• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A pilgrim was attacked by a robber

Mirabelle Lee

Time of past OR future Camino
French way (Sep-Oct. 2013)
French way(09. Feb-24. Mar. 2017)
Dear. All

As the title I wrote, I read a post that a Korean woman ran into a robber on last Friday when she walked to Los Arcos from Estella.

There was only 10 Euro in her pants pocket so she gave it to him but he didn't let her go and he forced her to push into a cave but she pretended not to understand what he said.
And she tried to put off time until someone came there.
Finally, two Korean men were approaching them.
But he covered her mouth by his hand and she bited his fingers to shout.
When the two Koreans found them, he ran away but his blood remained her jacket and she gave the jacket to the police office to request a DNA test.

I heard the news through a post in Korea Camino community and pilgrims who are planning the camino alone are worry about their safety.

I also start to camino on Feb from SJPP alone.
I couldn't cancel anything at this moment because I already paid for too much money so I decided to just do it!

Burglary affairs happen every year (especially winter season) so please be careful and never walk alone and always look forward and afterward if there is someone walk with me.
If there is no one, please wait for someone until he/she comes.

Buen Camino!!!

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hi Mirabelle,
Thanks for sharing this information with us. I'm sure that the story has caused concern among Korean pilgrims, especially those planning their first Camino. It's so unfair that this pilgrim had to suffer such an ordeal. She seems to have handled it brilliantly, but I'm sure that's no consolation to her.

You're right that this type of incident can happen anywhere and I'm delighted that you're going ahead with your Camino. I've always felt safer on the Camino than in other places that I visit, but it's still important to be vigilant and to always report suspicious incidents to the police.

Wishing you safe travels and a Buen Camino. Just two weeks to go - I'm sure you're very excited!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi Mirabelle, I hope this doesn't affect your enjoyment of your Camino too much, from what I can see this kind of thing is still rare and as long as you're careful I'm sure you will be safe. Good luck and Buen Camino!! :) Mark

ALSO in general....

I would like to add that I find the advice to carry a couple of hundred Euros in cash troubling.

I understand that all transactions are in cash so it is necessary but any potential robber who has a basic knowledge of the Camino will know this too. A significant proportion of the pilgrims are either older, perhaps already retired or single females and both groups present a relatively soft target and some easy money with little risk for the perpetrator. Out of habit I never carry more than 40 quid or so here at home (most of the time I'm completely cashless) so I don't really like the idea of carrying up to 200EUR and I'm NOT a soft target (1.87m, 100kg and if I don't shave for a day I look like an axe-murderer). It would be useful if the albergues would accept card payments/NFC-tap'n'pay or at least something like a PayPal transfer.

I have often wondered how people like Mirabelle feel... there are things available to buy in mainland Europe and the US which are not legal to carry here in the UK- mace/pepper spray, rape alarms etc and I wonder if something like that would perhaps give a degree of comfort/reassurance to a pilgrim walking alone as well as buying a few vital minutes if the unthinkable happens.

BC!! :)

Last edited:
Hope you will not cancel your trip, or that it will ruin your hopes of the Camino. Make arrangements with people to have an eye out for you and stay in shouting distance of somebody on long stretches, if you are apprehensive of any danger.
It is obvious there always will be predatory male scumbags wherever you are in the world !

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We note the OP indicates that the incident was reported to the police.
Normally, police reports in Spain are quickly covered in local and national news sources such as newspapers.
Many of our members keep watch on Spanish news.
Has anyone seen this incident reported?

We are, of course, very concerned about any report of this type....but caution is requested until the incident can be confirmed.
At the moment we only have a third person report.

Please use restraint when posting until confirmation is received.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Hi Mirabelle, I hope this doesn't affect your enjoyment of your Camino too much, from what I can see this kind of thing is still rare and as long as you're careful I'm sure you will be safe. Good luck and Buen Camino!! :) Mark

ALSO in general....

I would like to add that I find the advice to carry a couple of hundred Euros in cash troubling.

I understand that all transactions are in cash so it is necessary but any potential robber who has a basic knowledge of the Camino will know this too. A significant proportion of the pilgrims are either older, perhaps already retired or single females and both groups present a relatively soft target and some easy money with little risk for the perpetrator. Out of habit I never carry more than 40 quid or so here at home (most of the time I'm completely cashless) so I don't really like the idea of carrying up to 200EUR and I'm NOT a soft target (1.87m, 100kg and if I don't shave for a day I look like an axe-murderer). It would be useful if the albergues would accept card payments/NFC-tap'n'pay or at least something like a PayPal transfer.

I have often wondered how people like Mirabelle feel... there are things available to buy in mainland Europe and the US which are not legal to carry here in the UK- mace/pepper spray, rape alarms etc and I wonder if something like that would perhaps give a degree of comfort/reassurance to a pilgrim walking alone as well as buying a few vital minutes if the unthinkable happens.

The advice of carrying a couple of hundred euro is probably because of the distances at times, between ATM machines on the Camino Frances (can't speak for the other routes). Not many of the smaller, rural villages along the CF have them, and most albergues (at least from what I saw) are cash only. Same with the cafes and restaurants. Using credit cards is impractical in those instances.
I usually carried about 200-300 euros with me all the time, and the wallet never left my person. Again, like you, I'm not a soft target (6'1" 225 lbs). I'm not as spry as I used to be, but someone's gonna have a hard time taking my bread by force. The crooks know this and unfortunately like hyenas, scope out the vulnerable.
From my observation the Camino, overall is very safe, but utopia it ain't. There has always been those on it who hope to take advantage of pilgrims. Kept the Knights Templar busy protecting the routes in the early days I suppose.
I definitely believe that women walking it alone, should always stay within sight of fellow pilgrims, or find a walking partner(s).

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Since Denise Thiem's tragedy I ave started walking with a powerful whistle attached to the front of my backpack. Not so much to alert others, especially since I have lately walked Caminos where one only sees another pilgrim a few times a day, but to discourage a possible attacker, because he doesn't know if I have friends a few 100 meters behind me.

