Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.

A new buff for a new camino

jungleboy

Spirit of the Camino (Nick)
Year of past OR future Camino
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
@Wendy Werneth and I are leaving Lisbon tomorrow on the overnight train to Madrid, staying a night in Madrid to see some friends, taking the train to Oviedo on Thursday and starting the Camino Primitivo on Friday! Today I bought a new buff to celebrate the start of a new camino!

IMG_2036.jpg

Create your own ad
Have a camino related project that you are interested in promoting on the forum? Create your own ad right now.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Buen camino, Nick and Wendy, looking forward to hear how it goes. Either in real time or afterwards, you choose. :)

You know, this post reminded me that I learned on my last camino that LT is still sending out the graffiti buff. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/
I have had two of them and lost them both, the first on day 2 of the Olvidado, and the second a little later, on the way to Finisterre or Muxia. I always think they look like such a good piece of equipment, though I can't manage to hang onto it.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Buen camino, Nick and Wendy, looking forward to hear how it goes. Either in real time or afterwards, you choose. :)

You know, this post reminded me that I learned on my last camino that LT is still sending out the graffiti buff. https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/resources/camino-buff.80/
I have had two of them and lost them both, the first on day 2 of the Olvidado, and the second a little later, on the way to Finisterre or Muxia. I always think they look like such a good piece of equipment, though I can't manage to hang onto it.

If you ask nicely maybe you'll get one before your next Camino

jungleboy

Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020

Thanks Laurie! I will only have my phone with me as a writing tool, so I will try to provide live updates but they won't be extensive. If nothing else we can talk about it and your Camino Mozárabe over a bottle of red the next time you're in Lisbon!

And in case you want to pick up a buff the next time you're here, El Corte Inglés has Camino-themed ones, although there were only three different ones today, not as many as there were last year.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
John Brierley Camino Frances Guide
This guide is one of the ones that has been around for over 15 years. Updated yearly. Please read the reviews.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
I have one of LTfit's original Camino graffiti Buffs. They rock! This design is not available through the Buff wear company or any local shop. You can only obtain them from LT if she is still selling them. The link in Peregrina2000s post will take you to the earlier subject forum post.

They are attention getters and conversation starters wherever you go. Other pilgrims recognize it right way and always ask me where I got it.

LTfit

Veteran Member
I have one of LTfit's original Camino graffiti Buffs. They rock! This design is not available through the Buff wear company or any local shop. You can only obtain them from LT if she is still selling them. The link in Peregrina2000s post will take you to the earlier subject forum post.

They are attention getters and conversation starters wherever you go. Other pilgrims recognize it right way and always ask me where I got it.

Thanks @t2andreo for your endorsement! A Canadian Camino group made a large order and I purchased a bunch to have on hand. Just sent one out to another Forum member today.

Create your own ad
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

jungleboy

Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
This one is my favorite, purchased in Viana while on my first Camino in 2015.

That's the same one that Wendy has! Here we are in Santiago de Compostela last year at the end of the Camino Francés:

19554652_10155202752090865_282655610126754850_n.jpg

LTfit

Veteran Member
This is the one available through the Forum Resources section:
DSC_0495.JPG

1527006489014168727906-jpg.42777

Last edited:

t2andreo

Veteran Member
C/F: 2013, 2014
C/M: 2016
C/P: 2015, 2017
C/I: 2018
Voluntario: 2014 - 2019
Yup, the design, immediately above is the original LTFit design fro several years ago. I just checked my personal copy. Ok, maybe they are NOT so unique anymore. But, they are only available here.

The design is original, and is based on a photograph of the now infamous graffiti on the Camino Frances. The name of the underpass where it appears escapes me, but I can still see it in my mind's eye from my two trips...:rolleyes:

Great job Lee!

Also, there are perhaps 10-12 Camino specific designs now available. Until recently, they were only available when in Spain, and possibly Portugal. However, I discovered that the international Buff Wear site offers SOME of these these designs online:

http://www.buffwear.com/new-ss18-adult-headwear/ss18-camino-santiago-collection

Ivar offers many of these designs in the Casa Ivar shop, including designs not available from Buffwear.com The prices are the same and Ivar ships worldwide.

Hope this helps.

Silver Oxide Camino de Santiago pendent
Camino de Santiago pendant that has a shell on the front, and "Camino de Santiago" engraved on the back. Comes with a black cord. Pendent is slightly larger than a 50 euro cent coin, about 25mm.
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.

LTfit

Veteran Member
Interesting thing is that I had been ordering the Camino de Santiago Graffiti special design Buff for Forum members and Friends of the Camino groups for about 3 years when Buff decided to bring out their own versions. I can't help but wonder if they got the idea from me as I had ordered 100's over the years.
Maybe just a coincidence :)

jungleboy

Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
Português 2020
Bumping an old topic. Junglegirl lost her beloved camino buff a few days ago - the blue 'peregrino' one, the same as the one Camino Chris posted a picture of a few posts up. It seems like it's out of stock everywhere now (including at the forum shop) - anyone have any tips for where to buy it online, preferably that can ship to Portugal by Christmas?!

Edit: Found one at buffmalta.com.

Last edited:

Camino Chrissy

Take one step forward...then keep on walking..
Frances 2015;
Norte/Primitivo 2016;
Frances 2017;
Le Puy 2018;
Portuguese/FishermanTr. 2019
Glad you found her a replacement buff, Jungleboy, but it's a bummer for me...I was gonna offer mine up for sale... $100 US and was hoping you'd bite since it's Christmas and the perfect gift! ;) :D:p