 weeks but I will bring it back to life, for future reference, when I return home. Currently enjoying life in Rome.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.

Most read last week in this forum

The official Via Francigena site has published a list of free walks ** happening in 2024. If you happen to be passing through you might want to take part - or avoid that section that day. (**...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.