Also, regarding cash, I can see why a thief would not be content with 10 € and insist on more. A great trick learned here is no carry old/expired credit cards or loyalty program cards to hand over with a bit of cash.

I don't really like the idea of carrying up to 200EUR
If I am robbed sometime, I won't really care if I lose 10 Euros or 200. Maybe the thieves will go away faster if they get 200 rather than 10. In fact, I carry 20-40 in my daily stash, and put the rest away where it is less likely to get pickpocketed or (more likely) lost.

I try to minimize the frequency that I need to use a bank machine (which means taking out a larger amount less often) and be very aware of my surroundings, as that's when I think I am most vulnerable. I also try to withdraw cash the day before, rather than right before leaving town and heading out into a lonely area.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Since Denise Thiem's tragedy I ave started walking with a powerful whistle attached to the front of my backpack. Not so much to alert others, especially since I have lately walked Caminos where one only sees another pilgrim a few times a day, but to discourage a possible attacker, because he doesn't know if I have friends a few 100 meters behind me.

Also, regarding cash, I can see why a thief would not be content with 10 € and insist on more. A great trick learned here is no carry old/expired credit cards or loyalty program cards to hand over with a bit of cash.

Olá Anemone del Camino, thank you for mentioning to carry a powerful whistle. This tiny little thing can help you in so many ways. As I wrote once, in foggy weather or other bad conditions, it could be heared from miles away - alerting and calling for help, or just to discourage bad guys.

Have a safe caminho, Rainer

If true.....that is called a "mugging" and it happens everywhere on Earth, particularly when people are alone.
Best defense......stay reasonably close to other walkers in the remote settings!

Overall, about as safe a walk as you will find.....please enjoy !
Buen Camino

I would say always trust your gut, if something doesn't feel right it probably isn't.
Whilst traversing through Burgos (sadly I couldn't stop as the albergues were full ) I stopped at a cashpoint and withdraw €150 as I knew I wouldn't find one this side of fromista... as I was exiting the busy city 2 locals on bikes cut across my path and stopped a few metres short of me, staring intently, I think nothing of it and continue on my way a little while later they cut across my path again, this time I am in a quieter suburb woth only a couple of others around, and I quickly rush past, as I go abit further I saw them a third time, this time at the end of the road in the direction I'm walking, at this point I turned on my heels and walked quickly back to the city... by this point it was 7pm and Tardajos, my next possibility of an albergue was 10km away so I made the difficult but wise decision to get a taxi there, costing 20 euros but potentially saving me 130.... Be safe Peregrino's!! Beun camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Strange! This is the second "Asian woman" I have heard attacked on the Camino. There was an American Asian woman attacked a while back.
More than that. There was also a post regarding a robbery on the last 100km a year or two ago.
If true.....that is called a "mugging" and it happens everywhere on Earth, particularly when people are alone.
Best defense......stay reasonably close to other walkers in the remote settings!

Overall, about as safe a walk as you will find.....please enjoy !
Buen Camino
What do you say to the @peregrina2000 of the world who walk alone on the lesser routes if this should happen to them? Let's not blame the victim. We all know we take risks when walking alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for posting that Mirabelle. OK, well that all seems pretty genuine to me...one statement says the attacker had a knife and other reports now being released say it was a sexual attack as well as an attempted robbery... She's lucky she managed to end the incident by biting the assailant. I'm sure the Camino is very safe for women and in general, the fear of crime is always greater than the actual risk of crime (unless you live in Rio or Jo'berg) but if my sister was walking the Camino alone at this time of the year, I'd be sure she's carrying a pepper spray (if legal) and an alarm/whistle...if only to reduce her own fear of crime.

I agree with Mirabelle's caution too, it's common sense that things might be a little riskier at this time of year, I presume during the summer it's too busy, too many people around and not enough separation between pilgrims on the trail to enable the commission of a crime and subsequent successful getaway. In winter there probably aren't enough 'soft target' pilgrims to make it worth while standing around in the cold for hours waiting for a suitable victim. In the early spring and late autumn however, the weather might be warm enough to enable waiting in a bush/behind a tree etc for a few hours and there might be enough 'soft target' pilgrims but still few enough pilgrims in general to allow them to work unhindered and to get away, criminals are humans too, they don't like the cold and they don't like jail :)

Mark Lee's advice is good, I would add that if you do find yourself alone out in the country or in a quiet deserted part of a town and you are a 'softer target' than someone like him... consider this advice, which I would give to my sister (who is an anxious traveller)... don't wear headphones/listen to music, walk quietly (ie don't walk along singing at the top of your voice or whistling etc), look ahead, behind and around occasionally, when you stop to take a drink of water also listen for anything suspicious for a second or two (footsteps or people talking that suddenly stops just after you did)...try to use the corner of your eye to see what's around you, glancing in shop windows etc can help. We subconsciously collect a lot of information from our ears and our peripheral vision, try to harness some of that. Your 'gut instinct' is often of product of this collected information, learn to trust it. No need to be paranoid but being aware of what's going on around you won't cost you anything and won't detract from your experience, obviously if you're in a group you don't need to bother thinking about this.

C Clearly's advice is also good, cash machines may well be watched so getting your money out before you head to the albergue is useful, as is applying a degree of vigilance around cash machines full stop (if anyone says you dropped some money while at an ATM, ignore them). However, C Clearly although you might be philosophical about the loss of 'only' a couple of hundred Euros, it's a fortune to me and my upcoming Camino. I'm afraid I would defend 500EUR or a fiver with equal tenacity so I certainly hope I don't run into anyone unsavoury :)

I understand why cash is used everywhere Mark, it's the same reason a lot of small town/rural Italy, Portugal and Greece is cash only too- it's a political/cultural hot potato.

PeregrinoRobUK, yes I'm always a bit more alert when I see a few people people on bicycles loitering... if they're following you well, expect trouble and of course get that taxi asap every time!

270,000 certified pilgrims per year in Northern Spain, all walking on clearly defined routes, all carrying a few hundred euros each in cash at any one time... that's quite a bit of 'chum' in the water and is bound to attract at least a few sharks... :)

Last edited:
As a woman I will not let anyone tell me to be afraid and be overly cautious. I will not let myself be defined as a " soft target ".
I will not take pepper spray either.

