• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A nice documentary on the Geira e dos Arrieiros way

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
wow, it looks stunning, that is a serious, professional documentary, indeed!

I only have time to look at a few minutes of this, but I will look later. I think Nick and Wendy walked this, recently...
I quote from something I read earlier this morning, as I think it captures my sense of the wonder of touching the earth... and the footsteps of those who have gone before us!
I know I have only walked a few caminos, but this confirms my sense that if I were to re-walk a camino, it would be the Portuguese. This time, with more awareness of what each footprint means.

It is a very wonderful thing to read the insights of those who lived many centuries before us. We can do so because of the scholarship of countless people through the centuries. It is said that we stand on the shoulders of those who have gone before. Often, I think, we only cling to their coat-tails. I love to quote them, because it makes clear that we stand in an ancient tradition and the insights of all the ages are ours to have, as far as we are capable of them. T.S. Eliot wrote, “There never was a time, I believe, when those who read at all read so many more books by living authors than books by dead authors; there never was a time so completely parochial, so shut off from the past.“ And we tend to assume that we know better than all who have gone before us. To read an ancient author is to make a bid to escape from our bubble.
:extract from Donagh O'Shea, commentary on scripture reading.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Yes we did, this June. Looking forward to watching the documentary!
I stole half an hour from my desk time this morning to watch half of it! I did not pay much attention to the nuts and bolts of your account, but now, hmm! It would depend a lot on the possibility of accessible accommodation. So far, a pure delight of a camino...the language difficulty makes no difference, at this juncture of just looking.

It would depend a lot on the possibility of accessible accommodation.
There is accessible accommodation. There's only one albergue, and planning a day or two ahead is definitely helpful, but we didn't have accommodation problems on this camino. This is where we stayed (which I have posted elsewhere but will paste here for convenience):

Caldelas: There’s an albergue in Caldelas with 16 beds. It’s €5/bed and we are the only ones here so we’ll take a ‘double room’ for €10!

Campo do Gerês: We are at the HI youth hostel although it’s a bit far from the village and at €39 for a room without bathroom even after a pilgrim discount, it’s not as cheap as it should be. Albergaria Stop is better located, has a restaurant and charges €45 for a double, so in hindsight that would have been the better option.

Os Baños: PR As Termas in Os Baños has comfortable double rooms for €40 right across from the springs.

Castro Laboreiro: Hotel Castrum Villae, a 3-star hotel for a very reasonable €42/double with a hair dryer for our soaking shoes!

Cortegada: Casa do Conde is a nice ‘Hotel Rústico’ that has good-value rooms at €35 with a pilgrim discount and a choice of two different stamps.

Ribadavia: Pension Evencio (Garden Lodge) has simple double rooms for €29 and a decent attached restaurant. It’s a 15-minute walk north of the historic centre, though, so maybe @Isca-camigo's suggestion of the Hotel Caracas (marked as a Restaurant on Google Maps) would have been a better choice.

Feás: A Forno do Curro is a Casa Rural just outside Feás that has a tiny room out the back with two beds for pilgrims for €25.

Soutelo de Montes: Pension San Roque has double rooms for €30 (singles for €18). The accommodation is down the street from the restaurant of the same name, which you’ll reach first and is where you need to check in.

Codeseda: The Casas Rurales Casa O Avó and Casa O Palomar are run by the same owner, Francisco. We have a very comfortable room/apartment for €40, which must include a large pilgrim discount. Highly recommended!

Rarís: Casa Taberna Mella in Rarís is run by a lovely Galego/Brazilian couple and we had a great meal and conversation here. The only issue is that it’s a bit pricey at €25/p for a room with shared bathroom.

Average: €17/p/n

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
There is accessible accommodation. There's only one albergue, and planning a day or two ahead is definitely helpful, but we didn't have accommodation problems on this camino. This is where we stayed (which I have posted elsewhere but will paste here for convenience):

Caldelas: There’s an albergue in Caldelas with 16 beds. It’s €5/bed and we are the only ones here so we’ll take a ‘double room’ for €10!

Campo do Gerês: We are at the HI youth hostel although it’s a bit far from the village and at €39 for a room without bathroom even after a pilgrim discount, it’s not as cheap as it should be. Albergaria Stop is better located, has a restaurant and charges €45 for a double, so in hindsight that would have been the better option.

Os Baños: PR As Termas in Os Baños has comfortable double rooms for €40 right across from the springs.

Castro Laboreiro: Hotel Castrum Villae, a 3-star hotel for a very reasonable €42/double with a hair dryer for our soaking shoes!

Cortegada: Casa do Conde is a nice ‘Hotel Rústico’ that has good-value rooms at €35 with a pilgrim discount and a choice of two different stamps.

Ribadavia: Pension Evencio (Garden Lodge) has simple double rooms for €29 and a decent attached restaurant. It’s a 15-minute walk north of the historic centre, though, so maybe @Isca-camigo's suggestion of the Hotel Caracas (marked as a Restaurant on Google Maps) would have been a better choice.

Feás: A Forno do Curro is a Casa Rural just outside Feás that has a tiny room out the back with two beds for pilgrims for €25.

Soutelo de Montes: Pension San Roque has double rooms for €30 (singles for €18). The accommodation is down the street from the restaurant of the same name, which you’ll reach first and is where you need to check in.

Codeseda: The Casas Rurales Casa O Avó and Casa O Palomar are run by the same owner, Francisco. We have a very comfortable room/apartment for €40, which must include a large pilgrim discount. Highly recommended!

Rarís: Casa Taberna Mella in Rarís is run by a lovely Galego/Brazilian couple and we had a great meal and conversation here. The only issue is that it’s a bit pricey at €25/p for a room with shared bathroom.

Average: €17/p/n
You are so prompt, and detailed! I will have to forward this to my walking companion if there is to be a possibility in the not too distant future! She is the brains behind our caminos. I just go along and moan when my feet are sore!

I would love to do this route now, but the problem for me is that I must be one of the rare adult residents in Spain who doesn't have their vaccinations - not even one. Not by choice, I want to! According to my town's medical centre, there's no spot for me until January, maybe even later. At this point in Spain we've moved on to vaccinating young children.

So although I could enter Portugal and in fact I have to go in a few days to Lisbon for work reasons with a negative test result, the Covid passport restrictions (which I agree with) means that I won't be able to enter restaurants, hotels etc. I could take my beloved tent (?) and camp out. I personally think it's better to wait until next year when I have all of my shots and it's less cold.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Quickly flashing through the video it looks beautiful
I would love to see a subtitled version of it.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back