• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A personal appeal to the Camino 'community'

gollygolly

Time of past OR future Camino
2000/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/2021/22/23
With a personal belief that there is power in collective thought and prayer, I reach out to each of you, fellow travellers along the journey of life where we have shared in the healing and gifts of the Camino, and to ask that you send positive energy and thoughts for Pia Isabella, the most amazing of people and an honour to know as a daughter.

The recent struggles of young Pia with anorexia have led her to be admitted today to the eating disorder clinic of a hospital, which has a very strong and positive reputation. While having tremendous confidence in the clinical team at the hospital, would also like to reach out and call on each of you to hold positive healing thoughts for Pia and her recovery.

The love for Santiago de Compestela for Pia began with her first visit there, where she celebrated her 4th birthday. That love led her to walking the Camino Ingles during her 8th year, and several further walks since, during which she has had multiple experiences of the wonderful 'magic' that the Camino and all associated with the Camino brings.

Anything in the way of healing energy and thoughts that you can give will be so welcome and so appreciated.

So many thanks.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I wish her a positive outcome from her treatment at the hospital and a successful recovery from her eating disorder. Please reassure her that people care about her and want her to get back to good health.

Thanks so much and very appreciated

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Please convey to Pia my best wishes and hopes of a speedy recovery.

Please convey to Pia my best wishes and hopes of a speedy recovery.

Your best wishes are so appreciated - thank you

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
With a personal belief that there is power in collective thought and prayer, I reach out to each of you, fellow travellers along the journey of life where we have shared in the healing and gifts of the Camino, and to ask that you send positive energy and thoughts for Pia Isabella, the most amazing of people and an honour to know as a daughter.

The recent struggles of young Pia with anorexia have led her to be admitted today to the eating disorder clinic of a hospital, which has a very strong and positive reputation. While having tremendous confidence in the clinical team at the hospital, would also like to reach out and call on each of you to hold positive healing thoughts for Pia and her recovery.

The love for Santiago de Compestela for Pia began with her first visit there, where she celebrated her 4th birthday. That love led her to walking the Camino Ingles during her 8th year, and several further walks since, during which she has had multiple experiences of the wonderful 'magic' that the Camino and all associated with the Camino brings.

Anything in the way of healing energy and thoughts that you can give will be so welcome and so appreciated.

So many thanks.
Pia’s name is in my prayer list now.

Please pass on my best wishes to Pia for a positive recovery process Maggie

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I will pray for her now and during my camino this May.

This means so much to me and to Pia - thank you, and we wish you well on your own Camino in May

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Will absolutely pray for her. Please update us when possible. 💕🙏

Your thoughts and prayers are really appreciated and very valued, and will post an update once she is 'released'. The recovery for Pia is probably going to be long with the real first steps being taken today with admission. The decline has been rapid, beginning with weight loss at the very end of January and needing to be admitted to hospital today.

Pia and you are in my prayers.
I hope she will feel the love and healing thoughts from her fellow peregrinos and peregrinas.

So very appreciated - my truly heartfelt thanks to you and all for your thoughts and prayers

Please pass on my best wishes to Pia for a positive recovery process Maggie

Bless you Maggie - it means much to us

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Pia Isabella - You have a wonderful mother by the looks of it and dozens, if not hundreds of us, wishing you a speedy recovery in many different ways.

Just like the Camino, there will be some easy days ahead , and difficult days as well. The important thing at the end of every day, difficult or easy, is to find in yourself something that strengthens you for the days ahead.

There will be some ups and some downs, some setbacks and some surprises but by putting one foot in front of the other, over and over, and over some more, and then some more again, just like when walking a Camino, we know you are going to make your recovery and do your self proud.

You are surrounded by people who want to help, just like on a Camino and on this forum, know that you are surrounded by people who want you to know that you are firmly in their thoughts and prayers.

We know its a struggle Pia but we believe in you and we hope to meet you on a Camino some time in the future.

To echo VNwalking above - Heartfelt Buen Camino peregrina!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What a beautiful photo. Pia is not only a dual pilgrim, but at triple one - this inner journey she is on right now being the third.
She is on my list for prayers of well-wishing.
Heartfelt buen camino, peregrina!

Thank you and what an uplifting message about Pia on the third pilgrimage of the inner journey - with her own determination and the loving energy, thoughts and prayers of caring people such as yourself I am trusting that Pia will emerge and return to health

€83,-
Wishing the best for Pia. There are many more Caminos for her to walk.