Ah please just let us all use common sense!!

I can't speak for anyone else who has provided advice, but mine is aimed at anyone not particularly women. If you read carefully what I've written, I am saying that people do not need to have any fear of crime, I am advising people to just be a little bit more aware if they are alone, it's how I travel in general and it would seem being aware saved PeregrinoRobUK's bacon too at least once on the Camino.

I'm not telling anyone to carry pepper spray, I'm just saying I'd get some for my sister. You might not like the term 'soft target' but a small woman or older/elderly less mobile person travelling alone is of course going to appear as an easier proposition for a criminal compared to someone like Mark who is 1.85m, 102kg and willing to physically defend himself, that's just how it is. Define yourself however you like :)

Last edited:
and there is also the option of just plain hauling ass....
If possible, run away from the threat and you have to do that immediately. Even if it means jettisoning your pack off your body and leaving it behind. Run away and make a lot of noise while doing it. Keep running until you find somewhere safe and can locate assistance.
I'm not above discretion being the better part of valor. A couple of animals wave a shank or gun at me while on the Camino and want my money? You got it bro. Take it and sort through it while you see the back of my heels going away. You got me that time. Wish we had been on even odds, but you got me.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
One of the concerns of the Korean Camino Association is that a number of Korean pilgrims carry large (as in, a thousand or so euro) sums of cash, and that this is a well-known fact. They are trying to communicate to Korean pilgrims that it is better to carry only small sums of cash with them. They maintain an office in Madrid to welcome and assist Korean pilgrims, very few of whom speak Spanish.

We note the OP indicates that the incident was reported to the police.
Normally, police reports in Spain are quickly covered in local and national news sources such as newspapers.
Many of our members keep watch on Spanish news.
Has anyone seen this incident reported?
Please use restraint when posting until confirmation is received. Thanks for your cooperation.
Hola @grayland - a couple of good ideas - from the report it appears that the offender has teeth bite marks on a couple of fingers. Should make it a lot easier for the local police to identify him. How serious will the local police take this assault? They may even know who he is.
Also agree about moderating our posts - compassion for our fellow pilgrim - but no histrionics.
Hopefully our pilgrim will continue.
I know a number of pilgrims - both female and male prefer to walk alone - but maybe its better to at least walk with other pilgrims "in view". Cheers

One of the concerns of the Korean Camino Association is that a number of Korean pilgrims carry large (as in, a thousand or so euro) sums of cash, and that this is a well-known fact. They are trying to communicate to Korean pilgrims that it is better to carry only small sums of cash with them. They maintain an office in Madrid to welcome and assist Korean pilgrims, very few of whom speak Spanish.

You are spot on in that comment. It is a well known fact that many cultures do not trusts banks and/or use credit cards so they carry larger amounts of cash. (There was a report on the VDLP a couple of years back of a Korean woman (2 maybe) who had 2000 Euro stolen from their backpacks.) Maybe the Korean Camino Association could approach the Pilgrim Office in St Jean (and maybe a couple of the larger Albergues in Pamplona and elsewhere) about publishing notices warning Korean pilgrims to be careful especially in isolated areas or when carrying more than 100 Euros. Cheers

Not exactly what i hoped to see on my first visit to the group.
I'm planning a trip in September alone
Female ?????

Shaz17,

Welcome to,the Forum.

There is not a chance you will be alone on the stretch the Camino feom sarria fo Santiago you are planning on, even if you are a very good girl and pray for it bery very hard. It will be filled with people, bicycles, scooters, and perhaps a unicycle. Ok, no unicycle, but loads of people. Take a deap breath and enjoy yourself.

Female ?????
Don't let this thread about a negative (and rare) criminal incident on the Camino concern you too much, but no doubt use a common sense approach to your personal safety (and theft prevention of your valuables) while walking and staying in albergues, etc.
You will see a lot of pilgrims in September. Doubt if you will be alone much.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Female ?????
I'm sorry but I didn't intend yo to give any negetive impression of your first camino.
Based on my experiance, I walked on Sep and it is the saftest season to do because there are pretty many ppl on the road.
so robbers cant have any chance to attack pilgrims.
But winter season, it is pretty difficult to meet pilgrims so I heard pilgrims stay albergue alone sometimes.
That's why I advised to the pilgrims in the winter.
But! I'm sure it is safer than other cities normally and I enjoyed camino before.
So don't worry too much.
Buen Camino.

Last edited:
I'm a Korean American living in the USA for very long years and I'm sorry to see what has happened to those Korean pilgrims on the way. You are right that most Korean generally carry quite a large amount
of cash. They are quite frequent soft target even in the USA. Try to use your credit card as often as possible and carry least amount of cash as possible. I heard it is generally very safe on the entire camino and enjoy as much as possible, I also stress that the camino walking is your pilgrim duty even though you're not in the medieval time. It's not your vacation time I think. I have read the "The way My way" by Bill Bennet from Australia and author quoted often "What Would Pilgrims do?" throughout the entire book. Don't worry and be happy on the Camino de Santiago. Buen Camino! I'm not religious at all.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Thank you for posting these links, @Mirabelle Lee. I am relieved to read that the peregrina is safe and hope that she gets all the support needed. I understand from these links that someone from Madrid (an albergue supported by the South Corean camino association?) helped via telephone with translating for the local police on the Camino Frances.
Yes. he is who you mentioned and helped her to report to the police office.

Hi All, I'm from South Africa and things get very scary here from time to time. When I walked the Way in 2014 I felt very safe. We are always alert in South Africa because of crime. Be alert, it's my only piece of advice. The Camino is a wonderful place where you can connect with God, your fellow man and nature.

Seems that there is another message here.

If you are walking in a group of 2+, invite any solitary walkers to walk with you, or within sight.

If you are walking by yourself, ( often for very good reasons ) , try to walk within sight of others.

