• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

A Pilgrim's Perspective

CannuckPilgrim

Hi Everyone,

First of all I want to thank Ivar for putting up and maintaining this wonderful board, as well as all the people who contribute to it. It was instrumental in the planning of my pilgrimage.

I just returned from the Camino in the first week of June. I attempted to walk from Orlean, France but decided the freeway walking beyond Tours was too dangerous so I skipped ahead from Tours to Saint-Jean-Pied-De-Port. All said and done I walked 1011 kilometers all the way to Finisterre. The pilgrimage was the best thing I've ever done, I'd do it again any day!

For those of you interested I've posted some pictures from along the way, there are lots of them: http://picasaweb.google.com/SaunteringPilgrim

Enjoy, and thanks again,
Eric

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Re: your photos

Eric, I just spent some time looking at your photos. I'm a retired photography instructor, so I have looked a few photos. Your composition is just terrific! Your are a very gifted person and I thank you for sharing them with us all. They made me all the more excited to make my walk in Oct. Thanks again, John

Eric

I completed the camino frances a few years ago and I'm about to do it again at the beginning of Sept.

I've just looked through your photos and have to congratulate you. Apart from being well-composed etc, they capture the spirit of the camino very well. It's solitude, the companionship of other pilgrims, the sense of the ancient nature of the road and the places you stop at on the way.

They brought back a lot of wonderful memories for me and now I am even more keen to start on my way.

Thanks again
John

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hola !

I just have to agree with the two other guys - your pictures were splendid !!!!!!

What kind of camera did you use ? I brought a big, heavy Canon EOS 20 D on my first week in May. I think it was too heavy to carry, so my last five weeks will be with an old Canon compact-camera with only 4 mp.

Best wishes, and if you make a book of your photos, I will most certainly buy it !

Liv :)

Eric -

Thank you for posting the pictures. They are so beautiful!!. I particularly liked the variety of settings - the road - friends - interesting buildings/animals/flora along the way, and the story that your album tells.

Best wishes

David

Beautiful!

I just LOVED looking at your photos!
We have 2 weeks until we leave for Europe and now I'm REALLY anxious to get on the Camino Sept 1 --

I have a question.. you look very happy & healthy at the end of the walk. Did you lose much weight?

Thanks again! Gosh, I feel I don't need to take a camera now.. I'll just keep your photos as a postcard!

Deborah

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Fabulous Pics

Hi Eric

Just spent a pleasant hour looking at your pics. I have travelled much of that country (by car) and know people who live in northern Spain. Your pics are terrific and capture much of the beauty of that part of Spain.

I will be in SJPP Sept. 18th to begin my pilgrimage and can't wait to start. Your pics on whetted the appetite. Thanks for taking the time to put together such a good presentarion. I am sure it will inspire many.

Michael

Hola Eric!

What fantastic photos you took! Best set of camino photos I've seen on the net so far. If I have only known there was a world class photographer along the road I would have gladly applied as a disciple. I met you along the camino, I believe Gino (of Geneva) and Pierre (Canadian of the overnight coughing fit in Logrono) introduced you to me, the only Filipino on the road at the time. After Logrono I was mostly one day ahead of you but I met Gino, Pierre and Geoff again the day they arrived in Santiago shortly before continuing to Finisterre. You're lucky not to have encountered the sleet and snow at the Cruz de Ferro!

It is seeing photos like yours (with familiar faces) that transport me back to the camino again...

Mabuhay!

Mark TQM
(Philippines)

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

Could I ask what may be naive question. This will be my 1st Camino and I will be mostly staying in alberques. Could you please explain the bathroom/shower etiquette to me? I have no idea what...
Do i need both these apps? I want to spend as little time my device as possible so if one app will do fine that’s my preference.
I was planning to document my journey through my blog (or Vlog, as I would probably take lots of videos). I was thinking of using my iPhone, and I ordered a foldable keyboard to facilitate typing...
I did the Norte in 2017. This set off a wild ride of changes in life - shifting many things. I am now at a new plateau and it feels like the right time to do Camino #2, this time the...
Hi to all, I'm looking for a really, really good place (an artist) to get a Tattoo in Santiago, it could be before Santiago but I presume in Santiago I will be ready to have my first one. The...
My daughter and I will be on the Portuguese on June and July starting in Lisbon. We will arrive in Porto about the 27th of June. We want to stay for three nights. Can we stay in an albergue for...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back