Many thanks David - and we are so hoping that following a return to health that the next Camino leading to Santiago will be the Portugues

Pia Isabella - You have a wonderful mother by the looks of it and dozens, if not hundreds of us, wishing you a speedy recovery in many different ways.

Just like the Camino, there will be some easy days ahead , and difficult days as well. The important thing at the end of every day, difficult or easy, is to find in yourself something that strengthens you for the days ahead.

There will be some ups and some downs, some setbacks and some surprises but by putting one foot in front of the other, over and over, and over some more, and then some more again, just like when walking a Camino, we know you are going to make your recovery and do your self proud.

You are surrounded by people who want to help, just like on a Camino and on this forum, know that you are surrounded by people who want you to know that you are firmly in their thoughts and prayers.

We know its a struggle Pia but we believe in you and we hope to meet you on a Camino some time in the future.

To echo VNwalking above - Heartfelt Buen Camino peregrina!

Good morning Walton and feeling so moved by your message that I am personally totally choked-up as I write this. A heart-felt thanks to you and all in this community for the care and love that helps us feel so fortified at this time of facing such a challenging uphill stretch. Pia has confronted and surmounted tremendous Camino challenges, including deep snow on the Camino San Salvador that we walked in March 2016

May the love from all Camino pilgrim reach you, may your angel keep you safe and may God bring you the healing you need.
It is with intense warmth and heartfelt love that I send you, Pia Isabella all my wishes to return to good health. Miracle's happen, surrender to God
My little one.. ask him and he will listen..
May you live to walk more Camino.. with all best wishes, Stefystar.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

So many thanks.
My thoughts and prayers are with Pia Isabella and her family. Anorexia affects the whole family and I understand how wretched you all must be feeling.

May the love from all Camino pilgrim reach you, may your angel keep you safe and may God bring you the healing you need.
It is with intense warmth and heartfelt love that I send you, Pia Isabella all my wishes to return to good health. Miracle's happen, surrender to God
My little one.. ask him and he will listen..
May you live to walk more Camino.. with all best wishes, Stefystar.

What a beautiful and warm message of support which is so very appreciated. Thanks and thanks again.

Please give her my best wishes and thoughts.

I will be seeing her at visiting time later this afternoon and giving your, along with the others, all these kind messages of support - yours and the others are so appreciated and so welcomed. Thank you.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
#PrayersForPia going up. Dios te bendiga

As with all the thoughts and prayers received, yours is very welcomed and a tremendous source of support in this personally difficult time. Many thanks indeed and blessings for you and those you know and cherish.

Prayers and miracles for Pia.

Thank you Chris, and also thinking of you about to set out on your own Camino - wishing you the best of experiences, which I am very confident it will be.

My thoughts and prayers are with Pia Isabella and her family. Anorexia affects the whole family and I understand how wretched you all must be feeling.

You are so understanding in writing abut how Anorexia affects the whole family and how wretched we are all feeling. The messages being received, including your own, are a tremendous support, and when I yesterday read some of the messages, the tears flowed from her and myself at the kindness and shared closeness of the Camino community. The kindness and love is so felt and so important. Thank you for your post and yur understanding.

I hope Pia feels strengthened by the love and prayers flying her way from so many parts of the world. Mine come to you both from Nova Scotia, on Canada's Atlantic coast. So many Camino angels help support us on the hard parts of our the path.

I hope Pia feels strengthened by the love and prayers flying her way from so many parts of the world. Mine come to you both from Nova Scotia, on Canada's Atlantic coast. So many Camino angels help support us on the hard parts of our the path.

Not that I ever doubted the tremendous power of prayer, but never in my life have I felt such an enormous and urgent need for the combined and caring support of a wider community, and the messages and sentiments from the worldwide Camino community on this forum and beyond, which includes yours from the east of Canada have a value that is so enormous it is impossible to put into words. Thanks so much Hobbyhorse, very appreciated.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

So many thanks.
🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

For Pia
May the gentle light and warmth of the Angel who guards you, surround and sustain you in body, soul and spirit.

Chinacat - so many thanks for your supportive words and thoughts which are very appreciated and valued.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
I was looking at the wisepilgrim app for the Frances route and noticed that the distances don't always add up from one side to the other. Has anyone else noticed this? Am I being overly observant...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back