I appreciate that this is not always possible, and individuals will often assess their potential target over time and choose their moment. Perhaps a message there is to be also be vigilant / observant. Encouraging to see that most feel the Camino (on all its routes) is considered to be relatively safe.

Shaz17,

Welcome to,the Forum.

There is not a chance you will be alone on the stretch the Camino feom sarria fo Santiago you are planning on, even if you are a very good girl and pray for it bery very hard. It will be filled with people, bicycles, scooters, and perhaps a unicycle. Ok, no unicycle, but loads of people. Take a deap breath and enjoy yourself.
Thank uou

Don't let this thread about a negative (and rare) criminal incident on the Camino concern you too much, but know doubt use a common sense approach to your personal safety (and theft prevention of your valuables) while walking and staying in albergues, etc.
You will see a lot of pilgrims in September. Doubt if you will be alone much.
Thank you

I'm sorry but I didn't intend yo to give any negetive impression of your first camino.
Based on my experiance, I walked on Sep and it is the saftest season to do because there are pretty many ppl on the road.
so robbers cant have any chance to attack pilgrims.
But winter season, it is pretty difficult to meet pilgrims so I heard pilgrims stay albergue alone sometimes.
That's why I advised to the pilgrims in the winter.
But! I'm sure it is safer than other cities normally and I enjoyed camino before.
So don't worry too much.
Buen Camino.
Thank you

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Sad news, thanks for sharing.

Although we have our disproportionate share of pickpockets in cities like Barcelona and Madrid, Thankfully Spain is considered a safe country; or at least 'a safe' as Any other western European country. There are very few, if any, places in big cities or towns where tourists should not venture, and rural Spain is as calm as it comes. There are no express kidnappings, drug cartels, local terrorists, corrupt police (at least not regarding tourists), and violent crime is very rare.

However, Spain, and by default the Camino, is a real country with real people; the vast majority wonderful and some bad apples. Thankfully, the proportion of bad apples is almost insignificant. But they are there, like anywhere else.

And where pilgrims from abroad may consider their town safe yet are cautious at certain times and places, then a similar attitude may be warranted on the Camino.

The Camino is safe, perhaps as safe as it will ever be. It is also not a theme park walled in with security personnel, it crosses a country with all that country's beauty, goodness and problems.

Thany you again OP for your post.

Reading some of this advice, I am wondering.... I am planning to walk the CP from Porto, and on to Muxia on my own starting the beginning of May. Since I am over 70 and small, I suppose I look like a "soft target." I understand that fewer pilgrims take this route, and know from my experience last year on the CF that I walk more slowly than practically anybody, so I don't think there will be others I can walk with. Should I be worried?

Reading some of this advice, I am wondering.... I am planning to walk the CP from Porto, and on to Muxia on my own starting the beginning of May. Since I am over 70 and small, I suppose I look like a "soft target." I understand that fewer pilgrims take this route, and know from my experience last year on the CF that I walk more slowly than practically anybody, so I don't think there will be others I can walk with. Should I be worried?

Really do not worry. In numbers the Portugues is the second most popular Caminoroute.
And May is a month with many festivity days in Europe so more people en route.
Be aware though about heavy traffic on the roads.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
This is sad as always violence against anyone makes you think. The way the woman dealt with the situation was amazing! many women including myself freeze. I'm 54 have had a stroke and plan on walking the CF alone. I've taken self-defense to train a trainer. We were taught to make 1) noise scream shout etc, 2) resist such as sit down to avoid being taken anywhere 3) fight back using fingernails, kicking, biting etc. I cannot run. I know myself. I would probably give the person money play ignorant like I don't understand and try to keep walking. It's not in my nature to physically fight. This being said even though I'm a "soft target" I will not be afraid to make this journey. I hope my fellow travelers keep each other in sight and aid if need arises. Maybe Spain needs a resurgence of the Knights Templar to help with safety and money exchange?

Hope you will not cancel your trip, or that it will ruin your hopes of the Camino. Make arrangements with people yo have an eye out for you and stay in shouting distance of somebody on long stretches if you are apprehensive of any danger.
It is obvious there will always be predatory male scumbags wherever you are in the world !
I've come across some female predatory scumbags in my days as well.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
This is scary, yes. Don't let it stop you from this experience. I walked alone this past May 28th to July 4th . Before I left I read all about Denise, and became very worried. It's horrible these things happen....what would be worse is letting it stop you. Leaving you living in fear. I always made sure my cell phone was charged. I purchased a bright orange safety whistle and attached it to the front of my pack.
Take great caution when using bank machines, ensure your not being followed or watched. Don't flash money...place a small amount away from the rest, so true amount carried isn't seen. Don't walk blindly but don't walk in fear. Be aware...and befriend fellow pilgrims. That way you may travel alone but surrounded by caring, thoughtful people. Just GO and have an amazing, memorable experience.
Buen Camino

I am a towering 5' 2"/157cm, 125lbs/59kg, and female. I have walked CF at 39 years first time, 52 years 2014. Never, was I robbed or hurt in any fashion but I was vigilant. I grew up in Los Angeles and currently reside in New York City, so nature and nuture have schooled me to: look, watch, and listen. As long as you keep a sharp eye out you will be just fine. Facing fears is part of the pilgrimage. As an earlier thread stated: Do not allow a very rare, yet sad, incident halt your camino plans.
Buen camino.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms

I purchased a bright orange safety whistle and attached it to the front of my pack.
Buen Camino

I agree with having a whistle for alerting others to an emergency. It would not only be robbery but injury/accidents as well especially where one cannot be seen.

Be safe todos.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
View attachment 31403 I also purchased a bright very visible jacket. Easily seen if used as a flag, which I did to help ambulance find an injured cyclist. Also visible if trying to alert others. It's not the time for jewelry, expensive flashy equipment or clothes.
I keep thinking Ivar would make a killing if he sold high visibility backpack covers A pity the ones the Galicean Government made were just for a photo op.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I keep thinking Ivar would make a killing if he sold high visibility backpack covers A pity the ones the Galicean Government made were just for a photo op.

I thought they already were? I have 3 rucksacks of different sizes, different manufacturers and they all have built in rain covers that are either bright Flourescent Orange or Yellow, one has reflective stripes on it too :)

I thought they already were? I have 3 rucksacks of different sizes, different manufacturers and they all have built in rain covers that are either bright Flourescent Orange or Yellow, one has reflective stripes on it too :)
My current Osprey doesn't come with one, and the fisrt one had a red one :(

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
One problem with high viz pack covers ( for traffic) is that we should be walking facing traffic in most cases.
The pack cover is not visible when facing traffic.
My pack cover is bright orange. If I have to walk any distance on roads I put it on the pack and also hang a high-viz vest from the chest strap. That way I'm visible from both directions.

Thank you for posting! It's always so disheartening to hear about these things happening on the Camino. I hope they catch him...

It's definitely worth keeping on top of the local and Camino news close to the big cities. I walked alone in April-July but stayed near other pilgrims in the big cities.

That'd be cool. Especially if they could use original methods of dealing with the brigands. ;)
Did you mean "chopping off of hands" for those guilty of robbery; and much more permanent treatment for those guilty of murder or rape?? Not sure the EU rules allow for these forms of justice anymore!!

Female ?????

You will be going at a very busy time of year, so the chances of you being alone are very slim. Still, if you feel uncomfortable st any time, ask to walk with a fellow pilgrim as they will understand and will usually be more than obliging. I say usually, because some people truly want to be by alone, so in that case, just always walk with someone within your sight. When my fiancé and I were walking from Astorga to Rabanal, we caught up to a pilgrim named Suzanne who we noticed was making frequent stops. Of course when we caught up to her, we asked if she was okay (something all pilgrims do) and she said she was uncomfortable because a man in front of her kept stopping and looking back at her so she asked if we minded walking with her? Of course we didn't mind and so the three of us had a lovely walk and chatted the whole way. Eventually, we caught up to the man and asked if he was ok and he said yes so we continued on our way. Just trust your gut and stay safe!

Buen Camino!

Hello Mirabelle,
I'm glad to know that you will walk again in February. I can sense that you will be courageous and vigilant. It will be a different camino experience but another great one for you.
I will be on the Camino again this May-June. As I will be with another pilgrim, I will watch out for a lone pilgrim.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Chances are as a single walker you will meet fellow pilgrims very quickly and have as much or little company during your daily walks as you want.
Only if you are very determined to walk alone will this be the case you will find.
If you wish a solitary experience, just keep in a reasonable proximity of other walkers.
I would be highly surprised if the worst should happen that other nearby pilgrims would not come to your aid.
In three years of Camino walking my wife and I have had no issues at all.
My wife would ask me a few times why I turn around and look behind us every so often. I would reply, "Just checking our '6' dear."
Just keep a low level situational awareness and you will be fine.
Spain is very likely a much safer country than where ever you are coming from.

This is very sad but I think it important to emphasize that these types of incidents are very rare and that you're probably safer on the Camino than you are in your home town (especially if you come from the US).

Anabel

I've done quite a bit of traveling and now carry a wallet that contains enough cash for a couple of days along with an old expired credit card and a few business cards. In the event that I am accosted I can simply hand over the wallet and that should satisfy the thief. I started doing this after I was mugged. In major cities like Rome, Barcelona, Madrid and Buenos Aires I stay alert for pickpockets and usually leave what I won't need for the day in the hotel safe. In the cities I mentioned I have enjoyed the experience of a hand going into my pocket and taking away some brochure I had picked up during the day.

For ATMs I look for one that is inside rather than on the street and always stay alert to my surroundings. A final note on ATMs, if you have one of those bad days when you walk off leaving your ATM card in the machine all is not lost. The machines generally will swallow your card and you can go back to the bank with ID they can return it to you. I got to return to Padron from Santiago to get my card. I didn't bother to contact the bank first since I felt that would take more time trying to find the number and getting past the language barrier. I got my card back and managed to have coffee with some pilgrims I knew before jumping back on the bus.

Very sorry such happened. Especially in Los Arcos! I have been there a few times. Being a small town, not much crime.
This is something one would expect in certain parts of Madrid, Seville, large cities. On a back street. Early morning hours i.e. 3 am. And alone on the street.

Again, very surprised that this happened in Los Arcos!

Guess crime of such sorts can happen anywhere. Don't let this incident keeping you, and others, from walking the Camino. The pluses of walking the Camino(s) far out weighs one bad incident.

Only muggings I have heard of have occurred outside of Seville on the Ruta. But,that was a while back.

Even if walking alone check with other walkers to the "status" of the trail. Keep your ears open to any reports of "bad areas" to be careful in. Then when in those areas hook up with others and walk as a group. If possible.

I never walk Caminos at night or super early in the morning.

Whistle is always on me. Hangs from my pack on a "springy" cord. On right shoulder strap. Not in the way. But always there to use if needed.

My plan is to blow whistle very loud and yell for "Jose, Juan, etc" to come catch up. That way first the whistle noise may make the mugger think twice and yelling a name out very loud may have the mugger believing my walking buddies are not far back.

I have a ball less high pitched whistle. Can get in most good hiking stores or boating stores.

Do not recommend the type with ball. Not as loud.

To get a louder sound, put tongue, with mouth closed, on the part you blow into. Then with big blast of air release tongue. Makes one heck of a loud sound. Louder than if used direct, no tongue blocking the pressure for a second or so.

Only thing I heard of and saw personally in Los Arcos was in 2014 all the clothes were stolen from the clothes line in the middle of the night. So people woke up to find their ponchos, shirts, jackets etc gone. Also that same day/night someone took all the food out of the refrigerator.

As many have posted on here: use money belt. Keep passport from home country under shirt. Hanging by cord around neck. Never leave your valuables out in hostels. Even take valuables to the shower with you. Etc.

I keep money in thirds. One third in money belt. One third with passport. Last third divided up in small wallet, in pants pocket, shirt pocket etc. Never take PC or expensive camera. Only take a iPod. Which can be used to check e mail on wifi. Take photos, make notes. Even read books.

Let hope this was one time incident. Not to happen again.

Check on laws regarding defending yourself from a mugger. Heard stories of a guy knocking out, beating up a mugger. Only to find his self in trouble with the law. Real murky waters there. Some countries have laws stating you cannot harm/assault a mugger if you did not fear for life and mugger did not display a weapon.

Biggest thing that concerns me about OP's post is the "trying to force her into a cave." Wonder where that was leading to.

I might be there at that time and was wondering that myself. I'm 68 and this will be my first,camino

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The only time I felt concerned walking by myself (female, 60, very slow walker) from Sarria to SdC (May) was when I couldn't get accommodation in the late afternoon, and had to keep walking.

There was an isolated "foresty"part, and a young man passed me, but nobody else around at all. He kept "appearing" in the distance in front of me and briefly turning around, and I feared the worst.... then realised that he was actually making sure I was OK! I was so grateful.

My jacket (quite long) was hi-vis yellow and red, which I always wore tied around my waist, so it was visible from all four directions.

In one place I was worried about making a large ATM withdrawal, so asked a nearby male pilgrim to stand with me at the ATM, then to walk off with me a little way, as though we were "together", before parting ways.

Female ?????
My husband and I (69 & 71) walked SJPP to SdC Sept 2015 and even if you walk alone there are plenty of perigrinos that time of year. Use common sense and do not worry. Buen camino!

Hi Shaz17..... I just joined this forum as I too am planning a trip to hike the Camino this September. I am a woman and will be traveling alone. Super excited!! Wishing you all the best!!
Hi Celebebrate Life,
Thank you for message.
I too am super excited , especially now that my mind is at ease , after all the words of reassurance. Hope you have a peaceful & safe trip.
Xxx

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My husband and I (69 & 71) walked SJPP to SdC Sept 2015 and even if you walk alone there are plenty of perigrinos that time of year. Use common sense and do not worry. Buen camino!
Thank you so much for your kind words. Well done on your Camino walk.xxx

The only time I felt concerned walking by myself (female, 60, very slow walker) from Sarria to SdC (May) was when I couldn't get accommodation in the late afternoon, and had to keep walking.

There was an isolated "foresty"part, and a young man passed me, but nobody else around at all. He kept "appearing" in the distance in front of me and briefly turning around, and I feared the worst.... then realised that he was actually making sure I was OK! I was so grateful.

My jacket (quite long) was hi-vis yellow and red, which I always wore tied around my waist, so it was visible from all four directions.

In one place I was worried about making a large ATM withdrawal, so asked a nearby male pilgrim to stand with me at the ATM, then to walk off with me a little way, as though we were "together", before parting ways.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience and kind words. Xx
Chances are as a single walker you will meet fellow pilgrims very quickly and have as much or little company during your daily walks as you want.
Only if you are very determined to walk alone will this be the case you will find.
If you wish a solitary experience, just keep in a reasonable proximity of other walkers.
I would be highly surprised if the worst should happen that other nearby pilgrims would not come to your aid.
In three years of Camino walking my wife and I have had no issues at all.
My wife would ask me a few times why I turn around and look behind us every so often. I would reply, "Just checking our '6' dear."
Just keep a low level situational awareness and you will be fine.
Spain is very likely a much safer country than where ever you are coming from.
thank you so much for your kind words.xx

You will be going at a very busy time of year, so the chances of you being alone are very slim. Still, if you feel uncomfortable st any time, ask to walk with a fellow pilgrim as they will understand and will usually be more than obliging. I say usually, because some people truly want to be by alone, so in that case, just always walk with someone within your sight. When my fiancé and I were walking from Astorga to Rabanal, we caught up to a pilgrim named Suzanne who we noticed was making frequent stops. Of course when we caught up to her, we asked if she was okay (something all pilgrims do) and she said she was uncomfortable because a man in front of her kept stopping and looking back at her so she asked if we minded walking with her? Of course we didn't mind and so the three of us had a lovely walk and chatted the whole way. Eventually, we caught up to the man and asked if he was ok and he said yes so we continued on our way. Just trust your gut and stay safe!

Buen Camino!
Thank you so much for your kind & encouraging words.xx

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Female ?????

This is a serious thing that can happen anywhere. Please don't let it worry you about walking the Camino. The advice here is just good common sense tips. I walked in May 2016 and 90% of the time I was near other pilgrims...or they were right around the corner. One time the path split between the traditional and the primitive. Most took the traditional and I took the primitive. I was alone in the woods. It spooked me a bit and although nothing happened,I never took the primitive again. So, there's this unfortunate crime against a Korean pilgrim and great advice on prevention...and now mine...the criminal activity during my entire walk = zero.

Shaz, If I could offer one suggestion would be start at St Jean and walk as far as you can in the time aloted. The experience of going through the Pyrenees...breathtaking. Then when time allows return to where you leave off and continue. The last 100 is ok but........
when I went last year I thought it be a once in a lifetime experience.....I did St Jean to Santiago and all I want is to return .
No matter what it will change you forever.
Buen Camino

My sympathies & prayers for all those affected by tragedies on the Camino. That said, I have a couple words of advice . . .

First, trust in God, but tether your camel. In other words, most people and situations on the Camino will be wonderful. You will find blessings frequent & plentiful. However, like so many have already said, act with caution.

Second, I'd like to offer a few safeguards you can try. Please remember to try these safety techniques during your practice hikes. In your backpack, only carry those items which, if lost can be easily replaced. Whenever I arrived at an albergue early enough to go out on the town, I would take all the items out of my pack and display them on my bunk. This makes a statement to any and all observers that there is nothing valuable in my pack and if you don't mind carrying it, you are welcome to take it (all of this can be replaced). I'm serious! If you take it, you obviously need it more than me! My truly valuable possessions were always kept on my person. If I went anywhere my valuables went with me.

Next, in the event of being accosted on my way, I always carried a dummy wallet. It was a simple item, very light weight & easy to carry, just a roll of paper with a couple low value bills bundled together. (dollars, Euros, what-have-you). I also included a driver's license, old library card, expired credit card, or? (all personal information was scratched away). This dummy wallet looks enticing, but has no real value and it may just save your life. The bad guy will not see how useless it is until you are far, far away. Here's the trick: When accosted, pull the dummy wallet out of your pocket and throw it away. Act scared & yell at the top of your lungs, "That's all I have!" (¡Todo tengo!) Immediately run away yelling or blowing your whistle. Do not hesitate! Run!!!!! Most thieves want easy targets. They will see this roll of money and go after it while you are making a break for safety. When given a choice, they usually want the money more than they want you. One more note on this diversion, remember the Camino is typically a one-way trail. Run away in the reverse direction; soon there will be other Peregrinos coming toward you on the trail.

If you need to run away, remember there is nothing of value in your backpack. You can shed the pack and run so much faster that you will surprise even yourself at how fast you can run!

If you need to replace gear lost from your valueless backpack, most albergues have gear available that has been left behind or donated by other pilgrims. Ask and you will receive.

Send me a private message if you want more information.

Be safe. Be blessed. Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

ALSO in general....

Most of the time theft is done to target of opportunity since most of the products is illegal to carry as you mentioned, a loud whistle and a walking stick will normally "take care" of non-armed situation :)

zzotte

Most of the time theft is done to target of opportunity since most of the products is illegal to carry as you mentioned, a loud whistle and a walking stick will normally "take care" of non-armed situation :)

zzotte
I agree. Unfortunately, unless you are used to whipping out pepper spray, mace, a club, whatever... things often go wrong. 25 yrs working in ERs caring for victims of violence who were often victims of their "weapon", tells me running, screaming, resistance gives particularly a woman a better chance. Peaceful resistance.

My sympathies & prayers for all those affected by tragedies on the Camino. That said, I have a couple words of advice . . .

First, trust in God, but tether your camel. In other words, most people and situations on the Camino will be wonderful. You will find blessings frequent & plentiful. However, like so many have already said, act with caution.

Second, I'd like to offer a few safeguards you can try. Please remember to try these safety techniques during your practice hikes. In your backpack, only carry those items which, if lost can be easily replaced. Whenever I arrived at an albergue early enough to go out on the town, I would take all the items out of my pack and display them on my bunk. This makes a statement to any and all observers that there is nothing valuable in my pack and if you don't mind carrying it, you are welcome to take it (all of this can be replaced). I'm serious! If you take it, you obviously need it more than me! My truly valuable possessions were always kept on my person. If I went anywhere my valuables went with me.

Next, in the event of being accosted on my way, I always carried a dummy wallet. It was a simple item, very light weight & easy to carry, just a roll of paper with a couple low value bills bundled together. (dollars, Euros, what-have-you). I also included a driver's license, old library card, expired credit card, or? (all personal information was scratched away). This dummy wallet looks enticing, but has no real value and it may just save your life. The bad guy will not see how useless it is until you are far, far away. Here's the trick: When accosted, pull the dummy wallet out of your pocket and throw it away. Act scared & yell at the top of your lungs, "That's all I have!" (¡Todo tengo!) Immediately run away yelling or blowing your whistle. Do not hesitate! Run!!!!! Most thieves want easy targets. They will see this roll of money and go after it while you are making a break for safety. When given a choice, they usually want the money more than they want you. One more note on this diversion, remember the Camino is typically a one-way trail. Run away in the reverse direction; soon there will be other Peregrinos coming toward you on the trail.

If you need to run away, remember there is nothing of value in your backpack. You can shed the pack and run so much faster that you will surprise even yourself at how fast you can run!

If you need to replace gear lost from your valueless backpack, most albergues have gear available that has been left behind or donated by other pilgrims. Ask and you will receive.

Thank you for your tips, Cicso Jim!
It is really helpful before I depart for SJPP.
When I cant find friends who walk with me, I def send message to you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Cisco Jim from your lips to God's ears about running. I assure you after my stroke my run is barely a weak jog. You give wonderful advice about things. Your life or safety is not worth material things. I do believe that people along the Camino would most likely help in any and every way. My concern was not robbery or threat, but the violence that surely could have been in mind in dragging this poor woman towards a cave. I'm a trauma therapist have worked years with victims of violence... this part frightens me. I hope the man is found prosecuted and this raises the awareness of each community along the way! Sorry for redundant argument. Be aware and be safe!

You are spot on in that comment. It is a well known fact that many cultures do not trusts banks and/or use credit cards so they carry larger amounts of cash. (There was a report on the VDLP a couple of years back of a Korean woman (2 maybe) who had 2000 Euro stolen from their backpacks.) Maybe the Korean Camino Association could approach the Pilgrim Office in St Jean (and maybe a couple of the larger Albergues in Pamplona and elsewhere) about publishing notices warning Korean pilgrims to be careful especially in isolated areas or when carrying more than 100 Euros. Cheers
Goooooddd idea

Over one hundred thousand women each year walk the camino and receive their Compostela. Without minimising the trauma suffered by this victim, the odds of being attacked are not worth disturbing my peace of mind. I will continue to walk without taking any special precautions.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
and there is also the option of just plain hauling ass....
If possible, run away from the threat and you have to do that immediately. Even if it means jettisoning your pack off your body and leaving it behind. Run away and make a lot of noise while doing it. Keep running until you find somewhere safe and can locate assistance.
I'm not above discretion being the better part of valor. A couple of animals wave a shank or gun at me while on the Camino and want my money? You got it bro. Take it and sort through it while you see the back of my heels going away. You got me that time. Wish we had been on even odds, but you got me.

you got that right, legs don't fail me now hahaha

zzotte

Dear. All

As the title I wrote, I read a post that a Korean woman ran into a robber on last Friday when she walked to Los Arcos from Estella.

There was only 10 Euro in her pants pocket so she gave it to him but he didn't let her go and he forced her to push into a cave but she pretended not to understand what he said.
When the two Koreans found them, he ran away but his blood remained her jacket and she gave the jacket to the police office to request a DNA test.

I heard the news through a post in Korea Camino community and pilgrims who are planning the camino alone are worry about their safety.

I couldn't cancel anything at this moment because I already paid for too much money so I decided to just do it!

Burglary affairs happen every year (especially winter season) so please be careful and never walk alone and always look forward and afterward if there is someone walk with me.

Buen Camino!!!
So sad if this is becoming a problem and again in Los Arcos. After I heard about the death of the Korean girl a year ago, I walked the Camino with more awareness. There were times I walked alone but made sure that there were other pilgrims ahead of me and behind. Most of the time I felt safe.

So sad if this is becoming a problem and again in Los Arcos.
Isa R.,

What do you mean by this? You make it sound as if this uswd to be a trouble area and I cannot imagine what might you say that.

Thank you so so much for your wonderful words of experience & encouragement.xx

Shaz, If I could offer one suggestion would be start at St Jean and walk as far as you can in the time aloted. The experience of going through the Pyrenees...breathtaking. Then when time allows return to where you leave off and continue. The last 100 is ok but........
when I went last year I thought it be a once in a lifetime experience.....I did St Jean to Santiago and all I want is to return .
No matter what it will change you forever.
Buen Camino
Hi Penny, Thank you so much for your suggestion, yes my brother has also told me this. I do think it will be something that I will consider . My brother is going back again this year, doing the costal route, he also said it is life changing experience and something that he will continue for life. Xx

Dear. All

Buen Camino!!!
Dear. All

Buen Camino!!!
Hi Mirabelle
Sorry to hear about the attack. We felt very safe on the Camino in 2015 but someone stole my purse and credit cards in a university residence in Leon and 2 weeks after our return we found out that my husband's credit card had been cloned and used in Brazil. We think it may have happened at a restaurant in Finisterre or at the big alburgue in Santiago but we're not sure.

I am a towering 5' 2"/157cm, 125lbs/59kg, and female. I have walked CF at 39 years first time, 52 years 2014. Never, was I robbed or hurt in any fashion but I was vigilant. I grew up in Los Angeles and currently reside in New York City, so nature and nuture have schooled me to: look, watch, and listen. As long as you keep a sharp eye out you will be just fine. Facing fears is part of the pilgrimage. As an earlier thread stated: Do not allow a very rare, yet sad, incident halt your camino plans.
Buen camino.
Wow, overall, an incredible number of posts to cover what "nycwalking" said very well, in short fashion!!!!

Fear, unfortunately, drives way too much of the world economy.........

Of course things like this may happen anytime anywhere, but remember that the regions around the different Caminos are among those with the lowest crime-rate in the world. So wath up, but don't feel generally unsave!

I'm a Korean woman walking be alone in early March and this post has got me all anxious all over again! Sigh.

Don't be anxious @Sumin ;-) Easier said then done, but it all boils down to this:

The Camino is, statistically, safer than a lot of places pilgrims come from.
Use common sense, just like at home.
And - even in March you will have fellow pilgrims with you on the way, if you feel anxious, just ask them if you can walk with them/in sight of them for a while.

Buen Camino, SY

I'm not happy about this piece of news but I also refuse to worry too much. My 16-year-old daughter and I walked CF last summer and it was only very early in the mornings if there were no other pilgrims around that we felt a bit uneasy. Nothing bad ever happened to us. However, talking about the gut feeling, we both felt strangely uncomfortable and anxious entering Rioja and before Logrono. So uneasy that we decided to walk on and not look for an albergue in the town. We never figured out if the feeling was something real or just made up. Camino is calling us back and I am seriously considering bringing some loud personal alarm device with. Just to add a bit more security to the early mornings.

we both felt strangely uncomfortable and anxious entering Rioja and before Logrono. We never figured out if the feeling was something real or just made up.

Never ignore the ' Little Voice inside ' .

Thank you
I have travelled to Spain a few times and will again soon and have never had a problem with pickpockets etc. Like every other comment about walking the Camino I would suggest as a female then walk with others or at the least keep them in sight. Like anywhere in the world, don't flaunt that you have lots of cash on you. I used to get cash on arriving at a town and only keep a little in a pocket and stash the rest away. I never left my pack alone if I was by myself. You can carry a money belt under your clothes with passport money etc. I walked a from Astorga to O'Cebriero on my own. In September there were many people around. I ran in to a group of Brazlian men who were all peeing in the bushes right on the trail as I walked past. They walked a distance behind me for a while and kept calling out to me so I started to walk fairly quickly and they couldn't keep up and I lost them. That was the only time I had a problem. Like others have said, keep your personal radar on alert but do not be anxious and if something seems off then pay attention to it. You will be fine. Don't go looking for trouble and you won't get it.

Echoing what everyone is saying about help being close at hand, the local paper article says that after exchanging blows with her assailant this lady was able to escape and get help from some other pilgrims who were walking nearby, this made the man run off. [BTW for accuracy it wasn't a cave it was a small building or shed].

I can't speak for anyone else who has provided advice, but mine is aimed at anyone not particularly women. If you read carefully what I've written, I am saying that people do not need to have any fear of crime, I am advising people to just be a little bit more aware if they are alone, it's how I travel in general and it would seem being aware saved PeregrinoRobUK's bacon too at least once on the Camino.

I'm not telling anyone to carry pepper spray, I'm just saying I'd get some for my sister. You might not like the term 'soft target' but a small woman or older/elderly less mobile person travelling alone is of course going to appear as an easier proposition for a criminal compared to someone like Mark who is 1.85m, 102kg and willing to physically defend himself, that's just how it is. Define yourself however you like :)[/QUOTE

Thanks for the advice! I am a woman and very small build and not that young anymore and I am not stupid, I know I do not stand a change against one or more men who wants to take my money from me or do me any harm. So I appreciate all the advvise I could get and do not let my pride stand in my way, because I am a woman- duh!!

I think Portugal is relatively safe and pilgrims are barely a target. Just be vigilant as you would anywhere. Bom caminho!

Most read last week in this forum

Reports of money missing from a few wallets at Rocanvelles this afternoon. Money was taken, but the wallets/purses were not. Police have been called. Stay safe!

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back